Master Archives for Wings of Liberty

Another interesting thing is that you can use unit morphs on your first mission with a unit. So you can use deep-burrow on your first swarm host mission.

I have not experienced this. I have no option to select evolution (either temporary or permanent) in the mission "The Crucible" when playing Masters Archive.
Reply Quote
Yes Please
Reply Quote
That would be awesome if WoL had this feature.
Reply Quote
Edited title, changed from "Masters Archive" to the correct "Master Archives."
Reply Quote
Sounds awesome. Would utilize and appreciate this feature.
Reply Quote
Yes!!! I came here just to ask for this. This is the one thing I would like most to see in an update. I'd love to be able to replay old missions with the new units and different researches!
Reply Quote
I asked Dustin Browder about this on Twitter but alas I have yet to get a reply. :(
Reply Quote
I asked Dustin Browder about this on Twitter but alas I have yet to get a reply. :(

Does Browder typically talk about single player features? I don't follow Starcraft news as closely as Warcraft, but I always got the sense he was more of a multiplayer guy.
Reply Quote
Well, Dustin Browder is the lead game designer after all. The reason why he talks more about multiplayer is probably because that's what gets updated the most.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 4/6/2013 6:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard should seek the perfection. Upgrading the functionality of WoL campaign as good as HoTS is a good way to start!
Reply Quote
Having to start from the first mission over and over again is tedious.

Masters Archives is a great idea and would do good to be included in WoL and LotV.

Also, the lost viking should be included in the archive.

We should have access to the campaign content, like in HotS, even after completing it!
Reply Quote
I would also like to see the game get it's HD treatment that we got in HOTS. Going back to WoL makes everything look grainy.
Reply Quote
I would also like to see the game get it's HD treatment that we got in HOTS. Going back to WoL makes everything look grainy.

What do you mean by HD treatment? Have you selected "High" for Movie quality? (Options -> General)
Edited by DrCheis on 4/9/2013 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 03:21 PMPosted by DrCheis

What do you mean by HD treatment? Have you selected "High" for Movie quality? (Options -> General)

In game physics and all the shininess added from HOTS. Last I checked, WoL doesn't use any of it.
Edited by Zemini on 4/10/2013 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote

In game physics and all the shininess added from HOTS. Last I checked, WoL doesn't use any of it.

if you are talking about the rag dolls,select all army units, select workers not in action, they are in WoL campaign, or what are you talking about for in-game physics and shinnies?
Edited by Kiber on 4/10/2013 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think Heart of the Swarm has some fancy graphical features that are specific to the individual map, so those features wouldn't be present in Wings of Liberty missions. I have no idea what those features are though. I'd love to see a comparison video to see them.

edit: oh hey anniversary portraits show up in the forums now!
Edited by DrCheis on 4/10/2013 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
master archives would be very complex on WoL simply because of how dynamic the missions/story is in wol compared to the linearity of hots
Reply Quote

if you are talking about the rag dolls,select all army units, select workers not in action, they are in WoL campaign, or what are you talking about for in-game physics and shinnies?

After playing a lot of HOTS 1v1 and SP i went back to do a couple missions for fun. The game, such as the Command Center and Marines, did in fact looked dull and grainy in comparison.
Reply Quote
After playing a lot of HOTS 1v1 and SP i went back to do a couple missions for fun. The game, such as the Command Center and Marines, did in fact looked dull and grainy in comparison.

Curious. I've never noticed. I'd love to see a screenshot comparison.

master archives would be very complex on WoL simply because of how dynamic the missions/story is in wol compared to the linearity of hots

True, but they already have a system that can calculate resources based on missions completed. If you use the LeaveYourSleep cheat code, you're presented with this menu
http://www.gamer-source.com/image/news/2010/8-14/campaign-map.png
A Master Archive would just pick the progression option that allows for maximum number of missions completed prior to the selected mission. Probably easier to manually assign these than program an algorithm to calculate it for each one.
Reply Quote
Looking at "Welcome to the Jungle" compared to "Old Soldiers," the lighting does pop out more on the Heart of the Swarm map. I'd guess it's due to the way the environment of that mission was constructed, possibly the tileset in general.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]