StarCraft® II

HoTs ending disappointing?

That's what I'm hoping for Hugo. I think they definitely made it bittersweet, and it definitely is an emotional tug in the story. Hopefully, it all works out for the two of them in the end. I think they want it to be pretty compelling.

But the trilogy isn't over. They'll both be back in LotV anyway. And Chris Metzen said it himself that just because LotV focuses on the Protoss part does NOT mean the whole relationship between Raynor and Kerrigan is now completely ignored.
Reply Quote
Very true.
Reply Quote
Very true.

I mean it's like with Duran. Even if it's confirmed that Narud is Duran, they still have to mention him in LotV in some way. I refuse to believe Blizzard would close out this trilogy without giving us that confirmation.
Reply Quote
As much as I wanted more with the ending, a confirmation of Raynor's feelings and Kerrigan's, a definite sign of good things to come; Blizzard wanted it to be powerful and emotional and climatic in a sense. It left us wanting more, and I'm sure you're right... I think Blizzard will hopefully close out this serious by answering these questions. Hopefully, in regards to some questions .... it is the answers that I want :)
Reply Quote
I'm very interested to see what a novelization would delve into. Flashpoint covered so much ground, and it was so filling in terms of allowing us to go back to when Kerrigan and Raynor first met and how it evolved from there. I'd be willing to say that the next one will help fill in a lot of back story as well.
Reply Quote
What if Raynor could see you now?
Reply Quote
It wasn't pointless as in it changed Sarah back to having her humanity. Did you not notice how different she was from the queen of blades? One example being sparing the people of Korhal at the end of the game. She is no longer the queen of blades she is still Sarah. Just modified by the pool on the primal planet.

I agree. Her moral compass seems to mirror that of a human, not some mindless killing machine. She definitely won't be winning any beauty contests anytime soon, but I'd say something was still gained from turning her human again.

I was more satisfied by HotS's ending than I was by WoL's. I happened to enjoy WoL's story a lot more though. I think it'd be great to have an extended ending one of these days, something that addresses what multiple characters are up to after the finale. How a game ends influences how a player feels about the experience as a whole. When endings are too swift it feels like somewhat of a letdown.

Again, though, I felt a lot more satisfied by this expansions ending even if I was still hungry for a little bit more.
Edited by Backpedaler on 3/22/2013 8:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm very interested to see what a novelization would delve into. Flashpoint covered so much ground, and it was so filling in terms of allowing us to go back to when Kerrigan and Raynor first met and how it evolved from there. I'd be willing to say that the next one will help fill in a lot of back story as well.

Yeah but if LotV's ending only leads into SC3, that I can understand. But for Raynor and Kerrigan, they should have fought enough, they shouldn't have to keep fighting anymore.
Reply Quote
Yeah but if LotV's ending only leads into SC3, that I can understand. But for Raynor and Kerrigan, they should have fought enough, they shouldn't have to keep fighting anymore.

Exactly. They need to create their own story free from all this fighting... it's about time for it.
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 03:33 PMPosted by timvane

Exactly. They need to create their own story free from all this fighting... it's about time for it.

Yeah I mean if SC3 happens, what I want at the end of SC2 is for Raynor to find a way to fully restore Kerrigan human again (the artifact didn't do that COMPLETELY).

Once that's done, the two of them can get married and everything.

Then, SC3 can take place like 25 to 30 years later, and their children would take up the fight, and their parents' legacies continue.
Reply Quote

Then, SC3 can take place like 25 to 30 years later, and their children would take up the fight, and their parents' legacies continue.

That sounds like a good ending to me. A passing of the guard needs to occur. Raynor and Kerrigan need to be free of all their suffering, and live out the rest of their lives in peace. It's for someone else to represent, and like you said... it could be their children.
Reply Quote
HoTS is act 2 of SC2 trilogy. You shouldn't be surprised by a bittersweet ending.
Reply Quote

Yeah I mean if SC3 happens, what I want at the end of SC2 is for Raynor to find a way to fully restore Kerrigan human again (the artifact didn't do that COMPLETELY).

Frankly, I really just hope they don't do SC3. I think the D3 campaign storyline shows what happens when you take a series that seemed to have a definitive conclusion, move the story down the road, and try to tie it in to the past storylines. Yes...it was unclear exactly what the consequences of Tyrael destroying the Worldstone at the end of LoD, but I think that was the point.

After LotV, I'd be happy if they released updated multiplayer versions every now and then, but I do feel like the overarching storyline should come to a natural conclusion in LotV. It seems as though all 3 races will be united against a common enemy, which leaves very little storyline to continue on thereafter.
Reply Quote
There is alway unanwsered questins in the 2nd part of a trilogy. Personally I see it as a good sign the Jim and Sara are at least on speaking terms. And you can tell Jim still has feelings for her.
Jim saying its over was due to the fact he was a little pissed about Sara being zerg again. At the end of the trilogy everything will be tied together and the ending of hots will make sense.
Reply Quote

That sounds like a good ending to me. A passing of the guard needs to occur. Raynor and Kerrigan need to be free of all their suffering, and live out the rest of their lives in peace. It's for someone else to represent, and like you said... it could be their children.

Yeah but that's a bridge to be crossed later. For now, we need to know how LotV ends.
Reply Quote
Yeah, for sure.
Reply Quote
Yeah, for sure.

My hope though is that for LotV, there will be more than ONE non-Protoss mission.

For HotS it was understandable to have only 1 non-Zerg mission, but if everything has to come together, then Raynor and Kerrigan's relationship has to work out as well. Personally, I don't see that can be tied into a Protoss mission.
Reply Quote
For HotS it was understandable to have only 1 non-Zerg mission, but if everything has to come together, then Raynor and Kerrigan's relationship has to work out as well. Personally, I don't see that can be tied into a Protoss mission.

Agreed.
Reply Quote
03/23/2013 02:12 PMPosted by timvane

Agreed.

Besides, if Blizzard kills Raynor and Kerrigan off in LotV, they would have to come up with a VERY good character base if they make SC3...
Reply Quote
I hope they do another 'Fleet Battle' scenario if they make non-protoss missions in LotV.

They came from...BEHIND!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]