StarCraft® II

HoTs ending disappointing?

I don't know about the rest of you guys/girls, but i'm just annoyed with the ending of HoTs.. I mean really in WoL the whole D*#$ time we are gathering the Xel'Naga artifacts to freaking change Sarah back and it just goes to waste.. I mean c'mon... what a waste! Let me know what people think, maybe if i got some more feedback and a better understanding of this it will let me look at things a little different, but idk i just hate the fact that sarah is the queen of blades again. Pretty much made WoL pointless everything we did do make her human was just a waste..
Reply Quote
I also thought it was silly to retcon the whole thing and change her back.... Particularly when for some reason her primal zerg form looks exactly like the corrupt zerg form. even though the primal zerg look nothing like the corrupt zerg.
Reply Quote
It wasn't pointless as in it changed Sarah back to having her humanity. Did you not notice how different she was from the queen of blades? One example being sparing the people of Korhal at the end of the game. She is no longer the queen of blades she is still Sarah. Just modified by the pool on the primal planet.
Reply Quote
I did notice, you're right she is more human, i don't know lol i still just don't like the fact that she is "Zerg". I'd rather see Sarah as a human again. I mean that was the whole plot in WoL to get her back to normal. I would think Sarah/Jim and the Hyperion crew would be able to take on Amon (Sarah being human). Raynor went to Char and owned up the zerg. I was just really hoping for Sarah to be human again, i thought thats what the xel'naga relics were suppose to do change her back... while it did.. it didn't last long and that's why i'm disappointed.
Reply Quote
I don't know about the rest of you guys/girls, but i'm just annoyed with the ending of HoTs.. I mean really in WoL the whole D*#$ time we are gathering the Xel'Naga artifacts to freaking change Sarah back and it just goes to waste.. I mean c'mon... what a waste! Let me know what people think, maybe if i got some more feedback and a better understanding of this it will let me look at things a little different, but idk i just hate the fact that sarah is the queen of blades again. Pretty much made WoL pointless everything we did do make her human was just a waste..

You didn't understand the story.

The purpose of the Artifact was to destroy zerg matter and absorb that energy. The fact that it absorbed the Queen of Blade's energy gave it enough power to restore Amon. So what happened at the end of WoL was pivotal.

Moreover, Amon corrupted the swarm to serve his needs by creating a hive mind. Primal zerg have no hive mind. So now that Kerrigan has taken the power of the primal zerg she is freed of Amon's influence and the zerg are freed from having a hive mind. She now has complete free will. And that's what will be needed to defeat Amon.
Edited by Symplectic on 3/13/2013 3:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well my problem with the story is its predictability! WoL was much more thought out and random.. this felt like a rail shooter.
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 03:17 AMPosted by Symplectic

You didn't understand the story.

The purpose of the Artifact was to destroy zerg matter and absorb that energy. The fact that it absorbed the Queen of Blade's energy gave it enough power to restore Amon. So what happened at the end of WoL was pivotal.

Moreover, Amon corrupted the swarm to serve his needs by creating a hive mind. Primal zerg have no hive mind. So now that Kerrigan has taken the power of the primal zerg she is freed of Amon's influence and the zerg are freed from having a hive mind. She now has complete free will. And that's what will be needed to defeat Amon.

Okay I understand. That makes sense, haha i'm still torn that shes not human. I would think with her free will she would want to be human again. I mean this whole thing of Jim and Sarah is a huge part of Starcraft. I would think after everything she would wan't to be human again or find a solution how to be.
Reply Quote
she just wants revenge and doesnt care what the cost is, so the transformation doesnt really bother me that much, the only thing that confuses me a lot is at the very end of the game sarah just says that she CHOOSE to give up all and become a zerg and face HER true enemy, im not sure this is the TRUE sarah speaking or just the influences of the new transformation.
and who is the TRUE sarah? is she really back after WoL? why she chooses to be a REAL zerg? her identity is one thing that confuses me the most throughout the whole campaign cuz for me i just cannot find the answer, wish that blizzard will make novels that really explain this.

and maybe why this bothers me that much is if it was indeed the TRUE sarah's choice then it basically indicates the end of her and jimmy, and plus the ending part really looks like they are saying goodbye and this is the last thing i wanna see in the SC story, so....
DAMN I REALLY SHOULDNT PLAY THIS CAMPAIGN ! LOL
Reply Quote
she just wants revenge and doesnt care what the cost is, so the transformation doesnt really bother me that much, the only thing that confuses me a lot is at the very end of the game sarah just says that she CHOOSE to give up all and become a zerg and face HER true enemy, im not sure this is the TRUE sarah speaking or just the influences of the new transformation.
and who is the TRUE sarah? is she really back after WoL? why she chooses to be a REAL zerg? her identity is one thing that confuses me the most throughout the whole campaign cuz for me i just cannot find the answer, wish that blizzard will make novels that really explain this.

and maybe why this bothers me that much is if it was indeed the TRUE sarah's choice then it basically indicates the end of her and jimmy, and plus the ending part really looks like they are saying goodbye and this is the last thing i wanna see in the SC story, so....

I agree with what you say about Kerrigans true identity. Thats really what I want to know. I'll be really disappointed if its the "end" for Raynor and Kerrigan, SC storyline is mainly based on them! The ending was what really got me too.. I mean she just float away and thats it!? I was so happy towards the start seeing Kerrigan as human, the second she got in that cacoon (while i still enjoyed gameplay and parts of the story) I just got all sad inside LOL, just because i'd rather see kerrigan has human and not zerg.
Reply Quote
Well my problem with the story is its predictability! WoL was much more thought out and random.. this felt like a rail shooter.
^ yes. this. i mean we all knew mengsk wgas going to die... and he pretty much did without any major suprises.. i dunno.. i was let down by this campaign.

It took me like 10 hrs to beat it.. REALLY? the only reason for this expansion was the storyline, otherwise they coulve just made a big patch with new units etc. what happened to the OLD SCHOOL EPIC GAMES LIKE METAL GEAR SOLID AND HALF-LIFE that took days/weeks of nonstop playing to beat? 10 hours ??? really????

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE LOTV 2 or 3 times LONGER!!
Edited by InExcelsis on 3/13/2013 4:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yes the ending was dumb. they used that stupid !@# leaked ending that was on youtube like 4 years ago. i was sooooo pissed when i saw they did that. atleast kerrigan didnt say she was going to let all the zerglings be free like in the leaked video, atleast they left that really stupid part of dialog out.

now all the main bad guys from BW and sc1 are dead so they will have to make up their own new bad guys which will suck.
Edited by SlayersMC on 3/13/2013 4:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If the campaign was good and you enjoyed it, the length doesn't seem like it should matter as much. There are what, 20 missions, that is a solid amount. To have made the game a lot longer, they would probably have just used a bunch of filler missions and that would have gotten boring. You can always replay missions on a harder difficulty level, and you can do matches against the AI or multiplayer so there is still lots of game for you to play.
Reply Quote
I for one wouldnt mind some cool filler missions.. but hey..
Reply Quote
Why be obsessed with her being human? Im far more intrigued wit her being a primal zerg influenced queen of blades, if she stayed prely human, im not sure where the story of her would have actually went. It's not likes the terrans in SC are without there own faults and demons.
Reply Quote
Basically the 'evil' mindless aggresion of zerg as we've known up until this latest release have all been to do with Amon. Blame him, not the zerg race.
Reply Quote
Queen of Blades baby!

Being human is overrated!!

ZERG ALL THE WAY!!!
Reply Quote
This is no fairy-tale, Starcraft is a mature sci-fi action/war story. At least, in the end, everything regarding their main issues/dilemma were resolved, it is time to prepare for the war against extinction.

Her being a zerg might get resolved in the end of the trilogy; she might die or return to being a human(the-live-happily-ever-after) thing. But this might end the whole series too.
Reply Quote

Raynor and Kerrigan relationship in 1 line: I love you, but we can't be together.

And yes, she has complete free will. That was the whole point. That's what was explained in the Zerus missions.
Edited by Symplectic on 3/13/2013 7:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
I thought the whole ending made sense...I just hated the teary Sarah and then she floating away....why couldn't it had been some crazy matrix !@#$ at the end. Leviathan descends and creates a platform for her to stop into....not floating away. Jim raynor's line at the end was AWESome...."always has been"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]