Happy Ending? **Spoilers**

I hope she dies... either dishonorably by treachery or honorably by sacrifice.

En taro Fenix!!!

(( Some friend Jimmy is... he vowed to avenge Fenix... thinking with his #@@#%*#* instead ))

Besides, EVEN if Raynor and Kerrigan get together... she isn't going to be human again with ahem human intimate parts, so beats the point of procreation or starting a family.

Jimmy should have settled with that scientist chick in Agria. My 2 cents.
Reply Quote

Well, hatred does make you do irrational things. Look, Kerrigan told Izsha that despite killing those that get in her way, it doesn't mean she doesn't show regret.

So, I believe when it came to killing the Dominion troops that defended Mengsk, she still did show some regret for them.

So those protoss colonists fleeing from their lives in the third ice mission were getting in her way? She seemed to come to the conclusion rather quickly that the only option for her was to kill them all.

And that had nothing to do with anger or irrationality, she carefully planned how she would infiltrate their vessel and murder everyone.

No, with the Protoss it's because she doesn't want them to contact Shakuras.

Her mentality towards the Protoss in HotS is this: I'm not here to fight you, so if you stay out of my way, everything will be fine. But if you choose to fight, thing'll get very nasty.
Reply Quote

Well, hatred does make you do irrational things. Look, Kerrigan told Izsha that despite killing those that get in her way, it doesn't mean she doesn't show regret.

So, I believe when it came to killing the Dominion troops that defended Mengsk, she still did show some regret for them.

Yes very irrational she blames Mengsk for getting her infested yet she was all to willing to commit the exact same crime against other humans to get at Mengsk.
Reply Quote

Yes very irrational she blames Mengsk for getting her infested yet she was all to willing to commit the exact same crime against other humans to get at Mengsk.

This, a thousands times this.

I actually hold more contempt for Kerrigan than I do for Mengsk.
Reply Quote

Well, you have to look at it another way.

Remember how upset the Raiders were in WoL when Raynor agreed to the alliance with Valerian?

The problem with Raynor's revolution is that they rebelled against the Dominion for so long, they convinced themselves that anyone in the Dominion has to be exactly like Mengsk.

It's possible Kerrigan had the same mentality at that time.
Reply Quote

Remember how upset the Raiders were in WoL when Raynor agreed to the alliance with Valerian?

The problem with Raynor's revolution is that they rebelled against the Dominion for so long, they convinced themselves that anyone in the Dominion has to be exactly like Mengsk.

Isn't that's the same kind of reasoning Hittler used with Jews?:P Some Jews killed Jesus so all Jews are guilty of killing Jesus?...yeah that justification of Kerrigan's actions just doesn't work for me. Besides if she truly felt that way why then did she let Warfield's men go before that.
Edited by VonFoxFire on 3/14/2013 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Isn't that's the same kind of reasoning Hittler used with Jews?:P Some Jews killed Jesus so all Jews are guilty of killing Jesus?...yeah that justification of Kerrigan's actions just doesn't work for me. Besides if she truly felt that way why then did she let Warfield's men go before that.

Well if you go by that mentality, then you can also argue that US troops killed regular German civilians in 1945 when they invaded Germany because to them, "Germans" and "!@#$s" mean the exact same thing.

And for your Q, she let Warfield's men go because he told her "What if Raynor could see you now?" Yes, she killed him in anger, but then let his words sink in and realized if Raynor was alive, he wouldn't approve of such a thing.
Edited by ragnarok on 3/14/2013 6:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote

And for your Q, she let Warfield's men go because he told her "What if Raynor could see you now?" Yes, she killed him in anger, but then let his words sink in and realized if Raynor was alive, he wouldn't approve of such a thing.

Okay then explain to me why she infested unarmed prisoners too they clearly weren't affiliated with Mengsk nor a threat to her.
Edited by VonFoxFire on 3/14/2013 4:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Whatever you do, Blizz

Don't pull a Bioware/ME3
Reply Quote

Okay then explain to me why she infested unarmed prisoners too they clearly weren't affiliated with Mengsk nor a threat to her.

Are you talking about the level where she was busting Raynor out? I think at that point, her obsession was only saving Raynor's life, no matter the cost. If a few prisoners had to be infested to boost her numbers enough to get Raynor out, then so be it.
Reply Quote

Are you talking about the level where she was busting Raynor out? I think at that point, her obsession was only saving Raynor's life, no matter the cost. If a few prisoners had to be infested to boost her numbers enough to get Raynor out, then so be it.

Also that was a choice the player was given not something you had to do. I chose not to do it on my playthrough. If you did it you only have yourself to blame.
Reply Quote

Also that was a choice the player was given not something you had to do. I chose not to do it on my playthrough. If you did it you only have yourself to blame.

True, and if you recall in one of the missions where Kerrigan was speaking to Abathur, she told him from this point on, there will be no more experimentation on terrans.

That proved she still have a sense of morality, even though she was still being driven by revenge. It showed that she had become disgusted with the way the infestation was doing.
Reply Quote

I keep telling you she's not a monster. From the beginning of her life all the way to HotS, Kerrigan has never had her own choices, it's always been someone else pulling the string.

I don't know looks aside her personality seemed pretty monstrous to me. Lets put things in perspective here what did Mengsk really do to her? He left her for dead granted with the intent to have her killed but he didn't torture her , he didn't turn her into a zerg he just left her. The earth equivalent would be a company commander leaving a man behind in war because they threatened to expose them for misconduct. Would that justify the person using a Nuclear bomb to kill millions just to get at that man , I think not. It's no different to how Kerrigan is acting she should know better but she doesn't care and that makes her a monster.

Actually her problem with Mengsk that causes her to desire revenge so much is his relentless pursuit of her even when she was no longer the Queen of Blades. A pursuit that got a lot of people killed. Even for a while she thought it had gotten Jim killed.

Though I will admit that it wasn't really explained great in the game if you really want to understand what drives her so much for revenge then you really need to read the novel Flashpoint.

Though she did kinda explain it in the game when she was asked why she was so determined to hunt people down she said something along the lines of "Because I have learned that my enemies will never stop hunting me"
Reply Quote

I generally assume that the heroes always complete the bonus objectives:P
Reply Quote

It wasn't actually a bonus objective. The bonus objective of that level was to grab the data. Investing the Terrans was just an option to make a part of the level easier.
Reply Quote

It wasn't actually a bonus objective. The bonus objective of that level was to grab the data. Investing the Terrans was just an option to make a part of the level easier.

Yeah trust me, if you choose to do this, you should only do it in Brutal. All the other difficulties, if you have a sense of morality, you shouldn't even think about it.
Reply Quote

Well same thing it's still bonus content even if it's not a bonus objective.
Edited by VonFoxFire on 3/14/2013 6:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Well since Valerian said "The choice is yours" I assume that to be a moral choice content not bonus content.
Reply Quote

Well since Valerian said "The choice is yours" I assume that to be a moral choice content not bonus content.

Possibly, and it proved Valerian was better by letting you choose instead of just saying that's what you SHOULD be doing...
Reply Quote

Perhaps I can't really say either way. Would be nice to know if it was the cannon choice or not but I'm doubtful we'll ever get confirmation on that.
Edited by VonFoxFire on 3/14/2013 7:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]