StarCraft® II

Upgrade to Heart of the Swarm

hi everyone, i have a question, i am from Mexico, but i buy my Starcraft Wings of liberty ( regular edition ) on USA, so i dont have to buy any gametime cards or anything like that, but i want to upgrade to Heart of the swarm buying the game on my battle.net account upgrading my Starcraft Wings of Liberty, in my account the prize appears in Mexican Pesos, so if i upgrade it in that way i have to pay gametime cards?

Sorry for my bad english
Reply Quote
What Shonix said.
Sc2 doesn't use timecards since it is a one time payment.
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 07:35 AMPosted by Zakarious

In north america that is true, there are regions that you can either purchase the game outright, or instead purchase game time cards to play it. I am not sure if Mexico is one of them.
Reply Quote
In north america that is true, there are regions that you can either purchase the game outright, or instead purchase game time cards to play it. I am not sure if Mexico is one of them.

If u buy the game in Mexico you have to pay gametime cards :/, but i buy wings of liberty on usa so i have not to pay for that.

but since im buying the expansion on internet ( battle.net upgrade ) i dont know if they take my ip or something like that and sell it to my like in Mexico.
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Sonne

If u buy the game in Mexico you have to pay gametime cards :/, but i buy wings of liberty on usa so i have not to pay for that.

but since im buying the expansion on internet ( battle.net upgrade ) i dont know if they take my ip or something like that and sell it to my like in Mexico.

You can try switching your region in the battle.net store, otherwise you may need to purchase a US physical copy or key.
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Sonne

Mira Sonne, te voy a sacar de tu ignorancia para hacerte feliz. A todos los que vivimos en países latinos, el battle.net se nos puso en MXN, es completamente irrelevante de que país seas y da lo mismo que lo compres en MXN, YA NO EXISTE SC2 CON GAMECARDS. Fue eliminado hace tiempo, todos los que tenían starcraft con tarjetas ahora tienen cuenta ilimitada. Así que, quítate esos miedos, no existe más ese problema. Yo no soy Mexicano y compré el digital upgrade en battle.net y no tuve problema alguno. So do it.

03/11/2013 07:39 AMPosted by Battyone

they don't do that anymore. All accounts that used gamecards were upgraded to unlimited versions sometime ago. The gamecard model was eliminated and everyone has a full account now. All our battle.net were changed to MXN for some reason, but that is irrelevant, I bought HotS, no problem.
Edited by Yakupoid on 3/11/2013 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 08:19 AMPosted by Yakupoid
they don't do that anymore. All accounts that used gamecards were upgraded to unlimited versions sometime ago. The gamecard model was eliminated and everyone has a full account now. All our battle.net were changed to MXN for some reason, but that is irrelevant, I bought HotS, no problem.

Good to know, thanks! (I knew there were gametime regions, didn't know they flattened them all to unlimited.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]