StarCraft® II

Copy Arcade Map

So I'm sure that this has already been asked somewhere but for the life of me I couldn't find it in here anywhere. So, sorry that I'm probably asking this again.

I was wondering how I can copy a map that is currently in the arcade (Pobes vs Zeelot) and make some changes to it and then republish it. It is something that I really didn't want to do because I would just be stealing the guys work, but this map hasn't been edited in over a year and a half and with the recent patch the map is completely broken. It's sad because it used to be a very popular map but it's not anymore because of all these issues with it. It was one of my favorite maps to play so now I want to fix it so that it becomes popular again.

Anyone know how I can copy it to fix it?
Reply Quote
You ask the original maker for the map and get his permission.

Part of the reason this map system is in place is so people couldn't steal other's work.

We can go back to the old way sure. Some of us can show you how to run a virus from a map as well.
Reply Quote
Well, hopefully he responds to me >.<

And, I mean, don't get me wrong. I definitely don't want to come off as wanting to steal his work, but it's my favorite map ever and he just hasn't updated it in a year and a half. I'm just sad to see it become less popular. Haha.

But thank you for letting me know I really can't get the map from anywhere except for him!
Reply Quote
Ya I know it sucks but it is better than the other way.

Some mappers back in WC3 would use custom script to execute viruses when the map detected certain player names.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]