HoTs ending disappointing?

"Why in hells name did she get uninfested in the first place? Because Raynor wanted her back to humanity so they could finally be together."

You need to understand that while kerrigan was the Queen of Blades she was controlled by the overmind/Amons will. She had no control over her thoughts/ and actions. When we used the Xel'Naga Artifacts in WoL it cured her while also breaking Amons power against her as well as hybrids siphoning the energy to revive amon.
Reply Quote
I find the whole story very incoherent. So she was killed Warfield from rage, yet spare the terran evac ships because of her guild (humanity), then absolutely slaughtered the protoss colony and their evac ships/life pods, then kill her way though to save Raynor, and THEN guild trips again and sparing millions of civilians to get to our cartoon villian - Mengsk?

Jeez that girl on puberty?
Reply Quote
If kerrigan didn't stop the protoss they would have called the Golden Armada to stop her from her task. You realize that her destiny. Shes the only person who can truly take down Amon. Thats why Zeratul went to Jim to tell him that she MUST survive and why he went to Kerrigan to tell her about the void and that she HAS to survive. Without wiping out the protoss they would have called the Armada !@#$ing messing up all the plans. Zeratul has seen the future and he knows what could happen if she doesn't survive so i think it makes sense that she had to do that.
Edited by Dom on 3/16/2013 12:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Granted Warfield was lining up to shoot her , so one part rage , one part survival. Most of the times she killed someone in HotS it was for survival reasons like the protoss ship/colony.

Kerrigan going back to Zerg was a given though as you just can't dues ex things when you are a ghost and given the other events of the WoL and HotS no one else is capable of leading the swarm at this time. Least now they won't try to nom on terran faces anymore or as much >.>

I liked the story after I mulled it over , given the preceeding events things couldn't have happened much differently so a bit cliche but whatever you're going to find one regardless these days.

I'm just happy they didn't kill Raynor in that way , given D3's writing it wouldn't have suprised me -_-
Reply Quote
It wasn't pointless as in it changed Sarah back to having her humanity. Did you not notice how different she was from the queen of blades? One example being sparing the people of Korhal at the end of the game. She is no longer the queen of blades she is still Sarah. Just modified by the pool on the primal planet.

The queen of blades vs Sarah Kerrigan distinction didn't even exist in SC1. It was specifically created for SC2 to make her character more sympathetic. Then we spend a full game and an expansion pack to go back and forth to establish what could be explained in one sentence: Kerrigan was mind controlled, now she isn't.

That's my problem with the SC2 storylines, it has so much filler and it takes forever to tell a really simple story. They could've just made it so that the Xel'naga artifact in WOL removes the mind control but she remains zergy. End result remains the same, and you don't have to waste hours and hours of gameplay to get back to square one.
Edited by Buggy on 3/16/2013 2:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I wouldnt say I was disappointed in the ending, i just think the campaign was really short compared to WoL 29 missions.
Reply Quote
Loved every second of this campaign, it was so AMAZING! I'm not dissapointed in the ending i just thought it was so dam sad :( The last scene when sarah files off was so beautiful, the music was amazing and i had a tear run down my cheek. Really wanted Jim and Sarah to get back together. Sigh oh well was not meant to be, Do you think its possible it could still happen in the next expansion?
Reply Quote
I also thought it was silly to retcon the whole thing and change her back.... Particularly when for some reason her primal zerg form looks exactly like the corrupt zerg form. even though the primal zerg look nothing like the corrupt zerg.

I thought about this too, my only answer is marketing and the ease of not having to change all of the works done of her.

Could you imagine have to re-make this beauty? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_W9o0uIRpk
Reply Quote
If kerrigan didn't stop the protoss they would have called the Golden Armada to stop her from her task. You realize that her destiny. Shes the only person who can truly take down Amon. Thats why Zeratul went to Jim to tell him that she MUST survive and why he went to Kerrigan to tell her about the void and that she HAS to survive. Without wiping out the protoss they would have called the Armada !@#$ing messing up all the plans. Zeratul has seen the future and he knows what could happen if she doesn't survive so i think it makes sense that she had to do that.

What I don't understand was why did she attacked Zeratul? I dont think, if I recall, they had anything confrontation when she was a ghost. As Queen of Blades, yeah, but she lost all memory. It should be Zeratul who had every reason to attack her. She killed Raszagal (spelling?)
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Bannick

What I don't understand was why did she attacked Zeratul? I dont think, if I recall, they had anything confrontation when she was a ghost. As Queen of Blades, yeah, but she lost all memory. It should be Zeratul who had every reason to attack her. She killed Raszagal (spelling?)

Because at that time, she was still suffering the pain from Raynor's "death". When Zeratul showed up, she thought he was going to finish the job when they last encountered each other on Ulaan.
Reply Quote
im angry that sarah got all strong but required raynor to save her? thats some cheesy !@#$.
Reply Quote
Because at that time, she was still suffering the pain from Raynor's "death". When Zeratul showed up, she thought he was going to finish the job when they last encountered each other on Ulaan.

Because she 'remembered' their last meeting? She shouldn't have remembered him at all.
Reply Quote
im angry that sarah got all strong but required raynor to save her? thats some cheesy !@#$.

Because of the Xel'Naga artifact. Remember, the Xel'Naga created the Zerg, including the PRIMAL Zerg.

Therefore, assimilating the essence of the primal Zerg does NOT make Kerrigan immune to the artifact's effects.
Reply Quote
It amazes me how dense everyone is... Did anyone catch the point that she was tainted by the "Dark One" as the QoB before? Did anyone catch the point Zeratul saying to Jim in WoL that her life would be in his hands? Also the fact that Zeratul said she is the key for any sake of survival in the near future?

The artifact cleansed her of the influence of the "Dark One". Jim did go through all that for her, sad as it all is her destiny is not to settle down and bare his children. She has a much much more grand purpose, saving everyone from Amon. The Overmind knew this... that is why he created her, try playing SC 1 again and listen to the Overmind tell everyone this is his grandest creation that will defeat his enemies. I think his true enemies were Amon and the remaining Xel-Naga he rebelled against.

This is a great story, everyone should really do their HW before expecting Blizz to hand feed them the story they want...
Reply Quote
Hopefully she does fulfill her purpose, but is also able to share in the aftermath by being able to be with Raynor in the end.
Reply Quote
HoTs ending disappointing?....

I would say HoTs campain was disappointing overall...
Reply Quote
Hopefully she does fulfill her purpose, but is also able to share in the aftermath by being able to be with Raynor in the end.

Another problem in LotV would be if the Protoss would forgive her if she does her part in defeating Amon, or would they just kill her anyway after she's done her part.
Reply Quote
I would hope they do forgive her considering it wasn't her choice in becoming the Queen of Blades... she's her own moral compass now since the artifact cleansed her of Amon's influence. She will be there to save the Protoss and the universe from destruction.
Reply Quote
The ending felt...bittersweet to me. I thought Kerrigan and Jim would hug or kiss one last time, even if she was a Zerg. The fact she just floated away felt...bitter, as if she just embraced her duty as the Primal Queen of Blades and renounced to ever be with Jim Raynor again.

But, who knows, considering Zagara is the chosen successor of the Swarm, perhaps Kerrigan will someday retire and come back to Jim Raynor once the war agaisnt Amon is over.
Edited by Hugo on 3/21/2013 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That's what I'm hoping for Hugo. I think they definitely made it bittersweet, and it definitely is an emotional tug in the story. Hopefully, it all works out for the two of them in the end. I think they want it to be pretty compelling.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]