For those that are crashing in campaign

(Locked)

I also am getting computer crashes.

The crashes seem to be more frequent on some missions then others. I made it to Kaldir and on the first mission it has crashed numerous times. Some of the missions prior to this the game seemed to run fine.

What seems to happen is the video driver will crash, both of my monitors will go a solid color (the color is completely random sometimes it will be red on both, sometimes blue, sometimes a different color on each) and the sound will get messed up just like on a normal crash.

Now sometimes the computer will comeback to the game and you can play it for another minute or so before it crashes again, sometimes the computer will restart, and sometimes it will just sit on that solid colored screen.

Ive tried several different drivers, Ive tried disabling my sound card and other devices, even reformatted my computer last night (yay...) but none of these work.

Ive been able to adjust the settings within the game to prolong the crashing, but the crashing happens none the less.

Never had an issue with any of the other games i play. My current setup is only about 8 months old.

Using a 660 TI
Edited by Zarem on 3/15/2013 5:40 AM PDT
So guys, I just disabled anti-aliasing in the nvidia control panel under 3d vision. It seems to stop the crashes, try it out and let me know of your results. Credit to Wycked to figuring this out.
Im assuming that you have it disabled in game too?
So guys, I just disabled anti-aliasing in the nvidia control panel under 3d vision. It seems to stop the crashes, try it out and let me know of your results. Credit to Wycked to figuring this out.

It didn't work, my system restarted again =(

Thank you
Same
I really hope they fix this soon. Played the beta with 0 issue not sure why its happening on release. Was really looking forward to playing the campaign.
Worth noting, I did tweak my fan settings before disabling anti-aliasing. I have an EVGA card and used EVGA precision to change my fan curve, upping the speed close to 80% when the temp is at 60 Celsius or higher. This may be an isolated fix for me, but you're welcome to try as well. Sorry it isn't working for some of you guys, it sucks :(
Disabled anti-aliasing, got to play a complete mission without any system restart. But after i finished the system immediately restarted at the cutscene.
System specs

Operating System:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU Type:
Intel® Core™ i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz
CPU Speed:
3.63 GHz
System Memory:
15.98 GB GSkill DDR3
Video Card Model:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Video Card Memory:
3.95 GB
Desktop Resolution:
1920x1080

I went back to stock settings for this issue to try to troubleshoot
Edited by Zarem on 3/15/2013 9:26 AM PDT

Edited by Zarem on 3/15/13 5:40 AM (PDT)

I also am getting computer crashes.The crashes seem to be more frequent on some missions then others. I made it to Kaldir and on the first mission it has crashed numerous times. Some of the missions prior to this the game seemed to run fine.What seems to happen is the video driver will crash, both of my monitors will go a solid color (the color is completely random sometimes it will be red on both, sometimes blue, sometimes a different color on each) and the sound will get messed up just like on a normal crash.Now sometimes the computer will comeback to the game and you can play it for another minute or so before it crashes again, sometimes the computer will restart, and sometimes it will just sit on that solid colored screen.Ive tried several different drivers, Ive tried disabling my sound card and other devices, even reformatted my computer last night (yay...) but none of these work.Ive been able to adjust the settings within the game to prolong the crashing, but the crashing happens none the less.Never had an issue with any of the other games i play. My current setup is only about 8 months old.Using a 660 TI

Same issue and same card here. First, I unplugged my second monitor. Kaldir still crashed, but it actually recovered from it in 30 seconds or so at about 20FPS. I played through the rest of Kaldir like this then restarted the game. Upon restart, I played the rest of the campaign, leaving my second monitor unplugged with no crashing at all. Just a workaround for you until a driver/software fix is released.

Edited by Zarem on 3/15/13 5:40 AM (PDT)

I also am getting computer crashes.The crashes seem to be more frequent on some missions then others. I made it to Kaldir and on the first mission it has crashed numerous times. Some of the missions prior to this the game seemed to run fine.What seems to happen is the video driver will crash, both of my monitors will go a solid color (the color is completely random sometimes it will be red on both, sometimes blue, sometimes a different color on each) and the sound will get messed up just like on a normal crash.Now sometimes the computer will comeback to the game and you can play it for another minute or so before it crashes again, sometimes the computer will restart, and sometimes it will just sit on that solid colored screen.Ive tried several different drivers, Ive tried disabling my sound card and other devices, even reformatted my computer last night (yay...) but none of these work.Ive been able to adjust the settings within the game to prolong the crashing, but the crashing happens none the less.Never had an issue with any of the other games i play. My current setup is only about 8 months old.Using a 660 TI

Same issue and same card here. First, I unplugged my second monitor. Kaldir still crashed, but it actually recovered from it in 30 seconds or so at about 20FPS. I played through the rest of Kaldir like this then restarted the game. Upon restart, I played the rest of the campaign, leaving my second monitor unplugged with no crashing at all. Just a workaround for you until a driver/software fix is released.

Are you using a HDMI or DVI? Also when mine recovers its also super low fps
HDMI. Disconnecting the second monitor helped a lot, which was through a DVI, but my main monitor is HDMI. Stopped crashing except Kaldir, which at least recovered at low FPS and I could proceed.
Hopefully NVIDIA or Blizzard solves this problem soon. I would like to play the game I paid for.
Hopefully NVIDIA or Blizzard solves this problem soon. I would like to play the game I paid for.

+1

How long we must wait to play the campaign?
Having the same issue. Thought it was my SLI setup, but disabling didn't seem to help.

Computer crashes completely. Started after Kaldir. No crashes until the first ice-world mission.
I used to get crashing to desktop.

I deleted the blizzard folder in Program data.

Reinstalled drivers, restarted computer.

I turned off vertical sync, no anti aliasing, no reflections, refresh rate at default.

Shaders, models and physics are on high, everything else is on medium.

I haven't had a crash since. Not sure what fixed it for me so I just put everything out there.
314.21 came out. Trying it out to see whats up.
I have no problems with any other games, so you're situation may be isolated failureface.

Yeah looks like you're right - turns out my vid card's fans decided they no longer wanted to spin at the actual speeds they're supposed to spin. Bad timing i guess.
too add to the frustration, once the crashes started for me, i cant play WoW. the same crashes started. and i'm just a simple GT430 user
I can add to that KillJoy. Today I was playing BF3 End Game and I had my first ever crash in that game. Never had a problem before playing HoS + 314.07 drivers. Im using the new 314.24 drivers right now - I'll report if I have any more problems.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]