Just made masters in Hots, ask me questions.

[quote]
I got put against a pro Terran player (the Mexican Terran Maker) and a GM Protoss player T_T

i got placed against a GM protoss too and lost of course and got placed in silver -_-
Reply Quote
How many free wins against zerg did you get?

BTW:
Terran buffs:
Reapers don't need an upgrade anymore.
Reapers don't need a tech lab anymore.
Reapers have still the same costs.
Tanks don't need siege mode upgrade anymore.
Tanks still have the same costs.
Medivac speed doesn't need an upgrade.
Medivac still has the same costs.
Hellion stance switch so hellions get tougher to kill.
Widow mines are another containment unit.
Widow mines are the most cost efficient unit in the game. (stealth with super high splash damage while just having a cost of 75/25)
Thors 250mm cannon doesn't need an upgrade and gives thors an additional anti ground attack giving them basically 3 shots. (Though it takes away their anti air)

Zerg buffs:
Hydralisk move speed.
New unit the swarmhost.
New good caster unit the viper.
Ultras are finally good.
Slight muta buff. (I don't think they needed it and I don't think it helps much. Cuz either you lose them anyways or you hit and run succesfully)

Terran nerfs:
None that I would be aware of.

Zerg nerfs:
Infestor Fungal growth doesn't do bonus damage vs armored targets.
Infestor fungal growth is now a projectile and can be dodged.
Infestor's infested terrans don't get upgrades anymore.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8198732506

None- no such thing and if there was how many free wins in WOL did you get?

Terran nerfs:

You could argue that reaper was a nerf, depended on playstyle(It was a nerf to my playstyle). And you could argue with less success that the thor change was a nerf.

Zerg nerfs:

You mad that infestor was fixed?
Reply Quote
Question:

That reactored factory in your replay, do you only make those 2 mines and leave it sitting til those 2 hellions come for the push? Or were you supposed to be sort of constantly getting some use out of it?
. Yea I really need to refine the build more. I think getting an addional 2 widow mines until the armory would be good, or just an earlier armory. Regardless I'm going to try it going 1 rax fe. The reaper opening is very intensive apm wise, so I will try it with 1 rax fe.
Reply Quote

BTW:
Terran buffs:
Widow mines are the most cost efficient unit in the game. (stealth with super high splash damage while just having a cost of 75/25)
Thors 250mm cannon doesn't need an upgrade and gives thors an additional anti ground attack giving them basically 3 shots. (Though it takes away their anti air)

Zerg buffs:
Hydralisk move speed.
New unit the swarmhost.
Ultras are finally good.
Slight muta buff. (I don't think they needed it and I don't think it helps much. Cuz either you lose them anyways or you hit and run succesfully)

Terran nerfs:

Zerg nerfs:
you realize I use only 2 widow mines in this build? And 0 Medivacs when I push? Inless your an idiot and want to claim
Battle hellions and reapers are op. I went through wol in masters with still a really good winrate vs Zerg, so give me a !@#$ing break
Reply Quote

Never had an upgrade?

How is this a buff?

Yeah, it doesn't need an upgrade anymore because it was removed.
Reply Quote

BTW:
Terran buffs:

Zerg buffs:
Hydralisk move speed.
New unit the swarmhost.
Ultras are finally good.

Terran nerfs:

Zerg nerfs:

LOL that Terran list is stacked, you included dumb !@#$ like "Medivacs stayed same price", well so did your Ultras bro, wheres that in your "list"? What about the muta buff, those don't cost more?, or the Hydra?

And thors don't even have their 250mm cannons anymore.

You completely BS'ed that list man.
Reply Quote
Question:

That reactored factory in your replay, do you only make those 2 mines and leave it sitting til those 2 hellions come for the push? Or were you supposed to be sort of constantly getting some use out of it?
. Yea I really need to refine the build more. I think getting an addional 2 widow mines until the armory would be good, or just an earlier armory. Regardless I'm going to try it going 1 rax fe. The reaper opening is very intensive apm wise, so I will try it with 1 rax fe.

Was thinking the same thing, but those reapers actually did a pretty good job, I think it's great so far, just refinement like the factory idleness and such.
Reply Quote
What is your TvT build, and what is the response you always fear seeing? By far my toughest matchup
Reply Quote
What is your TvT build, and what is the response you always fear seeing? By far my toughest matchup
. Wel I posted a replay and my tvt build on the first page, so check tha out. Basically it's 2 rax reaper into mech. And to be honest th response I fear the most is the one I don't see. I don't think I have dropped a game against a single bio player yet, and tvt is my best matchup at 60%
Reply Quote
So why did you choice terran?
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 03:58 PMPosted by John
. Wel I posted a replay and my tvt build on the first page, so check tha out. Basically it's 2 rax reaper into mech. And to be honest th response I fear the most is the one I don't see. I don't think I have dropped a game against a single bio player yet, and tvt is my best matchup at 60%

that's sort of in line with how I have yet to win a bio vs mech TvT lol... probably going to have to at least embrance marine-tank if not full bio play to take on others Terran players
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 04:13 PMPosted by Alvas

that's sort of in line with how I have yet to win a bio vs mech TvT lol... probably going to have to at least embrance marine-tank if not full bio play to take on others Terran players

tanks man...are good. At least go Marine tank, or against mech marine marauder tank. Bio has a timer on it, that unless he messes up big time you lose. If he has good defense then your in trouble.
Reply Quote
So why did you choice terran?

Because i like the style and the options, and i was terran in sc1 as well.
Reply Quote
Congratulations on making Masters!

EDIT: I had a question but I saw it was answered. Thanks for the TvT tips!
Edited by JorgeCis on 3/17/2013 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Chaz
Also keep in mind, 9/10 players i played in diamond were WOL masters, its going to take a bit of time for things to even out. I think you will have a much easier time in tvz at least.

lol I'm getting slaughtered by Zerg xD

Edit: Honestly haven't won a TvZ yet.

Yeah neither have I. I think I've won like 1 TvZ. Though tonight I only faced one person that was really gold. Everyone one else was diamond last season. I feel bad for the real golds. It must be a nightmare on the ladder for them. I do Bomber's marine/tank build, but it doesn't seem to be that good now that every single Zerg seems to go ling/bling/muta. I just don't have the speed to split against banelings and its 1 A power is too strong.
Reply Quote

I don't know what you're complaining about. Zerg has been really strong for a long time. The weakest point for a Zerg is the midgame and only against a Protoss all-in. With SH that's been rectified. I would say the game feels the most balanced its ever been.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 12:54 AMPosted by Rathelm

lol I'm getting slaughtered by Zerg xD

Edit: Honestly haven't won a TvZ yet.

Yeah neither have I. I think I've won like 1 TvZ. Though tonight I only faced one person that was really gold. Everyone one else was diamond last season. I feel bad for the real golds. It must be a nightmare on the ladder for them. I do Bomber's marine/tank build, but it doesn't seem to be that good now that every single Zerg seems to go ling/bling/muta. I just don't have the speed to split against banelings and its 1 A power is too strong.

to be honest im not crazy about my WOL builds, it put zergs in a comfort zone i dont want them in.

I will try and refine the build i put up, but as it is, if you have the apm, its still a REALLY strong push.
Reply Quote
http://drop.sc/311067

optimized build guys.

Also did i mention this opens into marine tank perfectly, just switch one of the tech labs on the barracks over to the factory, and boom, your at standard 3 rax marine tank.

I literally have never failed to kill the zergs third with this build, always works.

They way i optimized it, i have

10 marauders
12 marines
7 hellbats
2 mines
3 reapers

Stim, Concus shells, and Combat shields at 10 minutes.

Downsides are late third and late upgrades.
Reply Quote
How do you feel about the masters border looking worse than the diamond one? :3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]