StarCraft® II

Low fps with powerful computer. HOTS expac.

(Locked)

I have already posted this as a reply to another thread but I felt that this needed a thread of its own since hopefully I can get the attention of others who might be having the same issues as me.

*specs
i7 3820 3.6ghz quad core.
680 gtx ftw (4gig).
32 gigs of ram at 1600~ mhz.
This game lags a lot. like choppy water on a lake on a windy day. I'm able to run crysis 3 maxed at a stable 60 fps on any level in or out of combat. This game is capping me at 15 fps on extreme and 25 fps on high settings.
Would really love for some insight as to what I can do to make this game run effectively.
I'm having the same problem. I'm running a mid level Laptop, it starts fine and then the FPS just drop once in game. It should be able to handle at least medium (I was playing WoL on high/ultra with 30-45fps just fine. Now on lowest I'll have 4 fps in 2v2s.

I've just reset my laptop to factory defaults. Fresh installs of drivers, tried beta drivers as well. None of it help.

I have a Gateway Laptop with I7-2670QM (2.2 Ghz)
8gb DDR3 Ram
GT 630M 1GB Graphics card
Edited by AlphaPlague on 3/13/2013 9:36 PM PDT
Same problem here, I would really like to know what is going on or what to do. I used to play WoL on ultra always consistent 60 fps but every since the patch came out that updated the UI and HotS came out I cant play campaign or anything at a good framerate, I have a good computer but I play campaign missions and drop into the 15-40 fps range on high settings.
Same here as well. Seems pretty universal for most folks and so far blizzard seems to ignore the issue and are not replying to anyone talking about it and blatantly ignoring the issue
same here yesterday was fine but after patch i getting low fps and some time screen frozen for a few second.

Ultra setting with AA
iMac Late 2012 Windows 7 64bit
i7-3370
Ram 16BG
GTX 680MX
Yep. 80FPS on 4v4 in WOL extreme, now 15 fps campaign HOTS highs.
Same problem for almost 2 weeks now. WoL on Extreme with 55-60 fps. HotS on Medium with 20-45 fps. The funny thing is that Blizzard has even stated that the hardware requirements have barely changed and that the only new graphics are some new rag doll/ physics effects. Sorry Blizzard but this simply doesn't make sense.
Edited by Tombo on 3/14/2013 3:02 AM PDT
Similar problem here, went from having 55-60 fps on Ultra for even the most demanding of maps, IE korean defense (swarm) & marine arena 2 (invasion) without a hitch up until installing the patches that were released a few weeks ago in preperation for HOTS.

Now I'm frequently seeing a drop in FPS using the same settings to low as 20 fps on the above maps & also in extremely low action maps/campaign missions like lab rat in HOTS, dropping to around 30 fps because there's some lighting effects going on..... come on. :-/

Performance has really turned to !@#$, lets get a fix asap please Blizzard as it's become a major deterrent to playing SC2.

Specs:

GPU: 2 x ATI 7950 GPU's in Xfire
RAM: 16 GB
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4Ghz OC @ 4.5Ghz
HDD: 128 GB SSD for OS & Starcraft 2
Mobo: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
Edited by Wamp on 3/14/2013 4:07 AM PDT
same here, with GTX 680 and Core I7 2700K 4.6GHZ, wol have performance issue but not as bad as HOTS, campaign isn't smooth and 4v4 is a mess late game, fps it too low 20-30. that is NOT something that should be happen on this machine, specially when all other games work perfect.
Intel Q9550
8GB RAM
GeForce 670

I'm seeing drops in certain maps down to 12-15FPS as well.
I am having the same problem...

Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i5 cpu @ 3.33 GHz (4 CPUS)
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
DirectX 11
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS 2 GB of memory
I've had the problem since 2.04 in WoL. I used to run Extreme with 60fps no problem.

Now after about 10-15 mins into a game the fps drops down to 3-9 fps. (This has also happened, even on Medium settings)

Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090 @ 3.2 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 570
It is weird, nothing said about it at all.

The majority of us seem to have Nvidia Cards, but that's about the only thing in common.

I wonder if they'll actually notice and say something. Kind of sucks to not be able to ladder because of a badly designed graphics engine.
Same, had 4FPS the other night, not sure what the deal is. I am recommended for extreme settings and have never had issues before, or with other recent games.
It's got to be something on their side. I can run most games on this laptop just fine. I should be high with a good stable 30 (I could run the old WoL pre patch on ultra at 30)...but now...damn near unplayable. Hope they get off their asses and do something soon.
Same problem game in campaign gets unplayable at 6-7 FPS

Specs:
Intel 950 @ 4GHZ
6GB ram (3x2)
Geforce 680 GTX Newest drivers
Samsung 840 SSD 128GB

So annoying I never really had this problem with WOL

Also i use Asus GPU monitor and I can see my videocard is not actually being used GPU usage very low at the point when i get low fps
Edited by JDeathmetal on 3/14/2013 10:34 AM PDT
Go into options and turn the "Shadders" down, that'll get you back to a higher FPS. I understand that a lot of you have high end cards but for some reason when Shadders are turned all the way up it kicks every card in the balls. You'll be able to max out everything else I promise as this fixed my issues.
I'm having the exact same problem here. Runs very fine, then BAM! Mega framerate drop down to the single digit FPS.

Specs:
Intel Core I7 3820 Quad Core w/ hyperthreading@ 3.6Ghz (3.8Ghz turbo mode)
RAM - 24GB
OS - Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
Graphics Card - AMD Radeon 7970 with 3GB of Video Memory

So it's not just the Nvidia folks suffering:/
Go into options and turn the "Shadders" down, that'll get you back to a higher FPS. I understand that a lot of you have high end cards but for some reason when Shadders are turned all the way up it kicks every card in the balls. You'll be able to max out everything else I promise as this fixed my issues.

I tried to look in turning shadows off etc. I guess this is different? I'm not home now but if there is a shadders bar I'll turn that down and see if that helps. (though I should be able to run it without worrying, but I dont really care about stuff like shadding).
03/14/2013 11:37 AMPosted by FreshwaterAU

I tried to look in turning shadows off etc. I guess this is different? I'm not home now but if there is a shadders bar I'll turn that down and see if that helps. (though I should be able to run it without worrying, but I dont really care about stuff like shadding).

Yes, Shadows are 2 slots below Shaders, they are different. I agree with you 100% that you shouldn't have to turn it down, but for some reason it's causing a lot of issues. I spent about an hour yesterday trying to figure out why I was dropping to 10 fps and the shaders were the issue. There isn't a bar per say, it's a box called Shaders right above Lighting that allows you to select low/medium/high/ultra. I had to turn mine to medium and everything else was maxed out without issue running stable at 40 fps.

Just let me know tonight if this helps you like it did for me.
Edited by Nobueno on 3/14/2013 12:10 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]