StarCraft® II

Making Doodads Appear Under Ground

How can i get some of the floor doodads to appear one level in the ground and have units be able to walk over them with some kind of steel mesh or glass floor? I've seen it done in other maps but can't figure out how to do it myself. Also having problems with functioning bridges. Please help.
Reply Quote
I did some research and found that I'm supposed to add campaign dependencies and terrain object doodads. I tried these out and they just stay completely buried by the terrain texture layer. I tried raising them but then they just float in the air. This is pissing me off.
Reply Quote
You also need to add a Terrain Object. (Not the doodad, the object itself - found in the terrain editing tools.)

The doodad component is just the stuff that appears underneath, and can be ignored if you want to build a custom scene under the terrain object.
Reply Quote
Oooooh, yeah. It's in the terrain tab. Just found it. Ty ty ty.
Reply Quote
Is there a way to manipulate and rotate them or are they stuck? Modify properties just has a name and no other options.
Edited by EntityEnigma on 3/11/2013 7:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Nope. Terrain Objects are static.
Reply Quote
Looks like they can be rotated in 90 degree increments but that's it. This is somewhat disappointing as it limits the map makers options with corresponding underground doodads. Sad face.
Reply Quote
Looks like they can be rotated in 90 degree increments but that's it. This is somewhat disappointing as it limits the map makers options with corresponding underground doodads. Sad face.

You could hide the terrain cells, place the doodad, and then rotate it however you want. To make it pathable, I'm fairly certain that the green "allow pathing" brush should let units walk over.
Reply Quote
So I had this exact question and thankfully found this thread. However, I've run into another problem.
In the Terrain Tab > Terrain Objects panel, I see the relevant buttons and the lists, like sorting through Doodads. However, for all fields, in all categories (All Climates, All terrain types) there is just nothing. No Terrain objects to place. Nothing is listed whatsoever.

Am I missing something here? I was under the impression that Terrain Objects are placed like static doodads taken from the list, listing all of the objects available for that Terrain type (example, Port Zion).
Im fine with them not being able to be fully rotated or anything like that, but at the moment, my list of 'Terrain Objects' seems to be devoid of anything whatsoever.

Typing anything in the search bar also yields nothing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]