StarCraft® II

Who wants a happy ending?

I think a happy ending with Jim and Sarah living happily ever after would feel too disneyfied and cheapen the entire ordeal ...

It wouldn't be worse than Thrall in WoW with his cheesy marriage and the pregnancy of his new wife.
Reply Quote
I think a happy ending with Jim and Sarah living happily ever after would feel too disneyfied and cheapen the entire ordeal. Sure, you may feel good in the short-run, but in the long-run, the death of Kerrigan at Jim's hands would have much longer-lasting emotional impact and something that has been building all along.

Feel good in the short run or a long lasting misery. I don't personally play games to feel miserable, especially if it's the last image that's left (the ending). And I certainly am not willing to wait 2+ years only to find that my favorite characters end up in a worse gutter than they started off at.
Edited by Lwyn on 3/22/2013 9:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 09:16 AMPosted by Lwyn
I think a happy ending with Jim and Sarah living happily ever after would feel too disneyfied and cheapen the entire ordeal. Sure, you may feel good in the short-run, but in the long-run, the death of Kerrigan at Jim's hands would have much longer-lasting emotional impact and something that has been building all along.

Feel good in the short run or a long lasting misery. I don't personally play games to feel miserable, especially if it's the last image that's left (the ending). And I certainly am not willing to wait 2+ years only to find that my favorite characters end up in a worse gutter than they started off at.
stop being a little baby
Edited by Jknight on 3/22/2013 9:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I hear ya... that would definitely be miserable in my view.
Reply Quote
My ideal ending:

In the final battle against Amon, Amon takes control of Kerrigan and by proxy the entire swarm.

Jim has the chance to defeat Amon, but only by killing Kerrigan. He personally sets on a mission where he pretends to want to save Kerrigan. Kerrigan (controlled by Amon) plays along as she/he wants to capture Jim.

They're finally alone and Jim tells Kerrigan he never gave up on her and loves her. At that moment Kerrigan temporarily breaks free from Amon's mind control and tells Jim she loves him too, but that if he truly loves her, he will do what is necessary.

Jim nods and embraces Kerrigan. With Amon regaining control, Jim takes his revolver and kills Kerrigan, also taking Amon with her.

He takes Kerrigan's body in his arms and crumples to the floor, tears streaming down his cheeks. And he utters,

"Sarah...it's finally over"

End of Starcraft II!

This is basically what happened in X-Men 3 with Wolverine and Jean Gray/Phoenix, and I wasn't a big fan of it then, either (although the rest of the movie had a lot to do with it as well).
Reply Quote
This is basically what happened in X-Men 3 with Wolverine and Jean Gray/Phoenix, and I wasn't a big fan of it then, either (although the rest of the movie had a lot to do with it as well).

Isn't that the one when director Brett Ratner killed 80% of the team including most of the leadership? Such a terrible movie. Happy ending for the win.
Edited by timvane on 3/22/2013 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
jknight appreciate your contribution, but I definitely hope that is not the direction they go. :)

Damn better not, I cannot see Raynor doing that at all.
Reply Quote
My ideal ending:

In the final battle against Amon, Amon takes control of Kerrigan and by proxy the entire swarm.

Jim has the chance to defeat Amon, but only by killing Kerrigan. He personally sets on a mission where he pretends to want to save Kerrigan. Kerrigan (controlled by Amon) plays along as she/he wants to capture Jim.

They're finally alone and Jim tells Kerrigan he never gave up on her and loves her. At that moment Kerrigan temporarily breaks free from Amon's mind control and tells Jim she loves him too, but that if he truly loves her, he will do what is necessary.

Jim nods and embraces Kerrigan. With Amon regaining control, Jim takes his revolver and kills Kerrigan, also taking Amon with her.

He takes Kerrigan's body in his arms and crumples to the floor, tears streaming down his cheeks. And he utters,

"Sarah...it's finally over"

End of Starcraft II!

Yeah, but in case you forgot, they're making "The Wolverine", which the time setting takes place sometimes AFTER X-Men 3: The Last Stand...
Reply Quote
stop being a little baby

Yeah, I had this discussion last year regarding ME3. It didn't go anywhere back then and won't go anywhere now.
Edited by Lwyn on 3/22/2013 5:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I most certainly don't want a happy ever after; Jim and Sarah hold hands and ride off into the sunset Disney type ending.

Actually, as much as I love Jim, I think he should have died on Umoja.
Reply Quote
I agree, time for a happy ending.

Besides, in reality or in games, LOVE IS THE MOST POWERFUL FORCE IN THE UNIVERSE.

Sarah and Jim love each other no matter what.
Reply Quote

Besides, in reality or in games, LOVE IS THE MOST POWERFUL FORCE IN THE UNIVERSE.

Agreed. They've been through hell and it would be such a disservice to destroy that aspect of the game.
Reply Quote

Agreed. They've been through hell and it would be such a disservice to destroy that aspect of the game.
disagreed, maybe they should both die in each other's arms
Reply Quote
disagreed, maybe they should both die in each other's arms

As much as I hate that idea or the possibility of that ending happening... I could try to stomach that as a last resort. Killing one and leaving the other to suffer would be extremely cruel.

I really hope that doesn't happen.
Reply Quote
I

.....amazing
Reply Quote

True, but at the same time, there's no such thing as a unbreakble person. We all have breaking points. If you've never been broken before, it simply mean no one has tried hard enough yet.
Reply Quote
I don't want my queen to die.
Reply Quote
I don't want my queen to die.

Either way I cannot quite see Kerrigan still leading the swarm after LotV ends, at least not yet...
Reply Quote
Either way I cannot quite see Kerrigan still leading the swarm after LotV ends, at least not yet...

Yeah, I do not see her doing it as well. The only reason she picked up the mantle again was to destroy Mengsk and save the man she loved. Now with her aware of the prophecy, and the threat of Amon destroying the world, which of course... includes the man she loves; she's having to stick around to see it out. I don't think she will continue to lead after the finale. There is no reason for her to. She's implied it a few times that her leadership is very temporary.
Reply Quote
But if you think about it... If that happens they can't make a Starcraft 3... Which would be awesome. If they kill the two best/main/favourite characters then... starcraft is kinda over.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]