The Rising Tide

"Sir Gildarts is my name. The King is currently preoccupied with personal matters. He will see to you when he is free. Am I correct in that everyone is accounted for?"
Reply Quote
Owl, you could respond to my post.

IC: Bale was looking around this housing. His eyes adjusting to the light and darkness. The smell of the bread and fish permeated the roof of his mouth and into the nostrils of his nose. This woman that he saw was beautiful. Not knowing if she could have been royalty or just peasantry. "I'm... I feel a sharp pain almost."

Bale grinned in a sad little way. He was hurting all over and was aching. "I feel better than I was on that beach in the hot sun."
Reply Quote
"Where do you feel the pain?" asks the lady with concern on her face.
Reply Quote
Owl, you could respond to my post.

IC: Bale was looking around this housing. His eyes adjusting to the light and darkness. The smell of the bread and fish permeated the roof of his mouth and into the nostrils of his nose. This woman that he saw was beautiful. Not knowing if she could have been royalty or just peasantry. "I'm... I feel a sharp pain almost."

Bale grinned in a sad little way. He was hurting all over and was aching. "I feel better than I was on that beach in the hot sun."
Can't yet, using iPad atm. I'll post in an hour or so when I have my laptop.
Reply Quote
Bale pointed at his side with pain. It was most likely bruised but he was lucky there were no broken bones. "On my side." He said, straining his voice as his body ached some more.
Reply Quote
The lady takes rummages her bag and takes out an ointment of some sort. She removes the lid and dips two fingers into the jar.

"Try to relax yourself, this should ease the pain," she says as she begins to apply it to the bruised skin.

"Say, what's your name and how did you end up on the sea?"
Reply Quote
The fingers and the ointment felt soothing but painful as they touched the surface of the skin. Bale gasped in slight pain.
"I'm Bale. I was on a ship helping the fishermen. My father allows me to because he knows it's important for the people to work together and to bring us all closer towards a common goal. I'm from the Stormwinds... I'm the Lord's son."
Reply Quote
"Sir Gildarts is my name. The King is currently preoccupied with personal matters. He will see to you when he is free. Am I correct in that everyone is accounted for?"

"I am honored to meet a knight of the King, sir. We are pleased to await the King's attention, for he has much to attend to I am sure. We have no retinue. What service we require we will purchase. May we be directed to some inn or other establishment where we may seek board?"
Reply Quote
"The King has kindly set up a place for you to stay within the castle's guest rooms. He takes great care is bringing hospitality to his retainers, especially those from Mesorath. If you will follow me..."
========
"You're the Lord's son?" she asks simply, now checking Bale's pulse.
Reply Quote
I just realized that even with magic, my person will be gone at least a week RP time...well, time to sit back and wait.
Reply Quote
Bale gave a pained look. "Yes, I'm Lord Remnani's son."
Reply Quote
Li manages to destroy a smile before it reaches his face. He was certain there were prepared quarters, but it was always best to assume a humble air at first. He bows, as does Em.

"At once, sir. We are flattered by his Majesty's generosity."
Reply Quote
Bale gave a pained look. "Yes, I'm Lord Remnani's son."

Her face does not betray any emotion. She stands up and grabs a cup.

"The one they call a "traitor" and "bootlicker?" You're life is in trouble should the wrong people get a hold of you."

She pours some water in and hands it over to Bale.

"Drink. You are dehydrated."
======
"Here are your rooms. The King, as I've said, does not wish to meet anyone. I am sure you already heard the news."
Reply Quote
"We have heard a great deal of news, and it is only to determine what of it is true, and what of the true is relevant. I thank you once again. Is there, by chance, a way we could discover when the King will be ready to meet with his servants?"
Reply Quote
"As for as I know, no. He is mourning the death of his eldest son and does not wish to speak with anyone for the time being. Until then, you are free to roam the castle's halls. Should you want to visit the city itself, a guide can be arranged."
Reply Quote
"Thank you, sir GIldarts. If it is possible, give the King the condolences of House Heartstone. We are acquainted with loss ourselves and sympathize with his grief."
Reply Quote
"Very well, I take my leave. Enjoy your stay."

OOC: Done with this for today.
Reply Quote
The majority of the crew of the three frigates disembark and gather on the harbor's edge, leaving only a few people on each ship. The visitors walk over to meet the guards, with Ciara Ileris and Zirian at the front of the group, followed by the captains of the two other ships and then the other crew members.

Ciara cast a glance at Ceodore and his daughter as they walked. Ceodore, for the most part, appeared genuinely pleased to see them, though there was a slight hint of anxiety in his posture. His daughter Kristina, however, had an apprehensive look to her face. She was looking at all of them, but every now and then she stared at Zirian for a while before looking away. Ciara had something of an idea forming about what Ceodore wanted to speak with them about now, but they would get a chance to talk soon.

The group for Athernae came up to the guards, stopping a respectful distance away from them and waiting for them to speak.
Reply Quote
Bale eagerly grabbed the cup as he took a generous gulp. His throat ached with the pain that came with dehydration. Dry... rough.

"He's not really a traitor and he isn't a bootlicker. A traitor must know that his king is mad and still blindly follow him... We didn't know he was mad... we were just following his orders... he had several others giving out commands that we didn't know the news until it was too late... No we all pay the price." He was saddened.

-------------------------------------------

Ceodore ordered the guards as he moved up, offering his hand out towards his guests. "I was just actually expecting you. I was going to give you a letter but I believe this might shed some more light on our situation... As you are aware. A massive storm his us hard and the people are losing hope... too much of it." He paused with a grim look on his face. The situation had been dire and thanks to the storm...

Kristina tried to lighten the mood. "Welcome to Ferrlon. I hope that you all have a pleasant stay while you are here. And I'm sorry if my father is boring you... he does that quite often. But the necessity of it is important..." She was going to be brave for her people. Even if the decision could be rash... anything for them. "Do you want us to give you a tour around our port or would you rather talk in private." She said the last part very lightly, not wanting the others to overhear and by others, she meant the actual people. Knowing that there was a chance that several men, women, and children will be beg their guests.
Reply Quote
Em was eager to see the city. Li was not so.

"I'd not go out there, if I were you. This place is laden with scum, I imagine."

Emmanuel grinned and flexed his powerful arms. "Let them try something with me. I'll bash in their skulls and rob them."

Li gave a sigh of exasperation. "That is a reckless way to speak. You will cause your own death. If you must see the city, then send for the promised guide. Surely that will not detract from your experience, and it will certainly keep hands out of your pockets and knives out of your throat."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]