StarCraft® II

Who wants a happy ending?

They could also merge Kerrigan with Zeratul (or she gives her Zerg part and Zeratul his genetical modified Protoss part) to introduce a special Xel'Naga hero, which is able to defeat Amon.

And maybe the whole Zerg and Protoss races could fuse which would lead to the rebirth of the Xel'Naga.

That was the whole point of the two species, my friend. If you read the Dark Templar Saga Twilight, the Xel'Naga created the Zerg and Protoss SPECIFICALLY for that.
Reply Quote
04/06/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Inprea
I can't help but think of the bonus mission when you first land on Zerus what Kerrigan says. "This essence is so alive. I think I like it." In that moment she was very much zerg.

Hey, at that point she was still in rage over Raynor's "death". With him gone, Kerrigan had nothing left, which was why she embraced the Zerg.

When she found out Raynor was still alive, she told the other Zerg that freeing him would get a VERY cold reception, Raynor wasn't going to like this one bit.
Reply Quote
04/06/2013 12:43 PMPosted by ragnarok
I can't help but think of the bonus mission when you first land on Zerus what Kerrigan says. "This essence is so alive. I think I like it." In that moment she was very much zerg.

Hey, at that point she was still in rage over Raynor's "death". With him gone, Kerrigan had nothing left, which was why she embraced the Zerg.

When she found out Raynor was still alive, she told the other Zerg that freeing him would get a VERY cold reception, Raynor wasn't going to like this one bit.

That anger might have and probably did influence her behavior. Just the same though in that moment she was thinking very much like a primal zerg. It wasn't just about taking revenge or growing stronger as she had done before. She enjoyed taking that living essence into herself.
Reply Quote
It wasn't just about taking revenge or growing stronger as she had done before. She enjoyed taking that living essence into herself.

I don't see it that way. I think she was doing it because it would give her the power to finally kill Mengsk and avenge Raynor's "death".

Remember, right before the last Korhal mission, she told Abathur that EVERYTHING she did had been in the name of revenge. Yes there was the part of rescuing Raynor too, but you know what I mean.
Reply Quote
04/06/2013 04:34 PMPosted by ragnarok
It wasn't just about taking revenge or growing stronger as she had done before. She enjoyed taking that living essence into herself.

I don't see it that way. I think she was doing it because it would give her the power to finally kill Mengsk and avenge Raynor's "death".

Remember, right before the last Korhal mission, she told Abathur that EVERYTHING she did had been in the name of revenge. Yes there was the part of rescuing Raynor too, but you know what I mean.

True. Still based on her words and tone while acquiring that essence she really seemed to be getting into it to me. For something that she was doing so that she may obtain revenge she really seemed to be enjoying it. Then again revenge can be fun.
Edited by Inprea on 4/6/2013 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/06/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Inprea

True. Still based on her words and tone while acquiring that essence she really seemed to be getting into it to me. For something that she was doing so that she may obtain revenge she really seemed to be enjoying it. Then again revenge can be fun.

To a degree, but Kerrigan had been tortured for those years of infestation, she still wasn't fully herself between WoL and HotS anyway.
Reply Quote
Then again revenge can be fun.

Revenge usually is fun. Followed shortly by a feeling of emptiness, especially if you have devoted so much to it. I know she has a new purpose in defeating Amon but you don't just shrug that large of a part of your life off. Which is one of the many reasons I think she should find that happy ending.
Reply Quote
04/06/2013 06:35 PMPosted by Lwyn
Then again revenge can be fun.

Revenge usually is fun. Followed shortly by a feeling of emptiness, especially if you have devoted so much to it. I know she has a new purpose in defeating Amon but you don't just shrug that large of a part of your life off. Which is one of the many reasons I think she should find that happy ending.

That's my point. Had Raynor NOT come back to her in the last HotS mission, she would have lived the rest of her life in despair.
Reply Quote
They could also merge Kerrigan with Zeratul (or she gives her Zerg part and Zeratul his genetical modified Protoss part) to introduce a special Xel'Naga hero, which is able to defeat Amon.

And maybe the whole Zerg and Protoss races could fuse which would lead to the rebirth of the Xel'Naga.

That was the whole point of the two species, my friend. If you read the Dark Templar Saga Twilight, the Xel'Naga created the Zerg and Protoss SPECIFICALLY for that.

And Amon with his hybrids perverted this idea. Xel'Naga would be recreation of the clean race to fight the unclean hybrids.
But since i don't think they will introduce a new race, it will be at most a Kerrigan/Zeratul union to fight Amon.
Edited by Bfler on 4/7/2013 12:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote

And Amon with his hybrids perverted this idea. Xel'Naga would be recreation of the clean race to fight the unclean hybrids.
But since i don't think they will introduce a new race, it will be at most a Kerrigan/Zeratul union to fight Amon.

Possibly. I'm still curious just what role the terrans can play in the battle against Amon...
Reply Quote
Possibly. I'm still curious just what role the terrans can play in the battle against Amon...

I don't expect any huge armies from them. I anticipate Raynor's resourcefulness to play a role with a small force at his back. But as far as real resistance goes, I think its up to zerg + toss.
Reply Quote
Man, haven't you heard that song "Terran and Zerg DNA just won't splice"?
You gotta do it the natural way.
Reply Quote
04/07/2013 12:47 AMPosted by DarthTimmy

I don't expect any huge armies from them. I anticipate Raynor's resourcefulness to play a role with a small force at his back. But as far as real resistance goes, I think its up to zerg + toss.

Maybe. But then it makes you wonder what role Raynor would play in LotV, since he'll be returning anyway.
Reply Quote

This whole affair is central to the destiny of the Protoss and the Zerg, and Amon has managed to pervert the process, as it were. And though he has clearly adapted his plans along the way, I don't think he originally counted on a bystander race (Terrans) getting involved. It's a variable he didn't account for initially, which might set up the Terrans to have a Big Damn Heroes moment right at the end.

It might also set it up so that it's Kerrigan's humanity, not her Zerg nature, that carries the day against Amon. A union of Kerrigan's Primal Zerg power and Zeratul's Dark Templar power might create an uncorrupted Xel'Naga being that can fight on equal terms with Amon, but not defeat him. With the Primal Zerg removed from Kerrigan (making her fully human again) she might be able to use her Psi power (which comes from her Terran side, not her Zerg side) to tip the final balance in the good guys' favor. It's, perhaps, that final element that Amon didn't account for that will be his undoing.
Reply Quote

This whole affair is central to the destiny of the Protoss and the Zerg, and Amon has managed to pervert the process, as it were. And though he has clearly adapted his plans along the way, I don't think he originally counted on a bystander race (Terrans) getting involved. It's a variable he didn't account for initially, which might set up the Terrans to have a Big Damn Heroes moment right at the end.

It might also set it up so that it's Kerrigan's humanity, not her Zerg nature, that carries the day against Amon. A union of Kerrigan's Primal Zerg power and Zeratul's Dark Templar power might create an uncorrupted Xel'Naga being that can fight on equal terms with Amon, but not defeat him. With the Primal Zerg removed from Kerrigan (making her fully human again) she might be able to use her Psi power (which comes from her Terran side, not her Zerg side) to tip the final balance in the good guys' favor. It's, perhaps, that final element that Amon didn't account for that will be his undoing.

Overall though, it's probably just the terran race AS A WHOLE that Amon didn't factor in.

It really depends on how he sees terrans. If Amon is smart, he would know that in times of war, never underestimate the power of the small.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]