Rushed ending?

Is it just me or does the story just kinda flop after rescuing Jim? It seems like most of the character development was thrown out the window and rushed to finish the game after that point, even though the ending cinematic was leaked 3 years ago. The only little bit between saving Jim and the end was about 30 seconds of dialogue it felt like...
Edited by BottledNerd on 3/12/2013 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think it's funny that the "supposed" ending for HOTS leaked probably about a year or so ago now was the actual ending of the game. Regardless, I agree it was brief. But I think that was intentional as LOV will be the ultimate finally.
Edited by Matt on 3/12/2013 10:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hopefully, they keep better Jim and Sarah moments in the protoss campain. Dunno how that will work, but Zeratul is kinda the obvious choice to follow for it and he's got em both on the *safe* side....
Reply Quote
I think they did want to give you the feeling of "rushing"

Kerrigan is pretty much at the peak of her rage. Also, we have kerrigan's setup which was to destroy mengsks's reinforcements from outside worlds.
Reply Quote
06/30/2013 10:22 PMPosted by Caldor
Hopefully, they keep better Jim and Sarah moments in the protoss campain. Dunno how that will work, but Zeratul is kinda the obvious choice to follow for it and he's got em both on the *safe* side....

Yeah Blizzard better not completely brush their situation aside in LotV and say "Oh this game is all about the Protoss, so we can ignore the open ended situation at the end of HotS."
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure that is exactly what is going to happen rag. Either that or they will only touch upon it for a few seconds during the end.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 03:22 PMPosted by Brathearon
I'm pretty sure that is exactly what is going to happen rag. Either that or they will only touch upon it for a few seconds during the end.

Well that can be address at Blizzcon 2013, I hope.
Reply Quote
"Rushed" suggests the campaign feels incomplete. However, the final confrontation with Arcturus was an appropriate climax and there wasn't much left to address anyway.

Reign of Chaos' mistake was to not end at its climax - specifically the Orc campaign; the Night Elf campaign should have been saved for the expansion.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 7/1/2013 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 05:27 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
"Rushed" suggests the campaign feels incomplete. Truth be told though, I honestly don't see what else they could have done with Heart of the Swarm.

They could have made it so the whole game was only Kerrigan's daydream, though that would have upset too many fans.
Reply Quote
Meh. Not rushed. Just felt the ending came so quickly for me.
Reply Quote
The final battle on Korhal was fine lengthwise...it was everything before it that came off unbelievably rushed. Hell , Kerrigan traveled to Zerus within a day and back. Doesn't get anymore rushed then that. :/
Edited by Retloclive on 7/1/2013 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 07:55 PMPosted by UltraNoob
Meh. Not rushed. Just felt the ending came so quickly for me.

Yeah, it's a shame that LotV will be 20 missions long. To me, if Blizzard's claim of "everything has to make sense" in the end, I don't see that possible unless LotV is at least 80 missions long.
Reply Quote
Is it confirmed that LotV is only going to be 20 missions long? (Not including possible mini missions similar to HotS's evolution chamber)
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Retloclive
Is it confirmed that LotV is only going to be 20 missions long? (Not including possible mini missions similar to HotS's evolution chamber)

As of this moment it's 20 missions long, we don't know if that'll change.

Hell, when HotS BETA was released, we still had no clue if it was going to be EXACTLY 20 missions long or not. Blizzard at that time only said ABOUT 20 missions.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 09:35 PMPosted by ragnarok
Yeah, it's a shame that LotV will be 20 missions long. To me, if Blizzard's claim of "everything has to make sense" in the end, I don't see that possible unless LotV is at least 80 missions long.

20 missions are more than enough for the Protoss to defeat Amon.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 03:14 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf

You're assuming Zeratul can unite them that quickly. It's not going to be THAT easy...
Reply Quote
Defeating Mengsk should not have been a 3 mission ordeal and "the toughest fight of our lives". We did the same thing against the UED on Korhal and it took us one mission. And they were a much tougher opponent.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 04:32 PMPosted by ragnarok
You're assuming Zeratul can unite them that quickly. It's not going to be THAT easy...

Sure, but 80 missions? Even Arcturus managed to unite the Terrans in less than 10.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 7/2/2013 5:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 03:14 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf

20 missions of the Protoss uniting, and eventually allying with Kerrigan and Raynor to have the three races face off against Archimo-i mean Amon.

...yawn
Edited by Retloclive on 7/2/2013 5:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]