StarCraft® II

brutal too easy

I think one of the things people may be overlooking is that for most of us, SC2 was a pretty new experience when you played the campaign on WOL. I remember seeing my missile turrets shoot at a Colossus and thinking "Wtf is going on here? My missile turrets and tanks both attack the same dude?" The novelty factor meant that we were not as familiar with game mechanics, good unit combos, etc. By the time HOTS came out, most of us had spent countless hours learning the ins and outs of the game. If HOTS had been the first part of SC2 released, it likely would have seemed significantly harder.
Reply Quote
I think one of the things people may be overlooking is that for most of us, SC2 was a pretty new experience when you played the campaign on WOL. I remember seeing my missile turrets shoot at a Colossus and thinking "Wtf is going on here? My missile turrets and tanks both attack the same dude?" The novelty factor meant that we were not as familiar with game mechanics, good unit combos, etc. By the time HOTS came out, most of us had spent countless hours learning the ins and outs of the game. If HOTS had been the first part of SC2 released, it likely would have seemed significantly harder.

We have considered this. Normally, going back to play the WoL campaign would then seem easier. We have after all seen the content before and are more experienced correct?

I had a great deal of difficulty playing the WoL missions, much more than HotS.
Reply Quote
pathetically easy on Brutal. I would vote for them making a harder difficulty now or fans making a custom difficulty. :)
Reply Quote
i wouldn't put it as "too" easy. but compared to WoL it felt "easy"er. i know in All In on WoL on Brutal i just barely pulled that one off.

or maybe that it was 9 missions shorter than WoL? the difficulty curve didn't have time to ramp up on ya :P

i did however find the hard mode achievements challenging at least some of them ranking up around the "headbutting my keyboard" territory, but brutal felt like a cakewalk by comparison to getting those
Reply Quote
I remember, when I tried beating WOL on brutal I had to replay it 3 times. I beat it once on normal (first time) then again on hard and then after knowing every mission I managed to beat it on brutal, and virtually every WOL mission on brutal got me that feeling of "WOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW THAT WAS HARD" It took me litterally 10 attempts to beat the terrazine gas level. After about a month of playing SC2 I managed to finish it on brutal, all of it and it was NOT a walk in the park.
Welcome to the Jungle took me two tries, ended up finishing it because my bio ball was so large i could mine as many as I wanted at once (as long as they were in a cluster), I ended up finishing by mining the cluster of 3 at the same time with 5 alters sealed.

Some of the missions are frustrating, but only require a certain gimmick (Media Blitz because I didn't kill the tank base first, almost lost Smash and Grab (the zerg almost got the artifact & my base was being destroyed), on Cutthroat my base was destroyed when I collected the last 300 minerals from Orlan's last CC). However, some were quite easy (zero hour, all you need to do is build 3 bunkers per entrance and have 3 Barracks (2 tech, 1 react) constantly producing. Engine of Destruction, only problem was that they kept killing my scvs. Breakout & GoaC, both really easy on ANY difficulty. The Great Train Robbery? Siege Tanks FTW (with goliath support). Outbreak, reapers own. Haven's fall, "Oh look, they infest colony, send over 20 vikings, infestation prevented"

I currently have 19 done, including all of the Mar Sara, Colonist, Rebel, and Covert storylines, with 1 done each for the rest of the storylines.

I am currently silver 1v1, and although some are pretty hard, they are all easy enough.

I haven't started HotS brutal, but it sounds pretty easy, although i am missing several Masteries.
Reply Quote
It was easy on norm. I played wol on norm and last level was hard. In hots there was no rush to make units. I beat the whole level with lings infester and roaches and lurkers the anti armor ones. I only used army for d. Beat whole level with Kerrigan.
Reply Quote
Haven's Fall on brutal without siege tanks ... I gave up on that. I guess one could have got constructive with supply depot walls, but it just meant you hardly had any time to build up the Viking army as defence is much harder without tanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]