StarCraft® II

Happy Ending? **Spoilers**

Dear Blizzard, I have to admit, I was a little depressed at the way the campaign ended. Jim Raynor is probably my favorite character, with Sarah a close second, and to see the result of the campaign in them once again separating, with no foreseeable future other than to kick The Voice's butt, killed me a little inside.
I know you guys hold on to your proprietary information like a Kobold to its candle, but is there a happy ending for the two? I'm one of those people who abhor sad endings or pyrrhic victories, and I freely admit I will open a book to its ending to see how it ends.
It just kills me to see Raynor go through all of this to get Kerrigan back, only for the two of them to once again be separated, and for her to once again take up the mantle of the Queen of Blades. I understand she has a destiny that needs to be fulfilled, but this seems a little cruel.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure its hinted at that there will be some sort of happy ending in Legacy of the Void. Kerrigan mentions a couple of times that the Zegara might wind up taking over the Swarm at some point, and I imagine that is the tip off.

Perhaps at some point when Amon is dead Kerrigan can probably be reset back to Human. After all Mengsk does have the artifact, might as well just charge the bugger up and just go for it yknow?
Reply Quote
You realize if there was a happy ending in that regard, people would have just complained.
Reply Quote
I like that ending,but i still hope kerrigan can go with raynor at last
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 09:40 AMPosted by Azuth
I like that ending,but i still hope kerrigan can go with raynor at last
By storytelling rules, if they get finally together, they have to die. At least to some extent.
It's like what happened to BW Queen of Blades. She fulfilled her propose by conquering everything, so she had to die at least as a persona. And so she did at the end of WoL.
Reply Quote
AGREED!! WTH!! I FEEL SO LET DOWN NOW.. I MEAN SHE JUST FLOATS AWAY AND SAYS THANK YOU? WHAT THE !@#$?!?????
Reply Quote
She obviously can't stay with Raynor. She's the zerg queen once again. Even if she can control herself without losing her mind, etc. I believe they're going to expand more onto the "end" of HotS campaign, with http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft_II:_Legacy_of_the_Void
Reply Quote
She infests Raynor to become the King of Beards
Reply Quote
While I would like a happy ending the Starcraft universe isn't exactly known for having them.
Reply Quote
Kerrigan says many times that Zegara will be leading the swarm if/when Kerrigan leaves. If Kerrigan were to have left and gone human during HotS, Amon would destroy the universe. Chances are at the end of LotV she is purged of zerg and lives happily ever after with Raynor.

Or they take the more dark approach and she sacrifices herself to save the universe. But that would be a pretty epic death.
Edited by Raolan on 3/12/2013 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Dear Blizzard, I have to admit, I was a little depressed at the way the campaign ended. Jim Raynor is probably my favorite character, with Sarah a close second, and to see the result of the campaign in them once again separating, with no foreseeable future other than to kick The Voice's butt, killed me a little inside.
I know you guys hold on to your proprietary information like a Kobold to its candle, but is there a happy ending for the two? I'm one of those people who abhor sad endings or pyrrhic victories, and I freely admit I will open a book to its ending to see how it ends.
It just kills me to see Raynor go through all of this to get Kerrigan back, only for the two of them to once again be separated, and for her to once again take up the mantle of the Queen of Blades. I understand she has a destiny that needs to be fulfilled, but this seems a little cruel.

You have to remember one thing: the trilogy isn't over yet.

Raynor and Kerrigan will return in LotV anyway, so there still has to be something to happen between them.
Reply Quote
i thought it would have been cool if say, when she rescues raynor hes practically dead from torture and his fragile human body is broken. So she decides to turn him zerg :) he could have been the opposite of her and just been brute force like a ultra. , he comes in at the end of the game transformed and still saves her, he floats her away in his arms, they live happily ever after muwhahahahahah
Reply Quote
I hope to god for a happy ever after ending for Kerrigan and Jim. I'm a sucker for a good love story, but I don't think it is even possible for Kerrigan to be human again. The reason the artifact worked on her before is because she had the influence of Amon, and that is what it was purging from her the first time she was able to turn back to human. Correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Also it seems too good to be true for Kerrigan to go back and forth so many times. I mean it seems like a miracle that she turned back into a human once let alone twice.

As for the whole infesting Jim and both of them can be zerglovemates I don't think that'll happen either. Unless they decide to have Jim have a fatal incident in which that will be the only way he lives. Even then I think it would be completely out of character for Jim and Kerrigan to be ok with infesting Jim. Jim wouldn't want to ever be infested, and Kerrigan would respect that Jim would never want to be infested.

As for Kerrigan talking to her successor I honestly think that Kerrigan will end up sacrificing herself/dieing in the next game as this type of an incident provides a sad that it didn't work out the way they wanted it to closure to the love story, a happy ending for the main story, and stays in character in my opinion.

Please let me know what you think about my thoughts.
Reply Quote
I'd actually be really glad at this point if one or both of them died. Then the story would be a little more natural and less predictable. Right now it feels too much like they're forcing the story to fit the game. "We need zerg to be strong and Sarah has to be the main character so she has to go full zerg again. Yea, that's the way we gotta do it. No way around it." Saw it coming long before the game was even in beta. So yea, Sarah dying would be a nice touch. Save poor Jim the trouble of ever trying to humanize her again.
Reply Quote

I think it's kinda obvious they'll meet again against Amon. . . It's no big secret this is going to be all 3 races against the Hybrids in the end.
Reply Quote
I hope to god for a happy ever after ending for Kerrigan and Jim. I'm a sucker for a good love story, but I don't think it is even possible for Kerrigan to be human again. The reason the artifact worked on her before is because she had the influence of Amon, and that is what it was purging from her the first time she was able to turn back to human. Correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Also it seems too good to be true for Kerrigan to go back and forth so many times. I mean it seems like a miracle that she turned back into a human once let alone twice.

As for the whole infesting Jim and both of them can be zerglovemates I don't think that'll happen either. Unless they decide to have Jim have a fatal incident in which that will be the only way he lives. Even then I think it would be completely out of character for Jim and Kerrigan to be ok with infesting Jim. Jim wouldn't want to ever be infested, and Kerrigan would respect that Jim would never want to be infested.

As for Kerrigan talking to her successor I honestly think that Kerrigan will end up sacrificing herself/dieing in the next game as this type of an incident provides a sad that it didn't work out the way they wanted it to closure to the love story, a happy ending for the main story, and stays in character in my opinion.

Please let me know what you think about my thoughts.

What I hope to see happen is a novel to bridge HotS and LotV.

My hope in that novel between them is for Raynor and Kerrigan to embrace, and for Kerrigan to tell Raynor that she would never renounce him, nor would she ever forget him.

And that once this all blows over, she'll come back for him.

But that's just my hope. Again, we don't know what roles they'll play in LotV yet.
Reply Quote
AGREED!! WTH!! I FEEL SO LET DOWN NOW.. I MEAN SHE JUST FLOATS AWAY AND SAYS THANK YOU? WHAT THE !@#$?!?????

Thanks Jim, but I must go now. My planet needs me.
Edited by TornadoXIII on 3/13/2013 6:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Pfft. In comparison to the previous games, that WAS a happy ending. Both of them leaving on good terms, is the best you could hope from their relationship. At least she isn't killing his friends anymore.
Reply Quote
Pfft. In comparison to the previous games, that WAS a happy ending. Both of them leaving on good terms, is the best you could hope from their relationship. At least she isn't killing his friends anymore.

Yeah and Raynor accepted her leaving for now as necessary for the greater good. I'm sure he still wants to get together with her in the future, but that can't be right this second.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]