StarCraft® II

HOTS platinum to silver :(

About a month ago in WoL I got promoted to platinum I slowly worked my way to the top, and soon I was playing against diamond players. Then HOTS came out, I was very excited, and waited till the release at 2:00 AM, I played the first mission in the campaign, and then I went to sleep. I had a horrible night sleep, and woke up early. I then tried to play my placement matches. I played so horribly that I got placed in silver, and now I have almost no motivation to get back up, do any of you know how long it will take to get back up to plat, or a way to get motivated?
Reply Quote
It's okay. I think HotS is incredibly hard compared to WoL so I havent even tried Ladder yet till I get the feel of things. I can tell that I do poorly in most of my games though, comparatively at least.
Reply Quote
U can get it back.
Edited by BadMoJoGoGo on 3/13/2013 3:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Isn't there a way to leave your league now?
Reply Quote
I will try
Reply Quote
Yes there is a "leave league" button in the section where it shows your rank in your league ladder. Or else just do enough games to get promoted, I mean, a plat playing vs. silvers, faceroll your way to victory and try doing some achieves :P
Reply Quote
I went from diamond to silver. Got promoted to gold should be back in diamond by the end of the week. Just keep playing the way you do you'll be fine.
Reply Quote
Yes there is a "leave league" button in the section where it shows your rank in your league ladder. Or else just do enough games to get promoted, I mean, a plat playing vs. silvers, faceroll your way to victory and try doing some achieves :P

Pretty much what I'm doing :p kind of a nice break to be honest but I feel bad for some of these kids though lol.
Reply Quote
yea global play will do that. im kinda hopin i go to bronze
Reply Quote
Ladder's going to be jacked for a while while the GMs, masters, and diamonds claw their way back up the rankings. Don't let ladder losses in the first 3 days get you down.

Play unranked for a bit until it settles down and then give it another go.
Reply Quote
i mean...the mmr's reset, so there's lots of pros/masters from last season that are placing plat/gold and have to climb from there.

look at my division, kane is a like 4 time GM and semi-pro, who was placed in plat and climbing from there, now in my diamond division lol

i ran into FXOKarmy on ladder last night too. it just happens when there's an MMR reset - it'll even out in a week or so i'm sure.

but with global play, i'm sure things will be pretty competetitve. hence why they probably relaxed the bronze - gold leagues.
Reply Quote
did my placement matches early and placed into gold despite making masters multiple times. the first few days are going to be a bit whack but should go back to normal when the good players play enough to get promoted to their correct leagues.
Reply Quote
I went from plat in WoL to silver in HoTS...and I've already been promoted back to plat. The leagues aren't as solid as they were in WoL right now. It's very easy to be promoted.
Reply Quote
lol same

you went double down from plat

and I went double down from diamond
Reply Quote
About a month ago in WoL I got promoted to platinum I slowly worked my way to the top, and soon I was playing against diamond players. Then HOTS came out, I was very excited, and waited till the release at 2:00 AM, I played the first mission in the campaign, and then I went to sleep. I had a horrible night sleep, and woke up early. I then tried to play my placement matches. I played so horribly that I got placed in silver, and now I have almost no motivation to get back up, do any of you know how long it will take to get back up to plat, or a way to get motivated?
Easy, play the now OP Terran. Can't wait till they nerf the freakin medivac boosts which makes medivacs faster than Mutalisks and Hellbats which completely makes Zerglings useless in ZvT now.
Edited by Nerchio on 3/13/2013 10:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was placed in silver after my first 5 HoTS placement matches. I was top 8 plat in WoL, but someone took my star because I was playing HoTS on the SEA server instead of WoL ladder. I, like you, was pissed.

I messed around for a few games as terran, and then a few as protoss, just to play around with their new mechanics. 3 base skytoss is *absolutely terrifying*. If they start morphing their mothership at around the time they start making their 3rd and 4th tempest, they can have a timing push with 12-20 voidrays and 8-10 tempests...cloaked. Not to mention recall it back and push when the next upgrade wave is done.

Widow mines are hilarious against bad players, and great tools against good players. The terrifying thing about terran right now is the boosters on the medvacs + hellion drops. Yes, I said it, hellion drops, not hellbat drops. Simply by swapping the factory to the tech lab while you harass the opponent's third, you can research the swap on hellions to let them turn into hellbats. That way, you can still fit 4 of them in a medvac instead of 2. Drop 2 medvacs full in a pair of bases, let the hellions get 1 flame out when they land then morph them, and enjoy a round of lulz.

Needless to say, I lost a handful of games and that too depressed me. Then I settled down and played a handful of games, just playing solidly, and I went to bed rank 1 gold. Picked up tonight playing solid and got promoted to Plat again. Hoping to make the push to diamond while the getting is good, if I can keep my macro solid during pushes (♥ SH's for giving me more inject time) I can cross my fingers and dream of masters :3

TLDR: Just play solid and you'll end up getting put back where you need to be.
Reply Quote

IDRA and Demuslim made plat on their placements so don't feel too bad
Reply Quote
Thanks everybody! Right now I am in the middle of moving back to Virginia. Once I get settled I will start to ladder again! I left my league, and, so now I can play more placement matches, I will push through on the ladder!!

If any of you want to practice with me on HOTS I will be more than happy with the practice time, whatever your rank is! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]