StarCraft® II

WERE DID POLITICAL INTRIGUE GO? PROPHECYS ?!?

You hear that? That the sound of some one realizing sc1 was not the Hemingway they remembered.
Reply Quote
"When you actually play the game, beat it, realize the story line in said game, and most of all - matter, you will then be allowed to respond to me. Until then, you have no idea what you are babbling about because you have no idea what content is being discussed."

When you gain enough brainpower to realize that I can you know.. search ALL of the elements of the game on youtube, then you'll be able to make snide remarks to me.

but until then keep your snide arrogance to yourself, kid, "I ain't got time for that" sh17.

"Oh and a side note, you are really, REALLY going to compare an automated space station to a creature and use that as your example to define what can and cannot be used to load troops? Thanks for that laugh. Now run along and play the game, then I will give you permission to have an opinion. Shoo shoo....you're still here?"

you said nothing but fluff and pointless arrogance, learn how to argue, perhaps then you may not be an embarrasment to society.

Remember, you obey me not the other way around.

I'll be seein' you.

Says the guy who still hasn't even played one mission of the game yet knows all about it. It simply doesn't get anymore pathetic.
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 10:45 AMPosted by StratosTygo

Daggoth and Zasz (cerebrates) argued incessantly.

If I recall correctly, the Overmind becomes so frustrated with Zasz that eventually the Overmind elects NOT to resurrect Zasz (normally the Overmind rebuilds his cerebrates whenever they die), deeming Zasz to be a worthless failure.

He couldn't resurrect him because the link was broken via Zeratul.

Did you read about that one too?
Reply Quote
"When you actually play the game, beat it, realize the story line in said game, and most of all - matter, you will then be allowed to respond to me. Until then, you have no idea what you are babbling about because you have no idea what content is being discussed."

When you gain enough brainpower to realize that I can you know.. search ALL of the elements of the game on youtube, then you'll be able to make snide remarks to me.

but until then keep your snide arrogance to yourself, kid, "I ain't got time for that" sh17.

"Oh and a side note, you are really, REALLY going to compare an automated space station to a creature and use that as your example to define what can and cannot be used to load troops? Thanks for that laugh. Now run along and play the game, then I will give you permission to have an opinion. Shoo shoo....you're still here?"

you said nothing but fluff and pointless arrogance, learn how to argue, perhaps then you may not be an embarrasment to society.

Remember, you obey me not the other way around.

I'll be seein' you.

Says the guy who still hasn't even played one mission of the game yet knows all about it. It simply doesn't get anymore pathetic.

Says the projector that can't do anything other than rather cheap overused insults.

I know more about this entire series then you do about your own hand.

He couldn't resurrect him because the link was broken via Zeratul.

That's was from SC1 from which I first played on the N64 13 years ago.

Nice Try! :D
Edited by StratosTygo on 3/21/2013 2:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Says the projector that can't do anything other than rather cheap overused insults.

I know more about this entire series then you do about your own hand.

That's was from SC1 from which I first played on the N64 13 years ago.

Nice Try! :D

There is nothing cheap about it, it is fact. You yourself said you haven't played the game.
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 10:39 AMPosted by Gergall
there was politics in the zerg campaign in sc1... overmind/kerrigan...alliances with terrans...

Daggoth and Zasz (cerebrates) argued incessantly.

If I recall correctly, the Overmind becomes so frustrated with Zasz that eventually the Overmind elects NOT to resurrect Zasz (normally the Overmind rebuilds his cerebrates whenever they die), deeming Zasz to be a worthless failure.

Actually, none of that happened. Zasz disagreed with several of Kerrigan's decisions, deeming them to be too hot-headed and not running in line with the Overmind's wishes/the Swarm's best interests. The Overmind didn't resurrect Zasz because it couldn't, courtesy of Zeratul.

There is nothing cheap about it, it is fact. You yourself said you haven't played the game.

You realise there's absolutely no difference between playing the game yourself and watching someone else play it in regards to understanding the plot, story etc.? The only change is that someone else is manning the mouse and keyboard.
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Horebane
there was politics in the zerg campaign in sc1... overmind/kerrigan...alliances with terrans...

When did the overmind ever team up with terrans? The overmind campaign all 10 maps dealt with killing terrans and protoss. There was nothing political about it. All 10 campaign maps.

The original Overmind never did, but in the Brood War campaign, the new overmind was being controlled by the psi disruptor by the UED so some of the zerg were allied with the new overmind and the UED. Kerrigan also allies with both the Protoss and the Terran in the Brood War campaign before betraying both of them so there's quite a bit of intrigue. The first half of the original campaign didn't directly deal with just fighting Terrans and Protoss, but it dealt with the birth of Infested Kerrigan and both Terrans and Protoss posed a threat to the safe delivery of the Chrysalis. Afterwards, the campaign became the growth of Kerrigan's powers as well as the invasion of Aiur. However, Vanilla Terran and Protoss campaigns had plenty of political intrigue involved (plight of the Dark Templars and Tassadar's alliance with Zeratul and his subsequent ostracizing, the rise of Mengsk and the alliance with Edmund Duke and ultimately the acquisition of the psi disruptor and Raynor's opposition to its usage etc.).

Brood War Zerg campaign, on the other hand, had probably one of the most interesting campaigns in the series in terms of the storyline. It basically saw Kerrigan go from an agent of the old Overmind that was ultimately subservient to the sole ruler of the Swarm in perhaps one of the best written campaigns ever. In the campaign, she backstabs Fenix and Edmund Duke, defeating the UED, Dominion, and Artanis's fleet on an orbital platform above Char, after pretending to play along as the lesser of two evils for most of the Protoss campaign and a good portion of the zerg campaign. All three campaigns in BW had plenty of political maneuvering (such as Raynor saving Mengsk with the aid of Artanis from Dugalle or the unlikely alliance with Kerrigan because of the perceived threat of the UED and its mindcontrolled Overmind or the standoff between Dugalle and Stukov). Brood War was like the Empire Strikes back of Starcraft, it had a much darker ending, much darker feel in general, and had one of the best storylines in video game history.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]