StarCraft® II

Blizzard needs to add Archives to WoL

After finishing Hots, and having the ease of going back and playing any mission out of order, I felt weird that blizz didnt do that. It's like I have to keep a save file around to load anytime I want to replay cinematics now that I've finished the game.
Reply Quote
I still do not know what the Master Archive is. Can you explain it? How does Evo/Skills/Kerrigan levels work?
Reply Quote
I agree wholeheartedly.
Reply Quote
I still do not know what the Master Archive is. Can you explain it? How does Evo/Skills/Kerrigan levels work?

There's a mission replay machine INSIDE the Hyperion, but you have to load the game and then click that, then load the mission. The master archive allows you to play missions without loading first (I think). I'm not sure how Kerrigan's stats and evolutions work though, I'd be interested in knowing.
Reply Quote
03/14/2013 04:16 PMPosted by Jman

There's a mission replay machine INSIDE the Hyperion, but you have to load the game and then click that, then load the mission. The master archive allows you to play missions without loading first (I think). I'm not sure how Kerrigan's stats and evolutions work though, I'd be interested in knowing.

You get to choose what upgrades you want before starting each mission. This includes all unit mutations, all unit upgrades (you aren't locked into what you chose for the campaign) and all kerrigan powers. You even get upgrades and units that you didn't have for the first playthrough.

They really need to add this for Wings of Liberty.
Reply Quote
I've finished all Wings of Liberty achievements long time ago. They don't need Master Archives and they're not as hard as finishing the Mastery achievements in Heart of the Swarm. After spending hours of finishing every mastery achievement without going further the next missions to avoid the upgrades from Master's Archives, I give up. You do need all the unit and Kerrigan upgrades for the Mastery Achievements. Lucky if you finished some of them. But some missions are really impossible. I suggest finishing the campaign first then use the archives later to finish the mastery achievements.
Reply Quote
support
Reply Quote
+1

For someone who really enjoys the campaign missions (playing them and not just getting the achievements), the ability to go back and change what your permanent upgrades are for that particular mission is a must-have. Seriously, I can't be the only one who finished WoL a second time without buying ANY upgrades just so the cash would be available to redo any mission with any set of upgrades.

The convenience factor of the Master Archives is simply awesome.
Reply Quote
In the meantime, you can always use the "whysoserious" cheat to get 5,000,000,000 credits.

Granted, it disables achievements, but it's better than nothing.
Reply Quote
This would be a good feature add.

Re the exact definition of the master archive, I don't think I've quite worked out if it opens up all upgrades you could *possibly* have unlocked by that point, or only in your campaign order. I'm pretty sure it's the former ... but if it is the latter, that would be rather hard work given the complexity of WoL's madly optional chronology. But, still very cool.
Reply Quote
+1 Please do this Blizzard!
Reply Quote
+1!
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
Yes, please!

Master Archives for Wings of Liberty would be a great incentive to go back to try and get the achievements.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]