StarCraft® II

Rushed ending?

I don't really think the protoss (specifically zeratul that we are controlling) cares about where she came from. He knows there are evil people even within the dark templar.

Dark Templar antagonists could be interesting storywise, as we have yet to have some in a main campaign, but the chances of that happening gameplaywise are slim, as cloaked units have been a rarity in SC2 campaigns.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 7/3/2013 3:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I realize that there will not be any cloaked antagonists in LotV. I was just saying that zeratul (the character we follow) would not blame an entire race (the terrans) for the actions of one (kerrigan).
Reply Quote
Well, duh. He didn't even seem to hold a grudge against the Khalai. Zeratul may have been inconsistently written throughout the years, but at least Blizzard managed to remain coherent when it comes to his general lack of prejudices.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 06:21 PMPosted by Brathearon
I realize that there will not be any cloaked antagonists in LotV. I was just saying that zeratul (the character we follow) would not blame an entire race (the terrans) for the actions of one (kerrigan).

True, but others may not see it that way. After what happened to Raszagal, the other Protoss may consider that Kerrigan did similarly to Zeratul.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 07:01 PMPosted by ragnarok

True, but others may not see it that way. After what happened to Raszagal, the other Protoss may consider that Kerrigan did similarly to Zeratul.

But we wont control those protoss, so any conflict like that might happen off screen, or we may fight the protoss attempting to kill the terrans, if it happens at all.

I dont recall any major conflict happening so far, so i dont see why thye would start now.
Reply Quote
07/04/2013 06:56 AMPosted by Brathearon

But we wont control those protoss, so any conflict like that might happen off screen, or we may fight the protoss attempting to kill the terrans, if it happens at all.

I dont recall any major conflict happening so far, so i dont see why thye would start now.

Maybe, but Blizzard DID say the Protoss society is on the verge of collapse because the Khalai and Dark Templar can't seem to get along.
Reply Quote
I was talking about any conflict between the terran and protoss =).
Reply Quote
07/04/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Brathearon
I was talking about any conflict between the terran and protoss =).

Well the Protoss DID sense the terrans have a serious greed and power lust problem...
Reply Quote
Just from a gameplay perspective, Protoss will doubtless fight some zerg and other protoss and likely humans too. There's also the Protoss worshiping Amon, so that'll be interesting. They've got to have a leader.

I have to admit, HotS felt less complex and interesting than WoL. Thing is, HotS had very little lore in it. The only bit we got was the origins of the Zerg. I think that for the Kerrigan storyline, the only things you can really play with before the ending battle are Raynor and her revenge against Mengsk. Neither allow for a lot of interesting plot.
Reply Quote
Just from a gameplay perspective, Protoss will doubtless fight some zerg and other protoss and likely humans too. There's also the Protoss worshiping Amon, so that'll be interesting. They've got to have a leader.

I have to admit, HotS felt less complex and interesting than WoL. Thing is, HotS had very little lore in it. The only bit we got was the origins of the Zerg. I think that for the Kerrigan storyline, the only things you can really play with before the ending battle are Raynor and her revenge against Mengsk. Neither allow for a lot of interesting plot.

Well HotS was more focused. Kerrigan didn't care about the prophecy, it was only about revenge, which was the only reason why she agreed to go to Zerus as Zeratul asked.

In comparison, Raynor was relatively lost in WoL among saving people from the Zerg invasion, his rebellion against Mengsk, and dealing with Kerrigan. It wasn't until Valerian offered him the alliance for the Char invasion that his goals became focused.
Reply Quote
The whole campaign seems really rushed.
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 09:18 AMPosted by Streetguru
The whole campaign seems really rushed.

Yeah the revenge part to me should have been only HALF the campaign, they should have devoted the other half to the starting points in dealing with Amon.
Reply Quote
Exactly. The fact we faced the Dominion so much here for the second time left so little room for everyone else. I actually expected the "leaked ending" to occur in the middle and HotS to have a different primary enemy from that point on.
Reply Quote
07/15/2013 07:11 AMPosted by UltraNoob
Exactly. The fact we faced the Dominion so much here for the second time left so little room for everyone else. I actually expected the "leaked ending" to occur in the middle and HotS to have a different primary enemy from that point on.

Not me. Remember, over the course of WoL, even AFTER Zeratul told Raynor about the prophecy and everything, he didn't seem to care too much about that. The only part he cared about was saving Kerrigan.

And as such, Raynor didn't understand that when Zeratul contacted him back then, it was NOT about getting the two of them back together.

In a similar situation, for most of HotS, Kerrigan didn't care about the threat Amon posed, especially since she and Zurvan discussed it on Zerus, where Kerrigan concluded that Amon must have passed away before she was infested.

It was only after Narud's death that Kerrigan finally saw that the threat posed by Amon couldn't be ignored any longer, which was why she told Izsha she'd make plan to deal with him once Mengsk was dealt with.
Reply Quote
Even if Jim/Kerrigan in LoV is only fleeting I'd be happy... I need closure!
Reply Quote
07/21/2013 05:03 PMPosted by CptCrunch
Even if Jim/Kerrigan in LoV is only fleeting I'd be happy... I need closure!

Same here, if Blizzard brushes them aside, I'd be very pissed. I refuse to believe the HotS ending was the closure.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]