StarCraft® II

Your Favorite Quote

When Tychus says:

"What we got here is the biggest turkey shoot in the whole damn galaxy!"

Hilarious

Well if we are including WoL:

Tychus: "I just wish this thing came with an instruction book. For all we know, we could be upsettin' the entire space-time continuum!"
Raynor: "Easy Tychus - This ain't science fiction"
Reply Quote
When Tychus says:

"What we got here is the biggest turkey shoot in the whole damn galaxy!"

Hilarious

Well if we are including WoL:

Tychus: "I just wish this thing came with an instruction book. For all we know, we could be upsettin' the entire space-time continuum!"
Raynor: "Easy Tychus - This ain't science fiction"

Tychus' voice actor was fantastic.

His "I made a deal with the devil" speech in the final cinematic was so well delivered.
Reply Quote
If we can include WoL: "You'll see that better future Matt. But it ain't for the likes of us."
Reply Quote
Horner : "Hit that bulls eye and the dominos will fall like a house of cards ... checkmate!"

Can't emphasize enough how funny i found that one. made me keel over laughing. ohh lord... Okay i'm done.
Reply Quote
In the mission where you control Stukov, if you click on him enough, he'll say:

"Some days I miss vodka. Like today, for example."

LOL, Im gonna check it right now.
Reply Quote
If we can include WoL: "You'll see that better future Matt. But it ain't for the likes of us."

That one was great.

My favorite, though:

"Kerrigan. You listen to me. I have three shuttles packed with men too injured to ever be a threat to you. Husbands. Fathers. You let those shuttles go, you hear me?"

*silence*

"You !@#$%. You're not even human anymore. You betrayed us all, for what? Petty revenge? How many innocents have you killed? How many more have to die? What if Raynor could see you right now..."

Warfield was a badass.
Edited by Coppermantis on 3/21/2013 12:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote

"You !@#$%. You're not even human anymore. You betrayed us all, for what? Petty revenge? How many innocents have you killed? How many more have to die? What if Raynor could see you right now..."

Warfield was a badass.

Indeed. Too bad Kerrigan could not control herself and killed him instead of taking him prisoner.
Reply Quote
One of my favorites was in the Believe in me cinematic
Jim: We're done........ and he walks away like a badass

More like wallks away like a jerk

I mean he didnt even to bother to ask why she re infested herself ......
Reply Quote
As much as I want to pick something serious, the first thing that comes to mind is Valerian on Mira Han.

"She is very strange."

Just the way he says it. Brilliant.

Another one like that in the LabRat mission:

The gas is hurting my zerglings!

Says the human kerrigan in a loving motherly way about a group of monstrous zerglings.

Indeed. Too bad Kerrigan could not control herself and killed him instead of taking him prisoner.

He made the mistake of mentioning Raynor to guilt her conscious while she thinks dominion has already killed him. She might have left him alone otherwise but he was dead anyway. Two huge poles penetrated his chest. She did him a favor by putting him out of his misery. But yea loved the whole scene and its dialog.

Arcturus: I made you into a monster
Kerrigan: You made us all into monsters

I love the fact that right after kerrigan says that she raises her had to his face and her hand truly looks monstrous. Big fangs as nails, blotchy and blood colored skin all right off a horror movie.

Thank god her face was left alone for the most part in the mutation process, all her other parts look monstrous indeed.
Edited by DaveRoid on 3/21/2013 3:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
"THIS AIN'T FAIR!!"

Said the marine to the bouncing banelings.
Reply Quote

I liked this quote very much. The whole cinematic after the Breakout mission is quite interesting and contains much depth.

I wonder if Matt Horner is going to become Prime Minister (or something similar) of the new Terran Dominion. Matt Horner as Prime Minister with Valerian as Emperor would be quite great to see. Hopefully they will ignite a Terran renaissance after the stifling rule of the Confederacy and then Arcturus. I hope that both of these characters appear in the final Legacy of the Void mission.

Also found interesting many of the Mengsk Korhal quotes in HotS. Some of his lines are efforts to influence Kerrigan's mental state and weaken her resolve during the Korhal battles while other lines he states are the product of his characteristic rage when threatened (especially when his power is threatened). The message that Arcturus was broadcasting out to the Terran Dominion is actually crafted in such a way as to emphasize that Mengsk is trying to call help from Terran-humanity by emphasizing core human themes ("Come men, defend your home").

In WoL the player is fighting Zerg in the final missions and their distinguishing characeristics are mostly obvious. In HotS, Arcturus draws mostly from the powers of his human empire yet presents a threat to Kerrigan and the Zerg.
Edited by LuminousFrog on 3/21/2013 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
"Confirm?"

"Confirmed."

Great delivery. Determined and pissed-off. Loved it.
Edited by BOLERO on 3/21/2013 3:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
"THIS AIN'T FAIR!!"

Said the marine to the bouncing banelings.

That one was pretty great too.
Reply Quote
"Tell that to Fenix!" got chills when i heard that whole conversation.
Reply Quote
"My pleasure, darlin'. Always was."
Reply Quote
Not my favorite, but I really liked that it began and ended with the words "I am the Swarm." It's a common enough writing mechanic, sure, but it was very effective here, and I really liked how much the meaning had changed between each time it was said.
Reply Quote

Arcturus: I made you into a monster
Kerrigan: You made us all into monsters

I love the fact that right after kerrigan says that she raises her had to his face and her hand truly looks monstrous. Big fangs as nails, blotchy and blood colored skin all right off a horror movie.

Thank god her face was left alone for the most part in the mutation process, all her other parts look monstrous indeed.

I think both Arcturus and Kerrigan were referring to actions rather than looks.
Reply Quote
I think it was on the prison breakout mission.

One of the Dominion marines "Aww screw this!". and runs away.
Reply Quote
Kerrigan: ''You know, sometimes you're not that bad, Abathur''.

Abathur: ''Unclear".
Reply Quote
Kerrigan (innocently): "I need an Overlord to morph anything else"

Valerian: "Do it then. One overlord can't hurt."

My reaction: IT BEGINS...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]