Constant freezing unbearable

I started playing WoL FFA games in anticipation for HOTS. The game would constantly lock

up,repeating any sound that was playing at the time, for anywhere from 5-10 seconds. It's

been happening even more often while playing the campaign. It's truly unbearable to the point

where I regret coming back. Is there anything that can be done to stop this so I can have a

smooth game play experience. This has never happened before.
Reply Quote
I'm having this as well. About 3-4 times per minute the video stops, the music stutters and it lasts around 5 seconds. It makes it pretty unbearable. This is in the campaign, BTW. I tried restarting computer, restarting game, turning all settings to low but no help.
Edited by Tachycardia on 3/12/2013 6:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
having the same issue, but on multiplayer which is EXTREMELY frustrating during engagements to have the entire game freeze mid-combat and lose half of your units because you can't micro anything :(

NOTE
- as suggested elsewhere i did play a game without any sound just to see if it ran any better and it actually did, but it still froze at least once. obviously this needs to be fixed and playing with no sound is incredibly boring.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
I just lowered my settings to ugly levels. Here's to hoping it helps.
Reply Quote
Note: I could play WoL with no problem back int he day at max settings.
Reply Quote
I have this same problem as well, and didn't have any problems previously in WoL until a patch or two ago. Lowering sound channels to the minimum helps but doesn't fix it. Sound card is SoundBlaster Live!.
Reply Quote
Help?
Reply Quote
Same problem here. Anyone know if it's a hardware or software issue yet?
Edited by Stigg on 3/13/2013 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think it's game related because I never had the problem before. Wish someone could help.
Reply Quote
Same issue with me as well. I notched some settings down (but not too far yet) and it hasn't seemed to help yet. It really sucks when it happens as a portrait is talking (pseudo cinematic in the game play) and I miss what they said.
Reply Quote
still having this issue
Reply Quote
Same problem
Reply Quote
if i had a dollar for every time i heard about or experienced this issue for the past 3 years, it would pay for both of starcraft 2's overpriced expansion packs
Reply Quote
still having the issue everyone? just checking. me too.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
same problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]