StarCraft® II

Widow Mines Bug?

In one of my most recent games, I placed 2 Widow mines on a ramp as first line of defense for my tank lines. Soon after a Large wave of Speedlings simply ran right past the burrowed mines and nothing happened. Apparently Speedlings run so fast they can avoid triggering the Widow Mine attack? Can someone confirm for me if this is a bug or it is intended that Widow mines are useless against Speedlings that run in straight line?
Reply Quote
In one of my most recent games, I placed 2 Widow mines on a ramp as first line of defense for my tank lines. Soon after a Large wave of Speedlings simply ran right past the burrowed mines and nothing happened. Apparently Speedlings run so fast they can avoid triggering the Widow Mine attack? Can someone confirm for me if this is a bug or it is intended that Widow mines are useless against Speedlings that run in straight line?

Yeah. This is a feature.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]