StarCraft® II

The official video tutorial in CE DvD is good

My CE box has arrived. And I found 2 offical Editor video tutorials in the HotS Behind the Scene DvD . One is about the Editor itself (40 min), the other is about the Cuscene Editor (50 min).

Though these two tutorials told me nothing that I didn't know, I still feel they are good enough for the Editor beginners. (especially the Cutscene one, since few map makers know how the cutscene editor works.)

Does blizzard have plan to release them on the website? Since it would be a waste if just the ones who brought CE box could see the two video tutorials. (And it's the first time blizzard makes video tutorials for the Editor)

I had thought to attach CN subtitles on them and upload them on CN map maker site, but on the other hand I'm not sure if uploading these tutorials would violate the TOS. So if blizzard have plan to release it themselves, things would be much better.
Edited by Renee on 3/19/2013 2:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
as a beginner to cutscene editing, i have to say that the tutorial included with the CE is of very little help to someone who is learning from the ground up. They leave out so many necessary details.

-They forgot to mention to include the Campaign Story dependencies or many files simply do not show up. I had assumed when creating a new map and clicking "Add campaign content" it would have done that to start with, but it doesn't.

-They tell you that you can import audio data, but then do not explain exactly how (i see the import button, but they didn't explain that you have to create an entry in the data.

-They don't explain how to add a camera that allows you to view the in game terrain/units.

-They DON'T mention that you have to add that facefx thing to get lyp syincing to work. The guy just throws campaign audio on the scene and Kerrigan magically moves her lips.

All this may come obvious to someone who's already good at this stuff, but to a complete novice trying to learn, it is of little help. The information given is not enough for me to complete even a basic cutscene.

Also, none of the campaign cutscenes work when activated (and yes i have added the Campaign and Campaign Story dependencies).
Edited by hobbes on 3/24/2013 12:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]