StarCraft® II

Zerg Evolution choices

Pick one mutation and evolution for each Zerg unit shown and make the best combo.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/heart-of-the-swarm-campaign/evolution-pit

Zergling- Raptor evolution with Metabolic Boost. Ridiculously fast and can jump cliffs? Hope you were never planning on mining and leaving your base at the same time.

Baneling- Hunter Strain with Rupture. It launches at you to explode. And with 50% more explosion. Better GG now.

Roach- This one is tough. Almost certainly Adaptive Plating for super burrow regen, but I think I'm leaning more towards Vile Strain (assuming debilitate means they take on more damage) because...

Hydras- Frenzied Hydras attacking 50% faster with Roaches causing the units to take even more damage? That packs a bigger hit than a Carbot Immortal.

What are your choices?
Reply Quote
03/10/2013 07:50 PMPosted by DirtyD
That packs a bigger hit than a Carbot Immortal.

And thats saying something, since a Carbot Immortal can one shot a hatchery O_O
Reply Quote
I think it's dumb that metabolic boost is a choice. It's by far the best. I'm sure the others will be situationally better in some cases, but generally speaking speed is overall the most useful. I thought the whole point of campaign is to have stupidly overpowered upgrades on top of standard ones- e.g. tech reactor.
Reply Quote
Zergling (Swarmling) - Adrenal Overload, definitely best if I'm ripping apart my opponents as fast as possible.

Baneling (Hunter) - Rupture, if I'm going to have a unit suicide I want it to cover as much space as it can with the blast.

Roach (Corpser) - Adaptive Plating, lets it stay around a LOT longer to do damage.

Hydra - Grooved Spines, makes it a better long range fighter against air and ground.
Reply Quote
Baneling- Hunter Strain with Rupture. It launches at you to explode. And with 50% more explosion. Better GG now.

If it doesn't die after exploding and hits air too then they could rename it to "Widow Mine".
Reply Quote
Zergling - Raptor with adrenal because...more damage and the ability to jump up and down cliffs.

Baneling - Splitter with Corrosive Acid because more banes that all do more damage. So tasty!

Roach - Vile because it's purple...
Reply Quote
I am sorry for being late to the party, but does this work for MP too or just SP?
Reply Quote
03/10/2013 08:39 PMPosted by Thrawn
I am sorry for being late to the party, but does this work for MP too or just SP?

Just SP.
Reply Quote

Just SP.

MP these would be ridiculously OP
Edited by DirtyD on 3/10/2013 11:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/10/2013 07:54 PMPosted by Lumamaster
That packs a bigger hit than a Carbot Immortal.

And thats saying something, since a Carbot Immortal can one shot a hatchery O_O

Well a carbot ultralisk is obviously a Torrasque. Cause it took about 30 hits from an immortal.
Reply Quote
Well since you can change them from mission to mission, I dunno. I guess just it'll just depend on whatever works best. I think the only time I'd change from DPS increases is if I was really struggling with a mission.
Reply Quote
ZERGLING:

Adrenal Overload Raptors. Sure they aren't super fast, but I'm pretty sure that creep spread will be super easy in campaign, added to the fact that zerglings will most likely have some form of extra speed in comparison to a slow ling anyway, I'm pretty sure an 8 damage 0.47 second/attack zergling will just rip through everything. Especially when it can cliff jump.

BANELING:

Regenerative Acid Splitterlings
"You get health! You get health! You get health! EVERYONE GETS HEALTH!"

(especially since kerrigan has the ability to spawn 6 free banelings...)

ROACH
Vile Tunneling Claws.

I always liked tunneling claws. Add in the bonus damage from Vile roaches and...

HYDRALISK
Frenzied Hunter Killers. Because. Hunter killers will most likely be one of the strain choices.
Reply Quote
Zergling- Raptor evolution with Metabolic Boost. Ridiculously fast and can jump cliffs? Hope you were never planning on mining and leaving your base at the same time

Melee reaper

Suicide .5 supply widow mine

Roach- This one is tough. Almost certainly Adaptive Plating for super burrow regen, but I think I'm leaning more towards Vile Strain (assuming debilitate means they take on more damage) because...

Just overpowered.

Hydras- Frenzied Hydras attacking 50% faster with Roaches causing the units to take even more damage? That packs a bigger hit than a Carbot Immortal.

Sounds like frenzy is basically a stim - 50% faster attack rate for 15 seconds. Hell yeah.
Reply Quote
What are your choices?

3 zerglings at a time
Baneling explode heal
Roachlings
Reply Quote
Actually Carbot Zealot hit the hatchery 6 times before the Carbot Immortal wiped it up.
Reply Quote
Sounds like frenzy is basically a stim - 50% faster attack rate for 15 seconds. Hell yeah.

Without the 10 HP damage penalty.
Reply Quote
Corpser roaches with light damage bonus to spawn clones faster.

"Kill 3 zealots with this roach and you get X-X CLONES! kill 3 zealots with 5 roaches you get X CLONES! and then as you kill more you get more clones and clones and clones and clones of roaches untill the entire map is filled with roaches!"
Edited by Dappert on 3/15/2013 1:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]