StarCraft® II

HoTs ending disappointing?

I kind of liked the ending. Was better than I expected. But the pacing of that game felt to fast. I wasn't expecting it to be over. Maybe I played through it too fast, I don't know.
Reply Quote
I kind of liked the ending. Was better than I expected. But the pacing of that game felt to fast. I wasn't expecting it to be over. Maybe I played through it too fast, I don't know.

Overall I think the missions just weren't long enough. The evolution missions were a joke, WAY too short...
Reply Quote
The evolution missions were a joke, WAY too short...

...You realize they were supposed to be short? Just small bonuses to give you an idea of how the variations operated. Hell, originally there weren't even supposed to be evolutionary missions, but they were added later in development.
Reply Quote
So in part 3 of SC2 Space Marines + Tyranids + Eldar will work together to defeat the Necrons? And we are able to play the Eldar campaign.
Edited by Bfler on 3/14/2013 12:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was waiting for Mengsk to become Amon kill everyone leaving Zeratul to finish the job. That would have been awesome.
Reply Quote
I was waiting for Mengsk to become Amon kill everyone leaving Zeratul to finish the job. That would have been awesome.

I wouldn't have wanted that. I was expect a more gruesome Mengsk death, kind of like the ones you see in the "SAW" films.
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 11:00 PMPosted by ragnarok

Overall I think the missions just weren't long enough. The evolution missions were a joke, WAY too short...

They weren't really intended to be missions just a way for players to get a feel for the different choices without having to just make a permanent choice based on a video clip and a list of features like you had to in WoL.
Reply Quote
03/14/2013 07:12 PMPosted by Astriel

They weren't really intended to be missions just a way for players to get a feel for the different choices without having to just make a permanent choice based on a video clip and a list of features like you had to in WoL.

Well either way the ending was enough. They didn't end up together, but that's ok, this isn't the end of the trilogy anyway.
Reply Quote
I was disappointed that Kerrigan went back to her Zerg form as well, I was really looking forward to seeing her as a Terran again, as I really liked her Terran character.

I'm pretty confident that returning Kerrigan to her Zerg form was chosen for the simple fact that they probably spent a very long time creating all her SCII artwork as the QoB, she became very established and her look was very unique in WoL. I think Blizzard decided to return her to Zerg form because they simply could not let go of how awesome they thought she looked as the SCII Queen of Blades. That's really the only reason I can see, as returning her to her Zerg form seemed like a total 180 from WoL to me, and something in the storyline turning around that quickly had to be because of some trivial reason such as described above.

Summary - Blizz made Kerrigan zerg again because they're too proud of how cool she looks as the QoB to let it go.
Reply Quote
Summary - Blizz made Kerrigan zerg again because they're too proud of how cool she looks as the QoB to let it go.

It's all right this time, her humanity and morality had been restored, which was why Raynor accepted letting her go for the time being.
Reply Quote
That was my only problem with Hots.

1. I liked Ghost Kerrigan! Brought back good memories, I figure her having zerg hair was enough and taking control of the swarm as is was good enough for me..but NOPE they had to change it.

2. Her new form look like her old form..down to the color scheme..Coming from that spawning pool I expected her to be a lot more different heck maybe a different colors scheme on top of it?

3.She went around slaughter people to easily for my taste..made me feel like a #!@*@!@% for helping her. IN fact killing Warfield disappointed me a lot..just because that is what the old Kerrigan would have done.
Reply Quote
1. I liked Ghost Kerrigan! Brought back good memories, I figure her having zerg hair was enough and taking control of the swarm as is was good enough for me..but NOPE they had to change it.

It was vital for reinfestation. The whole point of the deinfestation in WoL was only to get rid of Amon's influence. It was NEVER about reuniting with Raynor, at least for the time being...
Reply Quote
Like i said before my opinions on the story are always changing as a I get a better grasp of the meaning behind everything in HoTs. It really does make sense. In WoL the whole point of Zeratul coming to Raynor telling him Kerrigan must survive makes sense in that purging her with the Xel'Naga artifacts released Amons grasp letting Kerrigan actually be in control of herself. With her being a Primal now it makes her even more powerful. That being said it makes sense that she would have to be in this form to take down Amon. It seems to me Kerrigan is the "chosen one". Really, she its one of the most important characters in the game as of HoT's. But as I will continue to say I would really love to see Kerrigan make it out in human form at the end of LotV. But who really knows right now. I really would love blizzard not to take another year for this next game. But yea I don't know about you guys but i love the action and everything about SC, and i'll admit to the whole love aspect to kerrigan and jim theres no doubt that its a huge part in HoTs. I almost teared up at the last cinematic. I felt that there should have been something more to it, I was a good/bad ending i think, but i'm just venting haha. In WoL there were WAY more cinematics which i really enjoyed. But keep this thread going, let me know what you guys think is the fate of Kerrigan/Jim/Zeratul. As much as I don't want to hear peoples opinions about Kerrigan not being human or not going to live at the end of LotV, hey its your opinion and i respect that :D. (As you can tell throughout my posts on this thread I REALLY don't want to see kerrigan die and would like her to end off in a human form, thats just me).
Reply Quote
i think the bright point in the story was the epic beam duel with samir duran. and the cutscene after that mission. it's about time that traitorous dog got what was coming to him.

honestly, after that epic fight, the whole mengsk thing felt like an epilogue.
Reply Quote
i think the bright point in the story was the epic beam duel with samir duran. and the cutscene after that mission. it's about time that traitorous dog got what was coming to him.

honestly, after that epic fight, the whole mengsk thing felt like an epilogue.

Yeah, I'll just wait for people to write fanfics after HotS for Raynor and Kerrigan to kiss and make up for the lost time, before parting ways again for a while.

Seriously though, to defeat Amon, all 3 races will have to stand together, so Raynor and Kerrigan will be fighting alongside each other in LotV anyway.
Reply Quote
Basically the 'evil' mindless aggresion of zerg as we've known up until this latest release have all been to do with Amon. Blame him, not the zerg race.

Pretty much... as Dehaka says the terran have no essence to absorb. So really the zerg should have no interest in hunting down and killing them. Killing those in their way when they want to absorb something interesting on a planet sure but far as actively TRYING to kill terran they really shouldn't care.

03/14/2013 10:05 PMPosted by Dom
But as I will continue to say I would really love to see Kerrigan make it out in human form at the end of LotV.

its possible she does spend a lot of time training Za'gara to be more intelligent and to think like a strategist more so than just a killing machine. Also mentioned that Za'gara's time to replace her will come.
Edited by Zarzak on 3/15/2013 9:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 09:15 AMPosted by Zarzak
Basically the 'evil' mindless aggresion of zerg as we've known up until this latest release have all been to do with Amon. Blame him, not the zerg race.

Pretty much... as Dehaka says the terran have no essence to absorb. So really the zerg should have no interest in hunting down and killing them. Killing those in their way when they want to absorb something interesting on a planet sure but far as actively TRYING to kill terran they really shouldn't care.

03/14/2013 10:05 PMPosted by Dom
But as I will continue to say I would really love to see Kerrigan make it out in human form at the end of LotV.

its possible she does spend a lot of time training Za'gara to be more intelligent and to think like a strategist more so than just a killing machine. Also mentioned that Za'gara's time to replace her will come.

Yeah but this also poses a problem. If you remember in the last Zerus mission, RIGHT before you fight the Ancient One, he told Kerrigan that the heritage of the Zerg is to hunt, kill, absorb essence, and evolve.

That means to ensure the swarm doesn't threaten others, Kerrigan has to change the core fundamentals of the Zerg so they don't do that anymore.
Reply Quote
That was exactly the problem with the entire campaign, it was completely linear and far too predictable. The ending was expected from the VERY start of the game, literally. Especially when she took control of the zerg just for lols and destroyed half the lab. Then when she got turned back into the queen of blades it was just game wrecking, both storyline wise, and common sense wise.

Why in hells name did she get uninfested in the first place? Because Raynor wanted her back to humanity so they could finally be together. At the very first suggestion he died, she throws her humanity away, the gift he worked for years upon years to do for her. And also at that, the first time she was turned it was (admittedly) Abathor on the overminds command to infest her. The second time, it was a pool of catalytic fluids from the primal zerg planet which according to Abathor was ALOT more then an infestation, it literally rebuilt her to be completely zerg in DNA, not just an infection. The 2 have absolutely no connection to eachother except the specimen that it was done on... SO WHY THE HELL DID THEY DO THE SAME THING IN DIFFERENT COLOURS? I admit her face appears to be more human, but it's hard to tell with how little the "infested" kerrigan was shown in full detail in WOL was, and it is never explained if she ever decided to wear things "make-up" style to add to the effect of "nasty women who needs a bullet for a brain". They are nearly identical despite the completely different style and technique of both processes?

This is obviously Blizzard have no imagination and taking the easy way out throughout the whole campaign... duplicate it and modify some minor details. Even Zagara tells Kerrigan she didn't need to do this in order to win/have her way, because she already could... just showing howfar kerrigan is a diehard moronic women who says "she will pay for her choices later"... yeah maybe don't make those choices in the first place if you don't need to.

Also, to someguy up here who said "She regains her humanity"... Kerrigan admits she denounced her humanity and raynor... She just wants to leave off on a good note with the people around her who will remember her for the "good" she did. She flies in, destroys the city, kills thousands upon thousands of people(assuming mainly soldiers), slays the self proclaimed Emporer, and then disappears without showing any remorse for what she's done to fight an enemy that only she(and Raynor and zeratul, but they cant do jack about it with what they have at their disposal) seems to know about. She doesn't need the civilians remembering her as someone who slaughtered millions, and then disappeared for no reason(they know of). In Warfields case and the evacuation ships, she is probably honouring his last wishes seeing as she DRASTICALLY overreacted to him mentioning raynor, seeing as those injured soldiers would be back into fighting shape(if possible) to face her in the future.
Reply Quote
I felt like the predictability was more like hindsight analysis. However, this does feel like they just took plot points from original SC and repeated them.

Kerrigan and Jim have a moment.
They separated
Kerrigan goes cacoon and you have to protect her
Kerrigan re-builds zerg army
Kerrigan pwns everything
Reply Quote
I was a little disappointed in the ending, yes. Felt like Jim & Sarah had worked so hard for two games now to be together, and the story writers basically threw it away. Now I am holding out some hope that they will still have a feel-good ending after LotV, but only time will tell. I understand the storyline fully, just wish they had taken it in another direction.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]