StarCraft® II

Who wants a happy ending?

Ok, I want to know what your version of a happy ending is. I just beg Blizzard listens and follows a happy ending instead of the cheesy sad one :( What do you think?
Reply Quote
I'm not a very good storywriter, but in a nutshell a happy ending to me would be one where Kerrigan & Raynor win their battles and come out of them alive, healthy, and together at the end. How they get there I will leave up to people who are actually good at writing the details of a story, but ultimately I would like a feel-good ending like WoL had.
Reply Quote
I posted this somewhere else, but I really want this this happen:

When/if Amon dies, A giant explosion happens and Kerrigan is caught in it. But the explosion is so powerful that it cleansed her from any zerg/Primal zerg infestation.

Blizzard should hire me.
Reply Quote

When/if Amon dies, A giant explosion happens and Kerrigan is caught in it. But the explosion is so powerful that it cleansed her from any zerg/Primal zerg infestation.

Blizzard should hire me.

Sounds good to me.
Reply Quote

Blizzard should hire me.

That is bad. Before you ask me why it is bad please reread it and attempt to figure it out.
Reply Quote

Blizzard should hire me.

That is bad. Before you ask me why it is bad please reread it and attempt to figure it out.

I don't see anything bad about it. But then again my wording might of been wrong because english isn't my main language. Can you tell me what is wrong?
Reply Quote
I also think Jimmy and Sarah need a happy ending.

here is what i come up with for ending.

Amon destroyed but in the process of his destruction an explosion occurs and Kerrigan's ship is caught in the explosion.

Jim and Matt think that the ship is destroyed because scans come up empty on board of the Hyperion.

However the Leviathan is adrift in space. Kerrigan tells Zagara that its time for her to take over the swarm. With some use of Xal Naga technology Sarah gives Abathur her final order: to maker her human again. Abathor prepares the procedure and as Sarah closes her eyes we fade to black.

Fade in on board of the Hyperion.

On board of the Hyperion Matt tells Jim it time to let her go, that she is gone forever, at that exact moment scans pick up a life form in a cocoon (something of that sort). Jim orders the ship to head to those coordinates.

Upon arriving there, they see a zerg cocoon, Jum orders it to be brought into the cargo bay. Marines stand guard around the zerg cocoon unknowing of what may lay inside, guns drawn. Jim quickly jumps down, takes his knife and cuts the cocoon.

As Jim cuts the cocoon with his knife a human hand slips through, he recognizes it instantly, it is Sarah. She is taken to the medical bay. Upon opening her eyes she see lights and everything is foggy and then faces start to form through her clouded vision. She sees Jim, Matt, and Zarathul.
Reply Quote
I also think Jimmy and Sarah need a happy ending.

here is what i come up with for ending.

Amon destroyed but in the process of his destruction an explosion occurs and Kerrigan's ship is caught in the explosion.

Jim and Matt think that the ship is destroyed because scans come up empty on board of the Hyperion.

However the Leviathan is adrift in space. Kerrigan tells Zagara that its time for her to take over the swarm. With some use of Xal Naga technology Sarah gives Abathur her final order: to maker her human again. Abathor prepares the procedure and as Sarah closes her eyes we fade to black.

Fade in on board of the Hyperion.

On board of the Hyperion Matt tells Jim it time to let her go, that she is gone forever, at that exact moment scans pick up a life form in a cocoon (something of that sort). Jim orders the ship to head to those coordinates.

Upon arriving there, they see a zerg cocoon, Jum orders it to be brought into the cargo bay. Marines stand guard around the zerg cocoon unknowing of what may lay inside, guns drawn. Jim quickly jumps down, takes his knife and cuts the cocoon.

As Jim cuts the cocoon with his knife a human hand slips through, he recognizes it instantly, it is Sarah. She is taken to the medical bay. Upon opening her eyes she see lights and everything is foggy and then faces start to form through her clouded vision. She sees Jim, Matt, and Zarathul.

Woah, I remember reading that somewhere else.
Reply Quote

Woah, I remember reading that somewhere else.

Probably in the other view threads we been discussing stuff. I been posting it, where people have posted their ideas.
Reply Quote
So much people have been talking about this. If Blizzard doesn't a happy ending, it will upset sooo much people
Reply Quote
So much people have been talking about this. If Blizzard doesn't a happy ending, it will upset sooo much people

I've estimated that 2 out of 3 people want a happy ending, the ones who don't want a sad and dark ending that would make soft hearted people cry.
Reply Quote
Now, the sacrificial ending actually had become the cheesy one. At first, it was like a great plot twist but then people really just overdone it. It has been used to much. In which mature game have we ever seen a happy ending in? Everyone can infer that Blizzard most likely will add the sacrificial ending because it is used in almost every game with a great campaign play through, e.g. Mass Effect 3. So it would be nice to have a happy ending for a change.
Secondly, Jim has sacrificed so much for Kerrigan. In WoL, his motivation to continue fighting was the fact that he may be able to find her and turn her good. No one can replace Kerrigan in his life. He spent the entire WoL campaign finding her and fighting the Zerg. At the end of WoL, he finally could her and turned her. Kerrigan, on the other hand, has done the same thing to Raynor in HoTS; she vowed to avenge Raynor's "death" and immediately rescued Raynor when she knew about the prison ship. At the end of HoTS, she and Raynor accept each other. Clearly, they are inseparable. It would also be a %%#@@*%! move to separate Raynor and Kerrigan. Raynor has lost too much things for her and losing her just seem a bit unfair to him.
To those people who "like" the typical cheesy dark ending, I bet that afterwards, in side yourself, you feel regrets about the ending. You would think to yourself, wouldn't it have been better if Kerrigan and Raynor had a happy ending? Society make it seem like the dark ending would make for a better ending, but to be honest, everyone would like to see the happy ending; as humans, we like the "and they lived happily ever after" ending because it satisfies us. The people who "enjoy" the dark and sacrificial ending are actually just scared that people will judge if they like the "cheesy" ending but it is actually human nature to have a satisfying ending.
To Blizzard, if you already made the storyline, please change it because you probably haven't even worked on that part of the campaign yet, so it won't hurt to change it. Whatever you do, I will still buy LotV. Thanks for such a great game.
About the concern on Kerrigan being as good bedmate, I think that she will turn back to human because she knows that Jim likes her more when she's a ghost. After the death of Amon, she will have no purpose to be the Queen of Blades anymore so it seems fitting for her to turn back. And when she's turned back, it would seem that she would still not be a good bedmate but Jim wouldn't really care because he loves her and that's about it.
I hope that you, Blizzard will take my suggestions and make SC one of the few stories that have a happy ending.
Another thing, I would like to see a sneek peek to Nova being released like the cutscene released for Heart of the Swarm.
Reply Quote
Now, the sacrificial ending actually had become the cheesy one. At first, it was like a great plot twist but then people really just overdone it. It has been used to much. In which mature game have we ever seen a happy ending in? Everyone can infer that Blizzard most likely will add the sacrificial ending because it is used in almost every game with a great campaign play through, e.g. Mass Effect 3. So it would be nice to have a happy ending for a change.
Secondly, Jim has sacrificed so much for Kerrigan. In WoL, his motivation to continue fighting was the fact that he may be able to find her and turn her good. No one can replace Kerrigan in his life. He spent the entire WoL campaign finding her and fighting the Zerg. At the end of WoL, he finally could her and turned her. Kerrigan, on the other hand, has done the same thing to Raynor in HoTS; she vowed to avenge Raynor's "death" and immediately rescued Raynor when she knew about the prison ship. At the end of HoTS, she and Raynor accept each other. Clearly, they are inseparable. It would also be a %%#@@*%! move to separate Raynor and Kerrigan. Raynor has lost too much things for her and losing her just seem a bit unfair to him.
To those people who "like" the typical cheesy dark ending, I bet that afterwards, in side yourself, you feel regrets about the ending. You would think to yourself, wouldn't it have been better if Kerrigan and Raynor had a happy ending? Society make it seem like the dark ending would make for a better ending, but to be honest, everyone would like to see the happy ending; as humans, we like the "and they lived happily ever after" ending because it satisfies us. The people who "enjoy" the dark and sacrificial ending are actually just scared that people will judge if they like the "cheesy" ending but it is actually human nature to have a satisfying ending.
To Blizzard, if you already made the storyline, please change it because you probably haven't even worked on that part of the campaign yet, so it won't hurt to change it. Whatever you do, I will still buy LotV. Thanks for such a great game.
About the concern on Kerrigan being as good bedmate, I think that she will turn back to human because she knows that Jim likes her more when she's a ghost. After the death of Amon, she will have no purpose to be the Queen of Blades anymore so it seems fitting for her to turn back. And when she's turned back, it would seem that she would still not be a good bedmate but Jim wouldn't really care because he loves her and that's about it.
I hope that you, Blizzard will take my suggestions and make SC one of the few stories that have a happy ending.
Another thing, I would like to see a sneek peek to Nova being released like the cutscene released for Heart of the Swarm.

I second this. I read the thread that posted this, and I seriously couldn't agree more.
Reply Quote
i originally posted this in the petition but it got locked so...
Reply Quote
Definately we need blizzard to give us a happy ending yet leave room for Starcraft 3.
Reply Quote
Definately we need blizzard to give us a happy ending yet leave room for Starcraft 3.

And then complain about the story in SC3 because if everything was all hunky dory at the end of two..... why is there trouble in paradise again?

Stop demanding !@#$ty, cliche'd stores and then complaining when you don't like what a character looks like.
Reply Quote
The ending isn't whats important. I don't care if it's happy or sad, it's war. I just want to be the victor. What's important is whether or not all my questions will be answered. Like what's this about Starcraft: Pheonix? Is Starcraft Ghost never going to come out? If so why is Nova such a big deal? Why didn't Emil shapeshift into Samir, and what is Stukov's story? Lastly, why would the Xel'Naga artifact kill Kerrigan the second time and not transform her back into a human again?
Reply Quote
yup give us a good ending for sarah and jim... we already suffered for a decade to get starcraft 2 and after all the !@#$ that they went through i think they deserve some happiness.
Reply Quote
yup give us a good ending for sarah and jim... we already suffered for a decade to get starcraft 2 and after all the !@#$ that they went through i think they deserve some happiness.

The question is will Blizzard listen. Something tells me they already have the LotV ending written...
Reply Quote
who knows... the only thing we can do anyway is to at least say what we would like, if it will work or not only the end of the trilogy will say...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]