StarCraft® II

Brutal No Evolutions/Bonus Levels?

Anyone try no evolutions and avoiding any bonus levels on Kerrigan on Brutal? (bonus points for not selecting any additional Kerrigan skills than the few that are selected automatically for you)

Edited Challenge:

1. You may not click on the evolution pit (i.e. no types of mutations at all)
2. You must leave Kerrigan's abilities unselected whenever possible
3. You must set Kerrigan's abilities to chain reaction/heroic fortitude/heal whenever possible.
4. You must do Char first, and rescue Jim as soon as it's available (hehe no infestors for you in Conviction, good luck)
5. You must avoid doing any bonus objectives (i.e. no extra levelups, no infesting the second ursadon in the protoss ship, no breaking the gates in planetfall so no backup for you in the last mission hehe)

But other than that, you can use Kerrigan to the best extent you deem fit. I.e. she can die, you can make use of whatever skills she does have, but the point is you limit her abilities severely to begin with).

I expect Conviction to be a major roadblock! I also imagine assaulting Warfield's base to be a massive chore with unupped lings and no unit diversity (no swarm hosts/impalers/roaches/hydras).
Edited by Damastes on 4/1/2013 1:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
O_o Tougher than I thought, anyone made any progress?
Reply Quote
The answer is simple ... infestors ... nueral parasite ... game over
Reply Quote
Oooo additional restriction; as soon as you access Kerrigan's abilities, you must switch them to chain reaction and heroic fortitude (so no kinetic blast or psi grip), and then when she gets the heal spell from Supreme, you must switch it out to banelings, and never activate the other abilities.
Reply Quote
Actually, you may only use passive abilities on Kerrigan. No Active abilities such as kinetic blast.
Reply Quote
Yea that's what I meant by switching her actives to the passives asap and never activate the higher tier ones :D
Reply Quote
that might be hard lol
Reply Quote
Anyone give it the old college try? :D
Reply Quote
I've been going through with a weird build and it's quite a bit more challenging.
Reply Quote
Anyone try? oO
Reply Quote
I got through the no evolutions (except ones available in multiplayer), but I did depend on an excessive amount of Apocalypses, the malignant creep passive, Fury, ect...

For those who are wondering:

Metabolic boost for zerglings
Tunneling Claws for Roaches
Grooved Spines for Hydralisks
Tissue Regeneration for Mutalisks
Burrow for Swarm Hosts

And nothing else.
Edited by TheGame on 4/1/2013 1:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
....but can you do it without selecting any of Kerrigan's higher abilities, and absolutely no evolutions whatsoever, even the ones available in multi?

Remember, you have to swap Kerrigan's initial skills to passive as soon as possible and actually when she gets heal then you have to stick with it (no wild mut or banelings). Kinetic blast -> fortitude and grasp/shift -> chain reaction asap.
Reply Quote
....but can you do it without selecting any of Kerrigan's higher abilities, and absolutely no evolutions whatsoever, even the ones available in multi?

Remember, you have to swap Kerrigan's initial skills to passive as soon as possible and actually when she gets heal then you have to stick with it (no wild mut or banelings). Kinetic blast -> fortitude and grasp/shift -> chain reaction asap.

I may have to do it again.

Forgot to mention I also put the restriction of no respawns for kerrigan - she dies, I restart the level. Unless it was a level with Stukov or Niadra or Dehaka, in which case if any of these guys died I had to restart.
Edited by TheGame on 4/1/2013 1:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Burrow for Swarm Hosts

That's intensely cheating, Swarm Hosts with burrow is EZ mode.

No evos AT ALL =) And no Kerrigan upper abilities (just don't select them when they become available).
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 01:32 AMPosted by Damastes
That's intensely cheating, Swarm Hosts with burrow is EZ mode.

But but but

Multiplayer I use swarm hosts with burrow...

(I wasn't talking about Nydus Hosts BTW... just swarm hosts that have full burrow instead of root)

I was also immensely disappointed that to get brood lords I would have to get the super-evolutions for zerglings, roaches, banelings, hydralisks and swarm hosts.
Edited by TheGame on 4/1/2013 1:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 01:32 AMPosted by TheGame
Forgot to mention I also put the restriction of no respawns for kerrigan - she dies, I restart the level.

Oh that's a bit much. You can use her to her fullest in the missions, but you just have to gimp her ability selection as much as possible to begin with. D:
Reply Quote
I wasn't talking about Nydus Hosts BTW... just swarm hosts that have full burrow instead of root)

Yea I know what you mean. Swarm hosts with full burrow is still intensely cheating in the campaign, it's like having cloaked siege tanks.

I wonder if anyone is man enough to try; there should be with all these "campaign is ez" threads xD
Reply Quote
Oh, and you have to do Char first =)
Reply Quote

Dam you. Dam you to hell.

It doesn't even make sense in continuity. It makes more sense to wait till Kerrigan is the Primal QoB again before you do Char.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 01:44 AMPosted by TheGame

Dam you. Dam you to hell.

It doesn't even make sense in continuity. It makes more sense to wait till Kerrigan is the Primal QoB again before you do Char.

How so? A few lines dialogue? I will have you know, Zargara believes that she has grown powerful enough to challenge Kerrigan. That only makes sense if Kerrigan is still human. I think it makes more sense for her to go to both Char and Kadir before setting foot on Zerus. Why would she make the longer voyage (assuming Kerrigan does not have access to some forum of warp travel) when Kadir and Char are by comparison, so much closer together?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]