StarCraft® II

Happy Ending? **Spoilers**

No offense, but why is everyone so obsessed with the Raynor Kerrigan relationship? This is a game about total galactic wars, leaders have to make decisions to help their people, not get involved with some lovey dovey affair. After the war, sure, those two can go all Zerg-Terran bowchikabowwow, but until then, this is StarCraft, not Twilight in space.
Reply Quote
I really hope Jim is put in a situation where he has to keep his promise and kill Kerrigan. That would be legit. Who says stories have to be happy to be good?
Edited by Flopjack on 3/17/2013 5:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In all likelihood they have a base script written but not the specifics, sort of like an outline of how they want things to go, and probably wanted to gauge fanbase reaction to HotS before setting anything in stone to see what fans liked, didn't like, etc. I will hold out hope for a feel-good ending for Raynor & Kerrigan.
yes I would like that as well
Reply Quote
No offense, but why is everyone so obsessed with the Raynor Kerrigan relationship? This is a game about total galactic wars, leaders have to make decisions to help their people, not get involved with some lovey dovey affair. After the war, sure, those two can go all Zerg-Terran bowchikabowwow, but until then, this is StarCraft, not Twilight in space.

Well, Chris Metzen said that Starcraft's backbone is a love story, and I believe that its a pretty interesting one. And who said that grown men can't enjoy a good love story.
Reply Quote
I give Blizzard props for making their characters feel a little more real due to aging and stuff like that. You can see stress in Jim's face. That's good, but Starcraft 1 disagrees about it being a love story. The backbone of the story is point of view on the galactic issues, and the theme is war. It was more of a story about politics than anything.
Edited by Flopjack on 3/17/2013 6:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I give Blizzard props for making their characters feel a little more real due to aging and stuff like that. You can see stress in Jim's face. That's good, but Starcraft 1 disagrees about it being a love story. The backbone of the story is point of view on the galactic issues, and the theme is war. It was more of a story about politics than anything.

But Chris said so...
But we really need Blizzard to see the happy ending idea
Reply Quote

Yeah so do I, but I have a feeling Blizzard has already got the LotV ending written.

Then again, I'm pretty sure they will side with the fans and they could change the script easily because they proabbyl didn't make the cinematics for the end yet right? They just started working on LoTV. Also, I hope they learn from ME3

Oh really? You forget the leaked HotS ending was made back in 2009, before WoL even came out. They only changed it slightly from the real HotS ending.

What makes you think they'll do differently for LotV?
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 04:36 PMPosted by luotian

Well, Chris Metzen said that Starcraft's backbone is a love story, and I believe that its a pretty interesting one. And who said that grown men can't enjoy a good love story.

Backbone is a love story means NOTHING. How do you know that his version of "a love story" also means "a happy ending"?
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 06:24 PMPosted by luotian
But Chris said so...
He says a lot of things. ;) Just because someone's in change doesn't mean they know what's best. I love Starcraft (gameplay), but I don't think the story telling is very strong.
Reply Quote
As much as I would like it to happen, I don't think realistically Jim and Sarah will share their lives together after LOTV, the story is just not heading in that direction. As sad as that is, it's no where near as sad as one of them perishing while the other remains alive only to be haunted by their love's death.

So the happiest ending actually is for them both to die, not in a sad tragic way, but in a heroic honorable way, maybe even holding hands and !@#$. If they can't share their lives together, sharing their deaths would be beautiful in its own way.

Think Neo and Trinity from the Matrix Trilogy. They both died at the end, forever together.
Reply Quote
As much as I would like it to happen, I don't think realistically Jim and Sarah will share their lives together after LOTV, the story is just not heading in that direction. As sad as that is, it's no where near as sad as one of them perishing while the other remains alive only to be haunted by their love's death.

So the happiest ending actually is for them both to die, not in a sad tragic way, but in a heroic honorable way, maybe even holding hands and !@#$. If they can't share their lives together, sharing their deaths would be beautiful in its own way.

Think Neo and Trinity from the Matrix Trilogy. They both died at the end, forever together.

Actually the Oracle DID say they'd see Neo again someday, so only Trinity's death is official.
Reply Quote

I want to Jim and Sarah to be together cuz it just seems too cruel for Blizzard to let Jim see Sarah die after he did.
Reply Quote

I want to Jim and Sarah to be together cuz it just seems too cruel for Blizzard to let Jim see Sarah die after he did.

That's obvious. Look, we can wait for info for LotV first. All we know at this point is Raynor and Kerrigan will both be back in that game, nothing more.
Reply Quote

That's obvious. Look, we can wait for info for LotV first. All we know at this point is Raynor and Kerrigan will both be back in that game, nothing more.

I want them to be together like they were when they were with Sons of Korhal
Reply Quote
Guys, I made a poll
Plz vote
We need as much support as we can get to make Blizzard see :)
Hope the Happy ending wins!!!

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8198643001
Reply Quote
Guys, I made a poll
Plz vote
We need as much support as we can get to make Blizzard see :)
Hope the Happy ending wins!!!

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8198643001

I put happy ending in there. But a bigger Q is: would Blizzard even NOTICE the poll?
Reply Quote
I hope they do!
Reply Quote
I hope they do!

The biggest problem is we don't know how much Blizzard has worked on LotV yet, what if they already have their ending written?
Reply Quote
I haven't seen anyone even consider the option that Kerrigan may just evolve again, this time into something more Raynor-Friendly.

Thye whole second game is about her amassing personal power to recover the Zerg, who's to say her last form is her current one?
Reply Quote
Interesting.... that could be a possibility. Yeah, I'm actually hoping another novelization is produced before the release of LotV.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]