Who wants a happy ending?

Yea i know right! I just hope we get the happy ending in the end, and possibly a new threat from a new race/faction/entity so we can have a Starcraft 3 :D My Ideal ending

-Jim and Sarah get to be together for a while
-Sarah becomes Sarah again
-A new enemy appears so that they have to continue the story

It would be cool to see "old earth"/our planet in the universe too! Like Honestly when Jim and Sarah were fighting together in the Game i was like, This is so sick! I miss these days.

EDIT: I think Zeratul should be a total bad !@# for the whole LotV until he sacrifices himself because that's an honourable Protoss thing and it would be a great way for him to go out as a really honourable and cool character.

Jim and Sarah have been through too much to die honourable in my opinion, I cannot explain why it just seems right.
Edited by Overlord on 3/18/2013 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Agree Overlord -- I would love to see the SC2 storyline end with Jim & Sarah able to basically be healthy, together, having defeated the evil they will be fighting, and perhaps set something up for SC3 down the road where Blizzard could introduce some new primary characters like 20 years down the road after SC2, etc.

And I particularly agree with what you said about them having been through so much, they absolutely deserve a happy ending for themselves and each other.
Edited by Razorback on 3/18/2013 4:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Jim and Sarah get to be together for a while

This. I REALLY hope Amon doesn't do something like revive Mengsk in LotV.

If you're going to make terran enemies, make enemies OTHER than him.
Reply Quote
Jim and Sarah get to be together for a while

I don't really care what happens, all I want is Sarah and Jim to live and be togehter ofteerwards
Reply Quote
I have made a poll
Plz vote :)
Hope Blizzard sees that the majority is for happy endings!!!
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8198643001
Reply Quote

I don't really care what happens, all I want is Sarah and Jim to live and be togehter ofteerwards

Same here, I hope Blizzard actually looks at the poll and thinks about it, instead of just looking at it, and then dismissing it.
Reply Quote
There definitely needs to be a happy ending for Raynor and Kerrigan. Why would Blizzard even allow these novelizations to be published, i.e., Flashpoint, that explore the relationship between Raynor and Kerrigan and then come along and destroy it in the end in that type of fashion. Hopefully, Blizzard is just building this story up for suspense purposes and have it come to fruition in the manner that I believe, most fans, would like to see happen... a happy ending for the two of them.
Reply Quote
Why would Blizzard even allow these novelizations to be published, i.e., Flashpoint, that explore the relationship between Raynor and Kerrigan and then come along and destroy it in the end in that type of fashion. Hopefully, Blizzard is just building this story up for suspense purposes and have it come to fruition in the manner that I believe, most fans, would like to see happen... a happy ending for the two of them

That better be the case, instead of just them messing with our heads the whole time...
Reply Quote
There definitely needs to be a happy ending for Raynor and Kerrigan. Why would Blizzard even allow these novelizations to be published, i.e., Flashpoint, that explore the relationship between Raynor and Kerrigan and then come along and destroy it in the end in that type of fashion. Hopefully, Blizzard is just building this story up for suspense purposes and have it come to fruition in the manner that I believe, most fans, would like to see happen... a happy ending for the two of them.

Hear. Hear.

I really hope so. I really hope Blizzard don't think they just wrapped up their relationship at the end of HotS. If that was the case, it would make HotS and the whole Raynor-Kerrigan story arc incredibly pointless. I also hope they're not just using that to hype a sacrificial ending.

Though if they do complete LotV is a nice ending where the two are together then HotS will be an absolute fantastic lead in. It will have brought the audience through a big emotional swing (which I've written about in a few other threads)
Reply Quote
I don't think there will be a happy ending. I think Kerrigan and Zeratul die, and Raynor survives to fight the UED in SC3, alongside Artanis, Zegara and Valerian.

A 'happy' ending would come in SC3, where Raynor dies, the Protoss rebuild and the Swarm wanders off to continue evolving somewhere else, and Horner gets his better tomorrow (with Valerian as Emperor).
Edited by porcos on 3/19/2013 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hear. Hear.

I really hope so. I really hope Blizzard don't think they just wrapped up their relationship at the end of HotS. If that was the case, it would make HotS and the whole Raynor-Kerrigan story arc incredibly pointless. I also hope they're not just using that to hype a sacrificial ending.

Though if they do complete LotV is a nice ending where the two are together then HotS will be an absolute fantastic lead in. It will have brought the audience through a big emotional swing (which I've written about in a few other threads)

I doubt it. I do think they could've thrown in another line about seeing each other down the road, but that ending "Thanks Jim...for everything" and just floating away...can't imagine it will be it.

I would have to think the main 3 protagonists of the story (Raynor, Kerrigan, Zeratul) will join forces towards the end of LotV. I would hope none of them die...as they already went the sacrifice route with Tassadar and the Overmind at the end of SC1.

Count me in as +1 happy ending as what *I* want, but realistically, not what I expect. I would only expect it if Blizzard doesn't envision any other single-player campaign stories to tell in SC.
Reply Quote
Hopefully LotV will be an all-encompassing game and really delves deep into the lore and really produces a substantial and satisfactory end to this trilogy. I have a feeling it will be an epic conclusion.

They definitely could have thrown in another line. I think they were definitely trying to pull at the emotional strings of the audience with that scene... which definitely creates the anticipation for LotV.
Reply Quote
Hear. Hear.

I doubt it. I do think they could've thrown in another line about seeing each other down the road, but that ending "Thanks Jim...for everything" and just floating away...can't imagine it will be it.

I would have to think the main 3 protagonists of the story (Raynor, Kerrigan, Zeratul) will join forces towards the end of LotV. I would hope none of them die...as they already went the sacrifice route with Tassadar and the Overmind at the end of SC1.

Count me in as +1 happy ending as what *I* want, but realistically, not what I expect. I would only expect it if Blizzard doesn't envision any other single-player campaign stories to tell in SC.

Of course the joining forces is obvious. The last LotV mission will obviously have all 3 races fight alongside one another against Amon.

Even if they don't die, at least one of them has to make SOME sort of sacrifice...
Reply Quote
Yeah, I'm sure the ending is going to be epic.... well, I hope so at least.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I'm sure the ending is going to be epic.... well, I hope so at least.

My one hope is that once Amon is beaten, by using his energies, Raynor and Zeratul could find some way to reverse the infestation on Kerrigan again.

Remember, the Xel'Naga artifact didn't really do that because she could still control the swarm. Therefore, something STRONGER is needed.
Reply Quote
I like the sound of that. Zeratul has explored the universe, and I'm sure there's knowledge that the audience hasn't been exposed to yet in terms of what he knows.
Reply Quote
My ideal ending:

In the final battle against Amon, Amon takes control of Kerrigan and by proxy the entire swarm.

Jim has the chance to defeat Amon, but only by killing Kerrigan. He personally sets on a mission where he pretends to want to save Kerrigan. Kerrigan (controlled by Amon) plays along as she/he wants to capture Jim.

They're finally alone and Jim tells Kerrigan he never gave up on her and loves her. At that moment Kerrigan temporarily breaks free from Amon's mind control and tells Jim she loves him too, but that if he truly loves her, he will do what is necessary.

Jim nods and embraces Kerrigan. With Amon regaining control, Jim takes his revolver and kills Kerrigan, also taking Amon with her.

He takes Kerrigan's body in his arms and crumples to the floor, tears streaming down his cheeks. And he utters,

"Sarah...it's finally over"

End of Starcraft II!
Edited by Jknight on 3/22/2013 8:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Interesting ending. I can envision aspects of that taking place. As a champion of Raynor and Sarah, I hope and pray they end up together. Prices could be paid, and sacrifices will be made... but they've been through too much for one of them to end up alone. If they both sacrificed themselves in the end to defeat Amon... together... then I could probably live with that as an alternative. However, I'm hoping for a happy end for the two of them.
Reply Quote
I think a happy ending with Jim and Sarah living happily ever after would feel too disneyfied and cheapen the entire ordeal. Sure, you may feel good in the short-run, but in the long-run, the death of Kerrigan at Jim's hands would have much longer-lasting emotional impact and something that has been building all along.
Reply Quote
jknight appreciate your contribution, but I definitely hope that is not the direction they go. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]