StarCraft® II

Master Archives for Wings of Liberty

Seeing this feature in Heart of the Swarm really got me wishing we had it for Wings of Liberty. For one, we lose our recorded best times every time we start a new campaign. Also, if we want to play through with a new tech choice we have to start all the way over and play through. That's not fun. :(

I hope we can see a Master Archives feature added for Wings of Liberty in a future patch.
Edited by DrCheis on 4/2/2013 9:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
this is actually what I came in here to ask for :P

Also I would love it if the Cutscenes that are on the maps could be pre-rendered so they are high quality for everyone, This wouldnt take too terribly long, it wouldjust be removing a trigger and recording the video.
Reply Quote
Also I would love it if the Cutscenes that are on the maps could be pre-rendered so they are high quality for everyone, This wouldnt take too terribly long, it wouldjust be removing a trigger and recording the video.

I have mixed feelings about this one. When I had a not-so-good computer I wanted this feature. Now that I have a good computer, I wish it was back the way it was in Wings of Liberty. There are some pretty visible signs of video compression and a different framerate from what you'd see in-game (assuming you have a good computer).

One problem with doing Wings of Liberty cinematics as pre-recorded is that there are a lot of background elements/decorations that change depending on which missions you've chosen to complete. The confrontation between (spoiler alert) Hanson and Raynor in the science lab for example can look any number of ways depending on how many artifact pieces are collected, the state of Protoss and Zerg research, and if Zeratul has given you the crystal yet.
Reply Quote
Yes! I would love to see the Master Archives for the WoL campaign. I hate having to start all the way over and I would love to have one place with all my best times and from where I can try everything with different tech.
Reply Quote
Yes! I would love to see the Master Archives for the WoL campaign. I hate having to start all the way over and I would love to have one place with all my best times and from where I can try everything with different tech.

There already is a master Archives its just not permanant like HoTS, in WoL if you beat the game and hit continue its there. BUt if you hit new game its gone.
Reply Quote
Yes but in WoL you're stuck with whatever tech you chose, you can't choose anything differently unless you start a new file. And if I remember right the times it keeps are per file so every time you start anew you can't try to beat your old times.
Reply Quote
Yes but in WoL you're stuck with whatever tech you chose, you can't choose anything differently unless you start a new file. And if I remember right the times it keeps are per file so every time you start anew you can't try to beat your old times.

Correct. Also, with the HotS Masters Archive when you play a mission you'll have access to all the units you would if you had completed every other mission prior. (For example, if you play a Char mission, you'll have the units as if you had already completed missions on 2 other planets, even if Char was the first planet you chose to visit on the Leviathan.)
Reply Quote
I also came here to ask for this feature!
Reply Quote
Yeah I was disappointed to see it wasn't available for Wings of Liberty campaign. I hope they add it, and that it looks to see if you completed Brutal already, and just unlocks all missions/tech if you have so we don't have to do it again. I would also like to see Mastery achievements for it too. Granted it had Hard only achievements in the missions but i'm sure they could add a bunch of new achievements.
Reply Quote
Another interesting thing is that you can use unit morphs on your first mission with a unit. So you can use deep-burrow on your first swarm host mission.
Reply Quote
Master Archives for Wings of Liberty!!! How can we make the Starcraft staff read this, because i know they read forums. We need to make it viral!
Reply Quote
How can we make the Starcraft staff read this

Chances are, they already have, or will have had the fact that there has been a request for this feature forwarded to them by the mod/community team. Whether that materializes into the feature being added or not is another matter.
Reply Quote
I think it would make wings too easy... except for all-in. You make the wrong chances in all-in and you get buttfked.

Being able to change ALL of your choices in HoTS except for evolutions made the campaign a breeze.
Reply Quote
Yeah. I kinda wish they kept the older system for Kerrigan's abilities but alas.

Heck, there were a number of things I wish they didn't cut.
But the campaign was still decent nonetheless.
Reply Quote
Fist off i think it would be nice to have a master archive button(or function) in WoL, I just believe the implementation may be the tricky part.

would they just put in a button so we can do what we did in the campaign as is or would they make it like HOTS, all permanent upgrades changeable. then again there is the credit lock up in WoL, where you can get so many upgrades with the credit limitation, this might be why we never see a master archive like HOTS.

personally I think it would be cool to try different "permanent"
upgrades with out having to to do it all over again and again just to see that outcome.
Edited by Kiber on 3/24/2013 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
would they just put in a button so we can do what we did in the campaign as is or would they make it like HOTS, all permanent upgrades changeable. then again there is the credit lock up in WoL, where you can get so many upgrades with the credit limitation, this might be why we never see a master archive like HOTS.

personally I think it would be cool to try different "permanent"
upgrades with out having to to do it all over again and again just to see that outcome.

I've been thinking about it, and I figure it would work like this:
  • For missions that take place after the Tosh/Nova mission, you are given the option of selecting Ghosts or Specters, and armory upgrades will reflect this selection.
  • You are given X credits to spend, depending on the maximum number of possible credits you could have earned prior to that mission. They can be spent on mercs and/or armory upgrades.
  • You are then given P and Z Protoss and Zerg research points for the maximum number of Protoss and Zerg research points you could have earned prior to this mission. For missions that take place after the Haven missions, but before maxing out Zerg and Protoss research points, the player is given the option of picking bonus research points for either Zerg or Protoss. If this puts their total above the maximum research, the player will be notified that excess research points will be converted to credits, and shown how many credits that selection would be worth.
  • Finally, for All In, you are given the option of playing with either the Nydus Network destroyed, or the Infested Platform destroyed.
  • No doubt it's a bit trickier to program than HotS, but it is logical.

Trying different permanent upgrades is a huge appeal. I can say there are a lot of upgrades I look at and say "man that upgrade looks like it would be so useless except in maybe this one specific situation." Hercules, really? Drop pods at the cost of the Tech Reactor? There are missions where I'd love to have those selections, but I'm not going to want to play some of the harder ones while stuck with those choices. And who infests in reapers knowing they're going to be invested in defense for the final mission?
    Reply Quote
    Yes! Make it happen, please!
    Reply Quote
    +1
    Reply Quote
    Yes, I wants it!
    Reply Quote
    I doubt Blizzard would want to spend more time on WoL. HotS is where it's at now.
    There are probably people who could make custom maps with this.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]