StarCraft® II

Just made masters in Hots, ask me questions.

:)
Reply Quote
So. congrats.

Former Silver from WOL <----

Typical openers?

overall build vs T, Z, P?

Usually timeframe of wins/game length?

Thx.
Reply Quote
TvP and TvZ are usually under 15 minutes.

TvT usually over 15.

TvZ

I do a build i made.

http://drop.sc/311067

Basically its a 10 minute timing with BH, Marauders, Marines, and Mines. Combat shields and stim as well.

TvP i do standard 1 rax fe 3 rax 10 minute timing.

TvT

12 gas
13 rax
14 rax (pressure with 3 reapers)

then

CC
Factory (tanks if hes going 1 base all in, widow mines then hellions if hes on 2 base)
Starport w/ Techlab, 1 banshee then 1 raven.

From there i reactor the starport, drop a third, get more factories and go mech

http://drop.sc/310875
Edited by John on 3/18/2013 6:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You think it's harder to get back to your former league in HotS? I got placed in gold and just now jumped to platinum, but I used to be top 8 diamond :(

Edit: Harder to get to your former league *Based on newer units, strategies, etc. or can you go standard and be pretty well off just mixing in the units.
Edited by Chaz on 3/17/2013 11:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You think it's harder to get back to your former league in HotS? I got placed in gold and just now jumped to platinum, but I used to be top 8 diamond :(

Edit: Harder to get to your former league *Based on newer units, strategies, etc. or can you go standard and be pretty well off just mixing in the units.

I think HotS is going to prove to be a little harder, hopefully evening the field for Terran, but I also think that the metagame has been turned on its head and of course the ladder hasn't settled. Most people are ranking a bit below what they were in WoL, and I think a lot of it is the latter two things that I mentioned.
Reply Quote

I think HotS is going to prove to be a little harder, hopefully evening the field for Terran, but I also think that the metagame has been turned on its head and of course the ladder hasn't settled. Most people are ranking a bit below what they were in WoL, and I think a lot of it is the latter two things that I mentioned.

True true.

Been doing really standardy things because I have no idea what to do as far as adding the appropriate amount of new units and abilities and when to add them 0_o Been successful to far because even if the other player is using the new units, they were only like Silver/Gold in the real WoL and I've just been able to beat them based on outmicro/outmacroing them ^_^
Reply Quote
I used to be plat in WoL, and I'm back in plat in HotS.

The ladders still seem pretty wonky at this point. My opponents are very inconsistent in terms of skill, even though they're all mostly plat. I guess it takes a while for things to settle down.
Edited by AmericanSCV on 3/17/2013 11:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote

TvZ is MUCH easier. Ill be honest TvZ in wol was a nightmare. TvP is about the same, TvT is also easier because mech is stronger.
Reply Quote
Also keep in mind, 9/10 players i played in diamond were WOL masters, its going to take a bit of time for things to even out. I think you will have a much easier time in tvz at least.
Reply Quote
How many games?
I just went 5-0 so im wondering how many till i get it back
Reply Quote
thanks a lot for the builds, they look solid
Reply Quote
How many games?

im at like 40 wins, 30 losses
Reply Quote
How many games?

Lol, it took me 27 games. like 17 wins, 10 losses. :P
Edited by MtlGuitarist on 3/17/2013 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was silver toss in wol and now gold terran in hots. Idk if that means im better with terran or ladder messed up lol
Reply Quote

haha i kept getting put against like 1400 pts masters. It was brutal lol.
Reply Quote
Also keep in mind, 9/10 players i played in diamond were WOL masters, its going to take a bit of time for things to even out. I think you will have a much easier time in tvz at least.

lol I'm getting slaughtered by Zerg xD

Edit: Honestly haven't won a TvZ yet.
Edited by Chaz on 3/17/2013 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

haha i kept getting put against like 1400 pts masters. It was brutal lol.

I got put against a pro Terran player (the Mexican Terran Maker) and a GM Protoss player T_T
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Chaz

Hm, well give the build i posted a replay of a try.

To be honest you can probably kill alot of diamond zergs with that first push.

Are you opening reaper?
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 12:43 PMPosted by John

Hm, well give the build i posted a replay of a try.

To be honest you can probably kill alot of diamond zergs with that first push.

Are you opening reaper?

I've continued use of the Polt build, I think I'm not executing it right and/or it's too old to really work without refinement. But I'm pretty sure I'm just terrible.

I realllllly hate opening reapers xD I lose them as soon as they hit the other side and I lose focus and my macro falls into a endless pit. Same with banshees, I would try to macro back at home and they would get sniped 0_o One of the reasons I loved the Polt build is I was able to put on pressure without having that "I have to be paying attention everywhere" sort of thing.

I'll give it a try definitely and see what I can do.
Reply Quote
Question:

That reactored factory in your replay, do you only make those 2 mines and leave it sitting til those 2 hellions come for the push? Or were you supposed to be sort of constantly getting some use out of it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]