StarCraft® II

Who wants a happy ending?

who knows... the only thing we can do anyway is to at least say what we would like, if it will work or not only the end of the trilogy will say...

Hey, it'll still be a while before Blizzard tells us ANYTHING about the LotV storyline...
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 07:29 PMPosted by ragnarok
who knows... the only thing we can do anyway is to at least say what we would like, if it will work or not only the end of the trilogy will say...

Hey, it'll still be a while before Blizzard tells us ANYTHING about the LotV storyline...

I heard the ending already got leaked, but Blizzard took it down in less than a minute.
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 08:25 PMPosted by GameGuy

I heard the ending already got leaked, but Blizzard took it down in less than a minute.

probably not, cuz they probabyl haven't made it yet, but I really hope that Chris doesn't pull off a ME3, that would just be sad
Reply Quote

probably not, cuz they probabyl haven't made it yet, but I really hope that Chris doesn't pull off a ME3, that would just be sad

I have a feeling a Tassadar will be pulled off.
Either by Kerrigan or Zeratul
Edited by GameGuy on 3/16/2013 8:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Probably Zeratul, he's the main LotV character anyway.
Reply Quote

Probably Zeratul, he's the main LotV character anyway.

Tassadar and Zeratul join essences to explode Amon.

...I would actually like that.
Reply Quote
Me! Me! I want a happy ending! Especially after a massage <wink wink>
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 06:40 PMPosted by shticks
Definately we need blizzard to give us a happy ending yet leave room for Starcraft 3.

And then complain about the story in SC3 because if everything was all hunky dory at the end of two..... why is there trouble in paradise again?

Stop demanding !@#$ty, cliche'd stores and then complaining when you don't like what a character looks like.

I totally agree with you. To everyone else.. What exactly is a happy ending to you guys? I really don't understand your desire for Kerrigan and Raynor to end up together in the end. This is not some romantic novel we are talking about here. Three races are, at least basically, at war with one another. A god-like entity from a race of god-like entities that created two of the three races at war is now alive again. And he wants to destroy the entire sector, or universe or whatever. And we're talking about whether or not Kerrigan and Raynor will hook up in the end? Come on people. Blizzard is trying to make larger than life characters here. Real people fall in love. They do not, however, have to choose between being with someone and saving the universe. Kerrigan is far too powerful, too important, and plays far too big a role in this story to simply end up getting back together with her boyfriend in the end, and I really can't believe people are actually seriously focusing on that part of the story. It is what it is, they love each other, but there are bigger things than that going on. You want her to be happy in the end, shack up with Jim, and live happily ever after? That would ruin the entire story. Kerrigan is no little girl with dreams of happily ever after with prince charming. She's killed millions of people. She leads the largest army in the entire universe. And she is going to fight a god. Yes, it's nice to know there's a little humanity in her, what with the whole loving Jim thing. But sacrificing all the cool !@#$ she's doing just so we can watch her and Jim live happily ever after? Just plain silly...
Reply Quote
And as for the sacrificial ending thing, eh I mean that would make a hell of a better ending than what you're suggesting. For Kerrigan to actually end up human again and together with Jim again.. It's not a completely impossible out come. But so many things would have to happen for it to reach that point.. I mean first off, we have to see the outcome of the whole fight against Amon thing, that'll take another game to get through. Second, once that's done and over with, we still have the fact that these three races really do not like each other one bit. So in all likelihood, war will resume. Third, Kerrigan will have to be replaced by an equally or more fantastic character that people can identify with and will love (that will be the hardest part honestly). Fourth, I mean this is war people. Jim may die before any of that happens. We don't know. Kerrigan may lose. Perhaps some unexpected power will enter the conflict at the last moment, after Kerrigan has been destroyed and all seems lost, and save the galaxy. Who knows what could happen?
Edited by Tyler on 3/17/2013 7:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sarah and Jim stay together. Also Zeratul become the biggest badass and unite the Protoss to become King of the Universe.
Reply Quote
Sarah and Jim stay together. Also Zeratul become the biggest badass and unite the Protoss to become King of the Universe.

I like that second part. Tired of seeing Zeratul get his !@# kicked, he's supposed to be a beast
Reply Quote
The only thing I want is, the Protoss finally winning for once.

They lose FAR too much in SC.
Reply Quote

Thats how I felt about Humanity in Warcraft 3 lol.
Reply Quote
And as for the sacrificial ending thing, eh I mean that would make a hell of a better ending than what you're suggesting. For Kerrigan to actually end up human again and together with Jim again.. It's not a completely impossible out come. But so many things would have to happen for it to reach that point.. I mean first off, we have to see the outcome of the whole fight against Amon thing, that'll take another game to get through. Second, once that's done and over with, we still have the fact that these three races really do not like each other one bit. So in all likelihood, war will resume. Third, Kerrigan will have to be replaced by an equally or more fantastic character that people can identify with and will love (that will be the hardest part honestly). Fourth, I mean this is war people. Jim may die before any of that happens. We don't know. Kerrigan may lose. Perhaps some unexpected power will enter the conflict at the last moment, after Kerrigan has been destroyed and all seems lost, and save the galaxy. Who knows what could happen?

By the way, Chris Metzen said that if you strip SC to its backbone, all you have is a love story between two people. Also, Jim is quite powerful as well, he killed many people as well. So respect our opinions
Reply Quote
I would really like a happy ending, and they should totally have more sex scenes, like seriously, kissing once in 8and a half hours of campaign, pathetic
Reply Quote
I also would like a feel good ending to the next expansion.. or SC3, whichever game ends the epic story we're following now I want that ending to have closure and heart warming. I don't want to be questioning SC for over a decade like I already did.
Reply Quote
I don't necessarily want a happy ending, just an ending that's not depressing and thus different from other Blizzard games I played so far. Real life is depressing enough, thank you.
Reply Quote
I'm good with Kerrigan showing up every now and then to see her Protoss and Terran allies every now and then but still queen of the Zerg. It doesn't have to end up with them getting together, but you know, like they're just a hyperspace jump away from each other.

Or you know, like Horner and Mira, except both enjoy the relationship
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 10:41 AMPosted by luotian

By the way, Chris Metzen said that if you strip SC to its backbone, all you have is a love story between two people. Also, Jim is quite powerful as well, he killed many people as well. So respect our opinions

I won't pretend to know what Chris Metzen said, however even if he did say that it's not that simple. Because there is absolutely nothing remarkable about a love story between two people. So, if you strip SC to it's backbone, it's just that. An unremarkable, immobile bone. So let's avoid focusing on that bone, I say :P I'm not disrespecting your opinions, just being honest, I do not understand them :P
Reply Quote

Absolutely. Protoss are and always have been my favorite. I want to see them tear some !@#$ up in LotV
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]