StarCraft® II

Who misses the Queen of Blades?

Remember her? Do you miss:

1) Her wanting to destroy and consume anything in her path?

2) Her running over anything and anyone to get what she wanted?

3) Her not having mercy on anyone or anything?

4) Her being happy as "The Queen Beez of the Universe?"

5) Her role as a villian (which she did amazingly).

Seriously, am I the only one who would rather have that Kerrigan to this....I dont even know how to describe what she is now. Sure she is powerful but Christ they really destroyed such a great villian and for what?

Side note: The current voice actor did a good job, I won't deny that, but I still prefer the original as Kerrigan.
Reply Quote
Nope.

She got everything she wanted on a silver platter, everyone she "manipulated" was either stupid as hell or had to help her anyway.

I did not care for that.

That was Brood War's main flaw.
Reply Quote
Nope.

She got everything she wanted on a silver platter, everyone she "manipulated" was either stupid as hell or had to help her anyway.

I did not care for that.

That was Brood War's main flaw.

How could you know the difference seeing as you haven't played Heart of the Swarm yet? Bad troll is bad.
Reply Quote
I do miss her, but I would've been bored of HotS Kerrigan being a complete repeat of her. It's good that she changed.
Reply Quote
I think blizzard wrote itself into a corner at the end of brood war.

At the last mission, the cerebrate had little to no forces (kerrigan mentions that most of her forces were still on char), but he still beat a protoss, dominion and UED armada.

So there is no power in the universe that can beat kerrigan at the end of BW. Their only choice was to depower her or to show us Kerrigan destroying everything.
Reply Quote
I watched the videos of the ENTIRE campaign up down and sideways, so DON'T EVER make the mistake of thinking I don't know what i'm talking about again.

You watched videos of the entire thing without playing it?
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 08:00 PMPosted by RoCP
I watched the videos of the ENTIRE campaign up down and sideways, so DON'T EVER make the mistake of thinking I don't know what i'm talking about again.

You watched videos of the entire thing without playing it?

I don't have enough $$ for the game right now, and I won't for a bit, don't worry about it.
Reply Quote
I'm not a fan of pure evil. It's a little too easy to hate and a little too easy to kill. I like having some conflicted feelings while murdering someone sort of. "Damn I just killed a good honorable person simply because our beliefs conflicted and could not co-exist."

The same goes for a heroine. I like there to be some viciousness to her that really discourages poking her or what she seeks to protect. While essentially being a good person. To borrow a few words, for optimum performance and ethical fairness an ethical jerk is best. Though in the original words jerk was a far stronger word.
Reply Quote
Personally I hate the whole redemption thing and the fact Kerrigan does some pretty downright evil things even in HOTs yet I feel in the end they want to tug at our Heart Strings. I think if she died in LOTV and said something about atoning for her crimes that I could understand.
Right now the tone of HOTs doesnt make alot of sense with Kerrigans character. In Broodwar my impression is that without the Overmind Kerrigan was human and decided to !@#$ with everyone and become the biggest power because she couldnt just go back to having a normal life, she never had a normal life and was just a trained killer. In reality she was just a really %^-*ing angry person whose mind broke after all the !@#$ that happened to her. In the end it was the power, power over the swarm that corrupted her, not Amon's influence. She even tells Jim that he cant imagine the power she wields and that she likes what she's become.

She also wasnt pure evil as after she finishes off Duke and Fenix she states she has become weary of the slaughter and wanted to rest. I would imagine commanding the most powerful force in the sector gets kind of tiring after non-stop victories seeing people and aliens torn to shreds.
Reply Quote
Kerrigan in BW was cheesy as hell. When people bash Sc2 with Sc1 they put Vanilla and BW as if they are the same thing, in quallity level, when BW was already a major step down from the original game, story wise. And I prefer the Overmind.
Reply Quote
To me, an anti-hero is the most interesting character by far. Someone that is willing to do anything, go to any level, to do what they believe is the right thing.

I suppose that's why lawful Evil or Chaotic good characters were always the most interesting to me. Illidan Stormrage is a really good example, and one of my favorite characters (I'm talking about WC3 here and not the butchering that WoW did to the story.)
Edited by Blade on 3/20/2013 10:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i think she's still thesame.

that scene in bw where kerrigan killed fenix hurt me alot. but hearing kerrigan talking to jim making up an excuse for killing fenix. i always thought that was a spur of moment thing for kerrigan she probably didnt know the extent of friendship raynor had with fenix.

03/20/2013 08:37 PMPosted by Necro
she has become weary of the slaughter and wanted to rest.
. excuses pls, that just short of "what have i done!"

and in hots kerrigan making up another silly excuse of not remembering anything specially when raynor is around. so childish, i say face the fire girl. excuses pls!

funny mentioning tycus out of the blue soo cheeky. more excuses pls!. kerrigan should have just apologized for fenix death. shes clearly afraid of facing the fire. i think raynor would understand his mature.

the way she makes up these excuses make her personality kinda cute. so cheesy

"power gets into your head." and sometimes we make mistakes. just empathize with kerrigan she is just simple and still human.
Edited by Sabrac on 3/20/2013 10:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't miss the old Queen of Blades because I was a child fifteen years ago and hadn't discovered video games yet.
Reply Quote
Her story really didn't have anywhere left to go.

The Overmind in SC1 at least had a goal, the assimilation of the Protoss, which he believed would make the Zerg a perfect species. It may not have been a smart goal (the reason why is explained in HotS, by Abathur of all people), but at least he knew what he wanted.

The Queen of Blades had no real goal other than an extremely nebulous desire for "more power". And since BW positioned her as the dominant military force in the sector, there wasn't all that much more power for her to acquire.

What do you do with a villain whose motivation is both ill defined and for the most part already achieved? Apparently, you tear her down and reconstruct her as a good guy.
Reply Quote
No, I always liked the original Kerrigan. I'm glad they returned her to her senses. I guess thats what I get for growing up with SC, when I was little I didn't really understand the story completely but it was very easy for me to recognize how sad it was for Kerrigan to be betrayed and taken by the zerg. I don't know why but I've always been very partial to human Kerrigan and I can't say that I've ever been happy with her being the QoB. When WoL came out and I got to the part where Valerian explained she could be changed back I was absolutely ecstatic. After years and years of waiting not only did Starcraft finally have a sequel, but the story went a direction I'd hoped it would go for a long time. I'm okay with her being zergified again as long as she is in her right mind(although I'd prefer if she remained human), but I definitely like the real Kerrigan over the QoB.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]