StarCraft® II

what is resource stalls?

I can't find any information on what it is or why I was getting the message well plapying.
Reply Quote
Anyone ?
Reply Quote
seriously, no one knows the meaning of this?
Reply Quote
I was wondering this myself! I can't seem to find anything on the subject either.
Reply Quote
03/09/2013 06:50 PMPosted by Liqwid
I was wondering this myself! I can't seem to find anything on the subject either.

Well I have a gm ticket in, it's taken about 4 or 5 replies and a picture for the gm to finally see what I was talking about (he says he only seen it last night in a game he was in, he has no clue what it is but he is looking into it,).

When he answers me I will post back for you.
Reply Quote
here is the gm answer

Hi there!

Hmm, Stalls/min eh? We usually don't really mess with this much and it seems to have been added back in 1.5.2 (around there). Not really seeing any blue posts about it either. It seems to be related to system resources and if there are any system side stutters in the game, it generates this statistic based on that (since the game has to be in sync with the server, it would make sure it's keeping up).

Basically the number just lets you know if you have any major fps/resource issues in relation to sync with the servers. It would only be an issue if it was excessively high as that would point toward a hardware related issue (as opposed to a latency issue) I think it's a good way to figure out if you are having an fps issue or latency issue since most people associate both as "lag"

I know thats a bit unclear but yeah, even the site was limited in its information.
Reply Quote
Short answer

Intel chips have the ability to measure how many times a cycle is wasted due to an issue with resources on the computer

What you need to know

Lower is better.
Edited by Darkilla on 3/12/2013 9:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Short answer

Intel chips have the ability to measure how many times a cycle is wasted due to an issue with resources on the computer

What you need to know

Lower is better.

Thank you. You would not believe how hard that was to get out of the gms, they been really busy I guess and the first 2 had no Idea what it actually was
Reply Quote
what if you dont have an intel chip?
Reply Quote
- SCII Technical Support
Look in the stickies above as well!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]