StarCraft® II

Toss

My win rate against Terran is 86% that's pretty good, zerg 60% that's alright, and protoss 29%, I'm trying to get to diamond from plat if I didn't have to fight protoss I'd be able to.

Does anyone have any good aggressive builds for hots?
Reply Quote
go with a nasty stim timing.

- supply depo
- rax
- 1 gas ASAP while producing scv's (3 scv's on gas obviously)
- orbital and rine at same time
- supply depot
- second rax
- 1 more rine, then immediately throw down at tech lab on first rax
- start training rauders from first rax and start stim as soon as tech lab is done
- as soon as second rax finishes, throw a reactor on it
- supply depot, etc.

*keep building rines and rauders. you should have 4-5 rauders and 6-8 rines when stim finishes. plow up his ramp and stim micro the original engagement. should hit at around 7-8 minutes and unless he catches you with ff's he will almost always lose

plus, you should have enough extra money with the 2rax to end up throwing down an expansion right as you hit. cap second gas and throw down a factory right afterwards. tech to vacs and get remaining upgrades from tech lab. once on 2 base throw down extra 2 or 3 rax's appropriately if he managed to survive
Reply Quote
i used this build in Wings. its not as good in HotS though for some reason... i think adding a few mid game widow mines from extra factory might help, idk yet though. working on it currently. i just seem to always get caught off guard by something in HotS, dont know the new units well enough
Reply Quote
1 base builds are really hard in hots, because of the stupid photon overcharge that holds early aggression.

I personally go for a 1 rax fe, but build the 2nd supply depot early to deny scouting, and then just go for a standard 10 minute stim timing.

Everyone is expecting these widow mines, reapers, mech, etc. When they cant scout theres a good chance they will delay their expo, and assume its widow mines or something along those lines (like everyone seems to be doing).

And yes the problem with his ^^ build in hots, is of course photon overcharge, as well as if they open stargate and get an oracle, it will kill at least 5-6 marines on its own.
Edited by KillerBunny on 3/15/2013 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yea. thats a huge problem ive been having. you gotta watch for the oracle and turret like a !@#$% cause if he goes oracle, your in for a rough game
Reply Quote
ppl lose to protoss cause they slip in macro.... cause protoss macro is pretty easy, so you pretty much get out macro'd and lose...i suggest u look at your replay and see the supply as he atks, see what u can do better

watch out for those proxy stargate, i always scout for those against protoss, because if you do, you prob win
Edited by iChobo on 3/15/2013 3:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well I got diamond after facing a bunch of noob diamond terrans lol :D

Yeah the one base timing builds just don't work because his nexus is essentially a pf with mega range.

I want to try mech style, but I always get owned by immortals and getting caught out of position etc, maybe I'll try a mech/starport late game strategy
Edited by Noctix on 3/15/2013 3:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
you know what you do against that toss PF? u back away till it goes away....then hit again....(while u wait you have streaming units)

remember early game terran still has the upper hand

bio > gateway units still

and please scout after your rax is done....i see these ppl saying "scouting is pointless" that is just stupid....

you scout to see double gas, you know something big is coming...

if u see a expansion you know u can safely expand too or be aggressive...
Edited by iChobo on 3/15/2013 3:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I like to go mech.
Reply Quote
I like to go mech.

That's why you're gold lol.

I've only lost to early pressure once from a protoss. He did a proxy gateway and blocked my wall off with a pylon and got zealots in.

I was so pissed
Reply Quote
i like to use a similar 2 rax timing mentioned earlier, except i build a factory before my 2nd rax. a proxy factory that floats into his base and makes mines, whether he sees it or not. tech lab the rax after 3 marines. start stim with first 100 gas. build mine. reactor the 2nd rax with next 50. build starport on 100 gas. make marauders and marines and medics while you do waht you can with mine. then instead of pushing with just mm on stim, push on 3 medics few minutes later with a ton more units. expand or pull scvs. love that buil.
Reply Quote
you know what you do against that toss PF? u back away till it goes away....then hit again....(while u wait you have streaming units)

remember early game terran still has the upper hand

bio > gateway units still

and please scout after your rax is done....i see these ppl saying "scouting is pointless" that is just stupid....

you scout to see double gas, you know something big is coming...

if u see a expansion you know u can safely expand too or be aggressive...

hey there.

when I scout double gas, this is exactly what I assume. something big has to coming. It can be any of the following:

- stargate(whether proxied or not)
- DT's
- stalker + mcore rush

So I hide an scv behind his expo mineral line, trying to see if he expos by the 5 minute mark. But many times they're smart and check that area, take out my scv...and well...

So I prepare for what must be an early attack coming. I've got a turret up, bunkers, and a decent standing army...and nothing shows up. I go check, and feel like the biggest fool.

It was just a sentry expand. Wow.
Reply Quote
go with a nasty stim timing.

- supply depo
- rax
- 1 gas ASAP while producing scv's (3 scv's on gas obviously)
- orbital and rine at same time
- supply depot
- second rax
- 1 more rine, then immediately throw down at tech lab on first rax
- start training rauders from first rax and start stim as soon as tech lab is done
- as soon as second rax finishes, throw a reactor on it
- supply depot, etc.

*keep building rines and rauders. you should have 4-5 rauders and 6-8 rines when stim finishes. plow up his ramp and stim micro the original engagement. should hit at around 7-8 minutes and unless he catches you with ff's he will almost always lose

plus, you should have enough extra money with the 2rax to end up throwing down an expansion right as you hit. cap second gas and throw down a factory right afterwards. tech to vacs and get remaining upgrades from tech lab. once on 2 base throw down extra 2 or 3 rax's appropriately if he managed to survive

I can never get this build to work. Even when the toss goes 1 gateway expand. I do some damage and toss just counters with a bigger army having 4-6 gates. 3-4 rax cant keep up with the production.
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 04:14 PMPosted by Noctix
I like to go mech.

I've only lost to early pressure once from a protoss. He did a proxy gateway and blocked my wall off with a pylon and got zealots in.

I was so pissed
No, I'm diamond. Been going mech aginst toss sence WoL and worked out fine. Even verse masters.
Reply Quote
then your hitting wayy too late. he'll have about the same size army as you, but a stim bio rush with microing away from the zelots will win every time unless hes got insane micro. Note: they tend to pull all probes to D the attack. just stutter step. This is irrelevant and you'll lose the attack but as long as you got your expo down and kept building scv's you'll be wayyy ahead. the point is that its damn near impossible for them to trade evenly against it at that early stage of the game. However two things can prove problematic. Lots of FF's or some kind of nasty immortal rush can sometimes nullify the attack a bit. like i said, its all about your judgement. if he's hemmed in on 1 base, chill at his expo location and keep denying it lol
Edited by TheDominion on 3/15/2013 6:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Skylar

I was so pissed
No, I'm diamond. Been going mech aginst toss sence WoL and worked out fine. Even verse masters.

My mistake I was looking at your current league
Reply Quote
dominion was your reply to me? it isnt way too late. in beta i had >80% win rate in tvp using only this. the build your talking about isnt reliable for me because of forcefield.
Reply Quote
dominion was your reply to me? it isnt way too late. in beta i had >80% win rate in tvp using only this. the build your talking about isnt reliable for me because of forcefield.

no, it was to sunnyice, sorry i should have made that more clear
Reply Quote

My mistake I was looking at your current league
My current league is now diamond :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]