StarCraft® II

Who wants a happy ending?

I would be fine with having both, with your choices affecting what happens.

There has to be a happy ending either way, however, lest you wind up with a ME3-esque mess.
Reply Quote
03/24/2013 05:20 PMPosted by timvane
Yeah, but the Protoss could argue this: "Raynor, this is exactly your problem. You're too madly in love with her to see reason. Why do you think it took so little effort from Kerrigan to get yourself to ally with her back during the Brood War?"

Possibly. However, could the Protoss see reason that isn't the Queen of Blades? This is not the entity that decimated many lives, but a piece in a chess match that was she forced to play. She's the reason that the galaxy has a chance of even surviving this next encounter. She needs to be separated from her Queen of Blades persona, hopefully it happens in the next game and it will show her doubters that this is Sarah Kerrigan, a defender of many and not the villain from the past that was not her fault, or under her control.

In case you forgot, Kerrigan already did that with the Protoss during the Brood War, helping them find the Uraj and Khalis crystals to expel the Zerg from Shakuras, which secured her position as swarm ruler. The Protoss would argue she's trying something like that again.
Reply Quote
The Protoss would argue she's trying something like that again.

That might end up being the case for sure.
Reply Quote
03/25/2013 02:37 AMPosted by timvane
The Protoss would argue she's trying something like that again.

That might end up being the case for sure.

That's just something I see will be a constant problem: how the hell can Zeratul convince the Protoss to ally with Kerrigan a second time?
Reply Quote
That's just something I see will be a constant problem: how the hell can Zeratul convince the Protoss to ally with Kerrigan a second time?

What do you think it will take to convince them?
Reply Quote
03/25/2013 06:55 AMPosted by timvane

What do you think it will take to convince them?

There's only 1 way I can see it:

Remember, although the Protoss know that Raynor had deep feelings for Kerrigan, they have NEVER seen Kerrigan show the same feelings in return.

As such, as far as the Protoss are concerned, Raynor does not mean a damn thing to her.

Now, recall in the BW and Kerrigan's actions in corrupting Raszagal. When Zeratul killed his matriarch, he told Kerrigan that it was better for her to die than live as her servant.

If Raynor and Kerrigan are seen side by side by the Protoss (after HotS), they may come to the conclusion that Kerrigan tried something similar on Raynor in corrupting his mind or something.

Remember, Raynor is still a hero to them, and they too would feel "it's better to have Raynor die a free man than live as a servant to the Queen of Blades". If that's true, they may try to kill Raynor to "free" him.

If Kerrigan repeatedly defends Raynor from those attacks, it may finally get the Protoss to begin to wonder, "Everything to the Queen of Blades is just some expendable pawn. Why the hell is Raynor so important to her?"
Reply Quote
If Kerrigan repeatedly defends Raynor from those attacks, it may finally get the Protoss to begin to wonder, "Everything to the Queen of Blades is just some expendable pawn. Why the hell is Raynor so important to her?"

Interesting scenario. I do wonder how they will handle it in the next game.
Reply Quote
03/25/2013 06:13 PMPosted by timvane

Interesting scenario. I do wonder how they will handle it in the next game.

Because that's the only way I can see it working. The Protoss interpretation of Kerrigan is that she doesn't give a damn about anyone else, they're all just stepping stones for her to power.

So, if she goes to such lengths to defend Raynor, the Protoss would at least be forced to consider that something's not right, because the Queen of Blades they knew never shows that kind of caring and compassion.
Reply Quote
I have read a few post about wanting a happy ending and what that involves to several people. I am one of those people that hopes for a happy ending and would like to see Jim and Kerrigan together again. That said I do not want to see Kerrigan returned to human. Here are a few reasons that I don't remember seeing anyone mention.

The first and probably the most important one I can think of is the swarm is extremely dangerous. It seems clear with the modifications Abathur made to Zagara and her lessons Kerrigan wants to increase the swarms or at least the brood mother's independence. Typically I would have no trouble advocating free will but the zerg are living weapons. Adding to the complications is that despite all her improvements Zagara doesn't strike me as a particularly ethical being. Her wanting to kill the humans out of pity seems evidence for that.

After all the work Kerrigan put into turning the swarm into a deadlier force I believe that letting them off their leash to run free would be a disaster. Unfortunately when someone has the freedom to choose they can choose to be even worse then they ever were. I am reminded of Bolvar's situation in World of Warcraft. He is now in control of something far too dangerous to allow to free. Unlike Bolvar who has isolated himself I hope that Kerrigan will resume her relationship with Jim rather then spending all her time alone slowly going insane from the isolation or listening to advisers who are a little on the murderous side. Jim could be a very important link to her humanity while she figures out what to do with the swarm especially if she continues to make them more intelligent.

The second reason is a bit shaky as two times really isn't enough to indicate a trend. You couldn't even make a decent T chart with only two data points. It is a video game though and thus data will be limited. It seems to me there is a Pattern in Jim and Kerrigan's relationship. Whenever Kerrigan was a ghost Kerrigan was betray by her allies and Jim left her. Even if Jim had no choice in the matter he was forced to abandon her. After becoming the Queen of Blades she gained greater power then before, was able to handle treachery far better and Jim even came after her. Even if his original intentions was to kill her. Finally in Wings of Liberty he truly returns to her.

Yet after only spending just a few weeks as a human Jim once again leaves her. It is only after being turned into the primal Queen of Blades that she is able to find Jim and then later he even returns to her. I believe that Jim's abandoning her twice when she was human and returning to her when she became the Queen of Blades is evidence that if they want to form a lasting relationship she can't return to being human as that's when she loses him.
Reply Quote
Which makes sense. They both suffered too much, physically or mentally, they'll never be the same. Their scars will be something they'll carry for the rest of their lives, and those will never heal.
Reply Quote
Which makes sense. They both suffered too much, physically or mentally, they'll never be the same. Their scars will be something they'll carry for the rest of their lives, and those will never heal.

I'm still holding out for a de-infestation myself. There are a couple of ways, story-wise, I can see it being made to work well, most of which have already been mentioned here or elsewhere.
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 04:22 AMPosted by ElDestructo

I'm still holding out for a de-infestation myself. There are a couple of ways, story-wise, I can see it being made to work well, most of which have already been mentioned here or elsewhere.

Yeah, but I hope for a FULL deinfestation. Blasting her with the artifact in WoL was only a PARTIAL one.
Reply Quote
Yeah, but I hope for a FULL deinfestation. Blasting her with the artifact in WoL was only a PARTIAL one.

I agree. I still think there is more to the Xel'naga artifacts and technology than we've been exposed to. I have a feeling that a full deinfestation is possible, and that if Raynor is aware of how to achieve it... he will definitely pursue it to the fullest extent.
Reply Quote
Kerrigan is pregnant with Raynor's child and she didn't know when she got rezergified. Her new zerg body, far from being hostile to her child, nourish her even better and the little girl grows faster than a normal human.
Before her fight with Amon, Sara delivers the baby and she entrusts her to Raynor, which entrusts her to Horner.
Both Kerrigan and Raynor die in the fight against Amon, but they win. Matt takes care of the baby and finally gives Mira a chance.
The kid grows in her grandparent's house, in Umoja. Matt remembers Raynor's words. He lived to see a better tomorrow.
Reply Quote
Both Kerrigan and Raynor die in the fight against Amon

NO.
Reply Quote
03/27/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Quiron
Both Kerrigan and Raynor die in the fight against Amon

NO.
I want a sweet and sour ending...
Edited by Ronok on 3/27/2013 9:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/27/2013 04:29 AMPosted by timvane

I agree. I still think there is more to the Xel'naga artifacts and technology than we've been exposed to. I have a feeling that a full deinfestation is possible, and that if Raynor is aware of how to achieve it... he will definitely pursue it to the fullest extent.

How was it partial..

Anyway, there can be no de-infestation. The power she possesses will not disappear. That artifiact absorbs it. And last time, it was used to raise an evil God bent on destroying the universe. So what would an even larger amount of power be used for the second time? So, for a de-infestation to occur, they will have to come up with an entirely new process
Reply Quote

Anyway, there can be no de-infestation. The power she possesses will not disappear. That artifiact absorbs it. And last time, it was used to raise an evil God bent on destroying the universe. So what would an even larger amount of power be used for the second time? So, for a de-infestation to occur, they will have to come up with an entirely new process

I think this is a problem for those who would want Kerrigan to become human again. She's not really infested this time; she's an evolved specimen that is of primal Zerg nature. That said, she's not truly primal Zerg either (as she is a mix of primal Zerg and a psionically-enhanced Terran, and it's that latter part that makes her much different from your regular Zerg), so there's still ways (if far-fetched) that she could recover her purely human form.
Reply Quote

Anyway, there can be no de-infestation.

Unless the writers say so.

The power she possesses will not disappear. That artifiact absorbs it. And last time, it was used to raise an evil God bent on destroying the universe. So what would an even larger amount of power be used for the second time? So, for a de-infestation to occur, they will have to come up with an entirely new process

There are some very straightforward ways the story could be written to make it work. I am loathe to post the concept, however, as it might be the one Blizz wants to use and if they see it circulating on the forums, they might do something else not as good.
Reply Quote
03/27/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Tyler

How was it partial..

I know that, they just have to kill Amon in the PROPER way this time around...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]