StarCraft® II

Fully Amateur Starcraft 2 League

I am very happy to announce a full amateur league for Starcraft 2: HotS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CTtA01uEDLU

This post serves to announce the League itself. More details will come. Feel free to ask any questions, they will all be answered!

The Discover Your Energy StarLeague aims to create a sustainable tournament focusing on developing high-level Amateurs, providing opportunity and exposure for up-and-comers, while allowing for lower-level players to compete for prizes with players of equal skill level!

Players signing up will be sorted into divisions according to their Starcraft 2 League, ensuring that they are playing against others of similar skill level. There will be prizing for the winner of every Division.

Players playing in the highest League (those ranked Masters with over 1,000 points or Grandmaster) will be the focal point of this tournament. The winner of the tournament will receive resources to play professionally for ~3 months, whereupon he will be provided with an opportunity to prove his merit by competing in an appropriate tournament (such as DreamHack Open, GSL Code A Qualifiers, or the like).

Players of lower Leagues will receive various prizes, such as coaching or gaming gear.

Details:

The first League will start by May First.
A detailed format will be released shortly, but players will be expected to play 1 bo3 series per week for about 2 months.

This League is open to any player, of any league, so long as they are Amateur. An Amateur player is one that is not salaried/have their needs covered in exchange for playing Starcraft 2.

Players may sign up by posting below, PMing me, or at the Challonge page http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/zkLky8mcJm

The next few weeks will be used to release more solid details, such as a streaming schedule and a fully explained format.

If an entire team/organization signs up, then they will receive a video spotlight/interview
Reply Quote
I would be interested in this. I was Diamond in WoL but played a ton of beta. Currently in Masters.

I look forward to hearing more about this league!
Reply Quote
Awesome, I'll put your name down and keep you up-to-date!
Reply Quote
Hey, im super interested in this tourney. however when i go to sign up at challonge page, it says its full. Any way you can get me in?
Reply Quote
This is an awesome idea! I've always wanted to start a league but the company I was with was focused on CoD and not SC, unfortunately (though they are doing quite well in CoD now haha).

I am too new to compete in it, but I can't wait to see this up and running!
Reply Quote
This looks awesome! When you say ANY league... does that include bronze league?
Reply Quote
Hey I'm very interested in this Tourney! Can you put me down since the challonge page is full? I'm about a silver league player last time I played ranked in WOL.
Reply Quote
Added everyone, and yes, every league!
Reply Quote
This sounds promising. I am only Silver in 1v1 but I would still love to give this a shot. Sign me up please :)
Reply Quote
Hey Tjej, can people still join?
Reply Quote
I'm not very good at sc2(only gold league), but I really want to improve.

If people can still join I would love to join this!

*just signed up on the website
Edited by Stargate on 4/9/2013 4:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
wait am I suppossed to sign up for the gold league on or just the main one?
Reply Quote
I like this idea. I signed up for the website, but could not sign up for the league, because it had the maximum of 256 players, it said.

So once we're in this, then what do we do?
Reply Quote
Website says max of 256 players has been reached.
I'd like to participate if it's still open.
-Plat 1v1
Reply Quote
Website says max of 256 players has been reached.
I'd like to participate if it's still open.
-Plat 1v1

Copy and paste you TSunday :)
Reply Quote
Edit: Figured it out. thanks for setting this up
Edited by DogDirt on 4/11/2013 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hello Tjej, Its full and I want to play in the league!
Reply Quote
<--- this guy is interested.
Reply Quote
If you would like someone to cast the games live, I would like to give it a try.
Reply Quote
I'd like to be entered in this league. Tried signing up but it said it was full on challonge.com. any room?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]