StarCraft® II

HotS thoughts

1+. I like your new balance approach. Take it slow and careful
Reply Quote
LOL

When I'm building at base, lings en mass melt everything. Everything.

GG

You are bronze, therefore you probably expand too little too late, and with not enough support to keep that base running. Please don't base you opinions on balance from anything from your gameplay experience

Silver, actually.

And league placement has nothing to do with ez pz baneling blitz.

GG
Reply Quote
when they say "nobody is close to figuring out the game yet" do they mean like they aren't using the units optimally (like infestors?

I for one would love to see david kim stream, or play a pro player (he is gm after all) and see his strategies and approach with the new units
Reply Quote

You are bronze, therefore you probably expand too little too late, and with not enough support to keep that base running. Please don't base you opinions on balance from anything from your gameplay experience

Silver, actually.

GG

One day, you will look back at this post and realize how silly it was. The funny thing about being bad is that most people don't realize how retarded they sound when spouting nonsense. In your head, what you said makes sense, but to those with a deeper understanding of the game its painfully obvious how little you understand.
Edited by HoneyBadger on 3/18/2013 9:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well they obviously have a general idea, that's why we have a game guide on battle.net.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/

Nice detailed information, but it needs to be integrated into the game with more hands on interaction. Frustration arises from lack of understanding, it is that simple. Of course you can't get rid of frustration completely but at least you can try to minimize it with design.
Reply Quote
Damn, I wish I had watched more of the tournament.
I'm curious how Zerg have been more aggressive when the other races gained stronger early defenses, but Zerg got almost nothing to help be aggressive early on.
Reply Quote
A really nice post I read on TL after MLG:

"If this tournament told us anything about balance, it's that NOTHING should be done for a while.

Widow mines v Z - Life was able to go ling baneling mutalisk against bio/mine. His mutalisks with good map control were able to stop speedvacs. Bio/mine definitely needs another few months of high level play.

Speedvacs v P - We saw MC basically destroy drop play with early Oracle harassment followed by 6 Phoenix to stop drops. He actually made TvP look P favored. Let's give speedvacs another few months as well.

Oracles v T - Obviously this is an extremely unexplored unit. MC showed us that Oracles can murder ill-prepared Ts. Please let the game unfold over the next few months.

Void rays in PvP - They really seem to dominate PvP at the moment. Not sure what else needs to be said here.

Overall, HotS is at a great place right now. Basically all the matchups are insanely fast paced and entertaining. The better player seems to win, regardless of 'OP' units. I'd really like to see Blizz leave the game alone for the next GSL, OSL, and Proleague. Except for maybe void rays. I'd also like to see Blizz do something about Corruptors and Void Rays. These units are extremely boring to watch as a spectator. If they were made to be extremely entertaining and micro-able like the new units/abilities like Vipers, Reapers, Speedvacs, Widow Mines, Mamacore, and Oracles.

I really believe that we are close to something Epic here. I daresay we are approaching a more fast paced BW. A few changes and we'll be there."
Reply Quote

Silver, actually.

GG

you are in silver, your opinion literally doesn't mean anything, you obviously have no clue how to play
Reply Quote
Thank you so much!! That’s all I’ve been asking for. It’s not that I agree or disagree with a unit being OP or UP, but that we should really take our time with making any balance changes without letting the game settle first. As we can tell from the MLG yesterday where each game was non-stop aggression most players defended very well against medivacs, WM, Oracles and VR’s.

The last thing we want is to have a unit that was going to be figured out regardless, but nerfed before hand, which resulted in a useless unit (like WoL). Or at the very least a unit that is very rarely used. If you want to maintain as many strategies as possible, then all units need to be useful.

Again, Thank you!
Reply Quote
Thank you Blizzard for this update. These are the types of things we only ask for! Keep us informed, let us know you still love ussss :D
Reply Quote
Man I’m excited, so I’m double posting. Thank you, thank you! Let’s see a few more tournaments (GSL, Proleague, OSL) first and then make the call.

You da man!
Edited by picKLes on 3/18/2013 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Mr. Kim,
thank you for your thorough diligent constant efforts to improve SC2 game play.

thanks for letting me in the beta test for HotS.

I bought HotS on release day and I've enjoyed every second playing the game.

thanks again sir.
Reply Quote
Kudos to you Blizzard.

Please don't knee-jerk nerf things too fast (think Ghost snipe nerf ;) lol).

I hope a whole slew of strategies are all viable... I just don't want to see the game end up where only one strategy/opening is viable per matchup.
Reply Quote
Like many other progamers have said, cool down is not enough for the medivacs. Yes its fun to watch, but I dont think parting enjoyed having zero opportunity to leave his base and next to no chance to defend 2 drops with 3 medivacs worth of units killing his nexus's.

Medivacs need to be like oricals and use energy in exchange for speed, a cooldown is just to silly.
Reply Quote
I'm happy with the outcome.

Let the dust settle for at least a few months.
Reply Quote
Man I’m excited, so I’m double posting. Thank you, thank you! Let’s see a few more tournaments (GSL, Proleague, OSL) first and then make the call.

You da man!
I guess that IS the reasonable course of action :P

Yeah, I still strongly feel that speedvacs are a little too much, but I will agree that we can wait and see whether I am 100% correct, or slightly correct, or completely wrong (as MC comes back with a vengeance and pwns all speedvacs with some ungodly micro/strategy :D)
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:19 AMPosted by HoneyBadger
Huge Props to you Dayvie!! HOTS is infinitely more fun to play AND watch :D

I wish this were true. That is my only issue, this expansion hasn't really changed enough. The final series between Flash and Life, looked exactly like WOL with some mines sprinkled in, which could've just as easily been tanks.

Only Protoss seems to play different in the early/mid-game.

Hopefully this changes, but I have my doubts..
Reply Quote
The only problem I've seen so far is with Ravens vs. Zerg. A huge ball of ravens represents a ridiculous amount of power, not just because of the Ravens but because it doesn't eat into Terran's main army size at all. Zerg has virtually no decent answer to the combination. Ravens may need to cost 3 supply.

Imo you should explain to people at least the general concepts of how units should be used, strengths and weaknesses.
Putting all the nuances together would take an entire book. But considering how short lived any metagame is, a magazine would be more appropriate. I'm sure players would appreciate the latest "50 micro tips to please your bonjwa" and foldouts of their favorite stars.
Reply Quote
Imo you should explain to people at least the general concepts of how units should be used, strengths and weaknesses. Having everything as a black box might be entertaining to watch on your end, but it does turn some people away.

no
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:45 AMPosted by JBangin
Huge Props to you Dayvie!! HOTS is infinitely more fun to play AND watch :D

I wish this were true. That is my only issue, this expansion hasn't really changed enough. The final series between Flash and Life, looked exactly like WOL with some mines sprinkled in, which could've just as easily been tanks.

Only Protoss seems to play different in the early/mid-game.

Hopefully this changes, but I have my doubts..

Yeah unfortunately the medivac buff really pushes forward bio play compared to mech. The mobility is just so strong.

I'm glad Blizz is actually waiting to nerf stuff and letting people figure things out. MC was doing some awesome stuff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]