Saving my progress in Custom games?

I just got a question, how do I save my progress against the AI, in custom games, the save option comes up when I am doing the campaign mode, but not when I am doing custom games against the AI, I know the games aren't that long, but still it would help.
Reply Quote
If you're talking about melee matches against the AI through the "Custom Maps" menu, you can set the match to be in "Offline mode." When you're picking a map to play on, right click on whichever one you want to play, and pick "play in offline mode" (or however it's worded).

If by custom games you mean actual custom content, the stuff that you access through the Arcade menu, then you're just plain out of luck. As far as I know (and I haven't found anything to the suggest otherwise), you simply cannot do true, campaign-style* offline with maps in the Arcade. Actually, I should say that you cannot do this kind of offline play any more, because up until the 1.5 Arcade patch, you absolutely could.

Maybe I'm mistaken about all this, and I hope I am, but I think this kind of removal of very significant functionality is a huge bummer.

*Campaign-style meaning that bringing up menus would pause the game, you could use the single player cheat codes, and most importantly, you could save/load your progress
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]