StarCraft® II

SO about Samir Duran and Emil Narud

Are they the same person? If so, we won't be seeing Duran again then (since Kerrigan killed him in the temple). Although if I'm wrong, Duran MIGHT make an appearance in LOTV.

Though from what I understand, they are both shapeshifters and IF they are different persons, Duran served Amon for a millennia while I think Narud served Amon for a lesser time (do correct me if I'm wrong as I am making speculations based on the campaign in HOTS and the bonus mission in Brood War)

Discuss!
Reply Quote
Are they the same person? If so, we won't be seeing Duran again then (since Kerrigan killed him in the temple). Although if I'm wrong, Duran MIGHT make an appearance in LOTV.

Though from what I understand, they are both shapeshifters and IF they are different persons, Duran served Amon for a millennia while I think Narud served Amon for a lesser time (do correct me if I'm wrong as I am making speculations based on the campaign in HOTS and the bonus mission in Brood War)

Discuss!

Stukov said Narud was responsible for his 1st death.

If you recall in BW during the raid in the Psi Disruptor, Duran was the one who shot Stukov. I think that should be a clue there...
Reply Quote
Wow feels like my questions is already answered. Though it's a bit disappointing because Duran could have been the main antagonist in LOTV or perhaps a bit of Amon
Reply Quote
Wow feels like my questions is already answered. Though it's a bit disappointing because Duran could have been the main antagonist in LOTV or perhaps a bit of Amon

Hey, you forget Amon is a god. Who's to say he can't just revive Duran by LotV anyway?
Reply Quote
Thing is we don't know what race shapeshifters are, they COULD be another form of hybrid but it's not really confirmed yet. Even though Amon is a god/Xel'Naga, he can born new Zerg and Protoss but I don't think he can reborn things that are already dead. That's like saying maybe Amon can reborn Tassadar, Fenix, the dark templar woman leader in Shakuras (forgot her name)
Reply Quote
Thing is we don't know what race shapeshifters are, they COULD be another form of hybrid but it's not really confirmed yet. Even though Amon is a god/Xel'Naga, he can born new Zerg and Protoss but I don't think he can reborn things that are already dead. That's like saying maybe Amon can reborn Tassadar, Fenix, the dark templar woman leader in Shakuras (forgot her name)

True, personally I wanted to know just WHAT Duran is....
Reply Quote

Why not just clone Duran/Narud then? Same accent, same personality, different individual. A person with godlike powers should easily be able to do that (remember the Ultralisk in the level you kill Narud that was in pieces and Kerrigan just revives it)
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure it was the same entity. It really sucks how simply and easily he died though, considering what a clever !@#$er he was in sc1.
Reply Quote
Thing is we don't know what race shapeshifters are

Changeling lol

...Kidding
Reply Quote
It was never specifically stated that Duran was Narud, and I'd be pretty disappointed if Duran died without revealing himself. I'd hope blizzard wouldn't end his story so abruptly, especially with so many fans waiting in suspense for him to come back.
Reply Quote
Narud is a palindrome of Duran, so ya, I think that is a pretty huge hint. Are we sure he's dead? Wouldn't be the first time someone in the SC universe perished and was reborn...
Reply Quote

Discuss!

I thought the claims of Duran/Narud being the same were dumb and wrong. Well, turns out they were just dumb. I had given Blizzard's storyboard writers more credit than that. I'll know not to repeat that mistake.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure it was the same entity. It really sucks how simply and easily he died though, considering what a clever !@#$er he was in sc1.

Yeah well I hope for Amon to revive him, that way he can still manipulate others in LotV.
Reply Quote
i think they are the same person. whos to say he realy died hes the portrat of brutal campain so there must be more blizzard would not be stupid w/o revealing duran he will get reveilled adventally

ecuss my spelling
Reply Quote
Duran served Amon for a millennia

"Millennia" is a plural word, so it is incorrect to say "a millennia."

"Duran served Amon for millennia" (meaning 2000 years or more) or "Duran served Amon for a millennium" (1000 years) would be correct.
Reply Quote
This
Reply Quote
Narud is a palindrome of Duran, so ya, I think that is a pretty huge hint. Are we sure he's dead? Wouldn't be the first time someone in the SC universe perished and was reborn...
This
Reply Quote
That death scene of his couldn't be a bigger fakeout if they tried. If they wanted him unambiguously and completely dead they could have had Kerrigan vaporize his body or have that big worm thing eat him. As it stands, she passes out and comes to in the hot tub on the Leviathan, no mention of her minions disposing of Narud or even finding his body.

Plus, pay close attention to the cinematic where they fight. Sarah!Narud has two big holes through her belly, but just before the scene cuts you get a little wisp of smoke out of the wounds. Regeneration? Escaping in gaseous form? Rotting? Not sure, but if they want me to believe anyone is gone for good in this universe I need confirmation and cremation, and even that didn't work for Tassadar.
Reply Quote

Discuss!

Stukov said Narud was responsible for his 1st death.

If you recall in BW during the raid in the Psi Disruptor, Duran was the one who shot Stukov. I think that should be a clue there...

Stukov did not say that. He had said that Mensk/Narud were responsible for his capture and the experiments on him with the infestation. No reference was made to his killer in the game.

There are a few on the forums that keep trying to spread this, and I have gone through the campaign multiple times paying close attention to all dialogue, this was not referenced. And that's what was so odd about it to me, people were thinking Narud/Duran are the same person and he gets killed with no closure tying the two together in the story. No confirmation at all, just speculation.

This would be such a missed opportunity in the writing that I doubt very seriously Blizzard would make this mistake.
Edited by Rezakh on 3/19/2013 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The lack of perma-death makes this story weak since it makes character deaths irrelevant and insignificant. This is the same reason I didn't like infested stukov. They only brought him back for fan service.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]