Monitor goes black

I have the same issue with GTX 670. I've been playing starcraft for awhile and it didn't start until 2 months ago. I tried reverting to older nvidia drivers but the issue persist. I've been racking up losses ladder games because of this issue.

I play a few other games regularly like skyrim, chivalry, etc and this only happens with SC2. At this point I'm considering reformatting.
Reply Quote
Hi guys,

I have the same issue, although it happens rarely. When it does the nVidia GPU is turning off. I know that because I have the GPUz open at the same time. Now the question is: does a buggy nvidia driver of a faulty laptop hardware turns off the GPU and as a result sc2 goes into a black screen? OR a bug in sc2 makes the game to go into a black screen and thus the GPU is stopped?

My laptop has two GPUs ofc. One Nvidia and one integrated (on Intel haswell).
Reply Quote
I have the same issue too and using an nVidia GPU... I can use the windows key or alt tab to minimize SCII when it happen but even if i try to maximize it, the screen is still black. I don't think it's a problem with the video card itself or the driver, I think the problem is with Starcraft 2 because I play other games and it never happen, also, I have notice that before I reformat my PC and install Windows 8.1 I never had that issue.
Are you guys that have the issue running Windows 8/8.1 ?????
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 11:48 AMPosted by Logisex
I have the same issue too and using an nVidia GPU... I can use the windows key or alt tab to minimize SCII when it happen but even if i try to maximize it, the screen is still black. I don't think it's a problem with the video card itself or the driver, I think the problem is with Starcraft 2 because I play other games and it never happen, also, I have notice that before I reformat my PC and install Windows 8.1 I never had that issue.

I used to have it. But it has worked without a problem since i deleted the battle.net client and run sc2 the old fashion way.
Reply Quote
Hello everyone, i had the same problems and i found a solution for me.
I have a Geforce card and with DDU i uninstal all graphic driver :
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/wagnard-tools-ddu-gmp-tdr-manupulator-updated-07-10-14-/
Reboot and launch Geforce experience, udptade too the last version and all work good now.

Thanks and hope that will work for you too.
Reply Quote
This is indeed fkn terrible. i come back after 5 months ( give or take) sitting down with my coffe to enjoy a little campaign action and after nearly completing it.....BLACK DEATH. Personally i think it is Win 8. I have sufficient resources and need no updates, resolution is fine. Seriously though a big WTF! I will try what you guy have said and repost, but i highly doubt there is a "Cure" .

-Elv out.
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 11:48 AMPosted by Logisex

I agree, win 8 can suck a big one. What a joke, perhaps they forgot to mention only install if you have a crappy HP with touchscreen, or any touch for that matter. Terrible!!!
Reply Quote
  • 1- Tried running it by going to the folder and running as admin as well....game stalled 1min in. Next...
    -...will post with all hypothesis and solutions....
  • I have just turned off Shadow Play via Nvidia, we'll see what happens.

• 2-( Shadow play off) Switched to windowed mode and now playing on different monitor (Acer 24")
    - So far so good. 10 minutes in.
  • UPDATE
    2hrs later and still fine. I'm guessing The Nvidia Shadow-play, windowed mode or the switch over to my Acer from the Sony 24" 3d tv ( Package deal with glasses and mind-storm game).

Changing to Full-screen mode now....TBA
    Edited by Elvenator on 7/26/2014 2:08 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Frustration arise... 3 times today, in 6 games, the screen went black and I could'nt do anything.
    Come on Blizzard, do something.

We see all kind of tricks out on the web and in this forum, but none seems to be the good one.
    - SC2Switcher.exe - did not work
    - Close Battle.net account after game lauched - did not work
    - Firefox close - still random black screen

Can you fixed that incredbly irritant bug ? It kills me (yeah, litteraly) when the in the heat of the game I lose control and everything. If you can't fix it, tell me and I'll just leave the game.

Yes I run my computer with an Nvidia graphic card... Is it really the card the problem ?

Again Blizzard, do something good about this situation.
    Edited by Couts on 8/31/2014 2:17 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Same problem. I can hear the sound in the back.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Launch the game using the battle.net app.
    2) MATCHMAKING
    3) VS A.I.
    4) Select mode 1 VA.I. and pick Protos

First match was ok, then, at match 2/3 the problem happens every time after 2 secs aprox. I tried 5 times, first the image freezes and if you try to alt+tab then it goes black.

SC 2 Wings of Liberty (no upgrade). Win 8.1, GTX 675 M

PLEASE FIX IT!!!
    Edited by Exocet on 9/14/2014 8:12 PM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]