StarCraft® II

Beginner improvement and terran suggestions

Hello, Let me first say I've been watching Starcraft since BW Days, and have obviously followed SC2 since then. I dabbled in BW some but just played around at best.

Coming into SC2 I decided to try playing it and get into the game over simply just watching. Needless to say the learning curve is steep starting out. Trying to learn hotkeys to control groups and simply beat a A.I consistently is hard enough it seems.

I was wondering what area would be best to focus on in general to get better. I've started to get better with hotkeys...control groups sorta...but that's about it..adv things and multi-tasking is a work in progress to say the least.

As a additional question, Being I plan to use terran as my main race, what tips or special neuances to the race should I look into learning?

P.S- I've looked into some guides and try using what i've learned from watching games all these years, but some extra feedback would help so i can narrow down where to start in getting better.
Reply Quote
Pretty much the general tips is don't worry about micro and focus solely on production. Pretty much all you need to do to get better is learn a super solid build order. I suggest learning bombers 1 rax fe. Once you hit all of your timings you'll find that you will dominate your opponents just because your build order is better.
Reply Quote
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=402270
This guide does a very good job of outlining all the general concepts to focus on for beginners. It highlights what you should start by learning, but also mentions some more advanced topics so that you have an idea of what is coming.

A very popular tutorial for lower level Terran players is FilterSC. Basically it is a series of youtube videos that guide you through learning the game. I personally disagree with a few aspects of them, particularly the bronze and silver level episodes, but overall they are very solid. A lot of people report huge improvements from watching these tutorials. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3BEC8845BD92A381

If you have any further questions or want help, feel free to message me in game. I am TheHappyNun and my character code is 888.
Reply Quote
Thanks man, that filtersc playlist is just what I was looking for!

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=402270
This guide does a very good job of outlining all the general concepts to focus on for beginners. It highlights what you should start by learning, but also mentions some more advanced topics so that you have an idea of what is coming.

A very popular tutorial for lower level Terran players is FilterSC. Basically it is a series of youtube videos that guide you through learning the game. I personally disagree with a few aspects of them, particularly the bronze and silver level episodes, but overall they are very solid. A lot of people report huge improvements from watching these tutorials. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3BEC8845BD92A381

If you have any further questions or want help, feel free to message me in game. I am TheHappyNun and my character code is 888.
Reply Quote
Thank you for the replies. Yeah I saw that by filter; that was definitely something I had to work on. I've been trying one Rax expands so far, but by mid game it gets a bit hairy in terms of where I go production wise. Trying against elite a.i now but getting smashed pretty hard, so Still need more work I guess...lol...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]