StarCraft® II

HoTs ending disappointing?

I hope they do another 'Fleet Battle' scenario if they make non-protoss missions in LotV.

They came from...BEHIND!

I don't see the fleet battle. The hybrids are still only foot soldiers, Amon has no fleet of his own...
Reply Quote
I wonder what he is trying to amass out there in the Void.
Reply Quote
I wonder what he is trying to amass out there in the Void.

Yeah I mean we know the hybrids, but Amon has to have better surprises. If Amon is truly a SMART bad guy, then he would know that there are limits to even what a god can do...
Reply Quote
If Amon is truly a SMART bad guy, then he would know that there are limits to even what a god can do...

Yeah, I'm sure he has a few surprises up his sleeve.
Reply Quote
03/23/2013 08:24 PMPosted by timvane
If Amon is truly a SMART bad guy, then he would know that there are limits to even what a god can do...

Yeah, I'm sure he has a few surprises up his sleeve.

Yeah the problem is we've never really seen what a Xel'Naga can do...
Reply Quote
Predictable? The only thing I wanted to kerrigan to do was kick a lot of $#%. The only surprise I would have like was "Wow, I knew kerrigan was gonna kick a lot of $#%, but I did not expect it to be that much %$# to be kicked"
Reply Quote
I don't know about the rest of you guys/girls, but i'm just annoyed with the ending of HoTs.. I mean really in WoL the whole D*#$ time we are gathering the Xel'Naga artifacts to freaking change Sarah back and it just goes to waste.. I mean c'mon... what a waste! Let me know what people think, maybe if i got some more feedback and a better understanding of this it will let me look at things a little different, but idk i just hate the fact that sarah is the queen of blades again. Pretty much made WoL pointless everything we did do make her human was just a waste..

I wouldn't have changed her back either...but, keep in mind HotS is the second installment. It's not supposed to wrap everything up. We may yet see her return to human form before LotV is over.
Reply Quote
I'm less disappointed by the ending and more confused. The dialogue in Mengsk's office is stinted and baffling.

As for Kerrigan, I do wish she'd had a more radical redesign then "Turn Purple, add asymmetrical detailing". Specifically, I wish she'd kept her hair tendrils in that ponytail she had initially. I liked that.
Reply Quote
03/25/2013 07:01 AMPosted by ElDestructo
I don't know about the rest of you guys/girls, but i'm just annoyed with the ending of HoTs.. I mean really in WoL the whole D*#$ time we are gathering the Xel'Naga artifacts to freaking change Sarah back and it just goes to waste.. I mean c'mon... what a waste! Let me know what people think, maybe if i got some more feedback and a better understanding of this it will let me look at things a little different, but idk i just hate the fact that sarah is the queen of blades again. Pretty much made WoL pointless everything we did do make her human was just a waste..

I wouldn't have changed her back either...but, keep in mind HotS is the second installment. It's not supposed to wrap everything up. We may yet see her return to human form before LotV is over.

Yeah that's the whole point. So many people complain because Kerrigan reinfested herself, everything you did in WoL was for nothing. If HotS was the LAST part of the trilogy, THEN you could argue that...
Reply Quote
Yeah that's the whole point. So many people complain because Kerrigan reinfested herself, everything you did in WoL was for nothing. If HotS was the LAST part of the trilogy, THEN you could argue that...

Yeah, like you said... we still have LotV.
Reply Quote
Mengsk turning into a bomb made any complaints I might have had irrelevant.

Mengsk was one of my favorite characters, and in my opinion was one of the most morally grey, interesting, and most complex characters in the game.

Him exploding was completely badass though.
Edited by Blade on 3/25/2013 11:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/25/2013 06:21 PMPosted by timvane

Which I hope Blizzard will give some information about by Blizzcon 2013.
Reply Quote
I will go on record as saying I'm not disappointed by the ending, even though it's a little bitter. If this is how they'd ended the franchise, it would've been terrible and, furthermore, if they end the franchise in LotV on a bad note (ie, Kerrigan and/or Raynor dying, Kerrigan unable to be cured, protoss race going completely extinct, etc) I would also count it a failure.

But this is the second act of three. The second act of a trilogy is always supposed to be a little dark, with just enough light at the end of the tunnel to leave us with the feeling that all is not lost quite yet. I think the campaign communicated that. So, with that said, to me the ending of HotS is only disappointing in that I don't have LotV in my hands right now to finish things up.

If LotV ends badly as mentioned above, THEN I will be disappointed. Disappointed enough that I will feel out just enough spoilers before buying LotV and if it appears to be a failure, I won't waste my money on it (but that's just me).

(And if anybody's wondering, yes, I'm still pissed about the grimderp turn that Mass Effect 3 took, and I'm not spending any more money on such nonsense. Blizzard, please don't take your writing cues from them or even from your own past games. WoL was the change in Blizzard I was hoping for, so let that story writing mindset continue).

03/25/2013 11:06 PMPosted by ragnarok

When is Blizzcon, by the way?
Edited by ElDestructo on 3/26/2013 8:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I will go on record as saying I'm not disappointed by the ending, even though it's a little bitter. If this is how they'd ended the franchise, it would've been terrible and, furthermore, if they end the franchise in LotV on a bad note (ie, Kerrigan and/or Raynor dying, Kerrigan unable to be cured, protoss race going completely extinct, etc) I would also count it a failure.

But this is the second act of three. The second act of a trilogy is always supposed to be a little dark, with just enough light at the end of the tunnel to leave us with the feeling that all is not lost quite yet. I think the campaign communicated that. So, with that said, to me the ending of HotS is only disappointing in that I don't have LotV in my hands right now to finish things up.

If LotV ends badly as mentioned above, THEN I will be disappointed. Disappointed enough that I will feel out just enough spoilers before buying LotV and if it appears to be a failure, I won't waste my money on it (but that's just me).

(And if anybody's wondering, yes, I'm still pissed about the grimderp turn that Mass Effect 3 took, and I'm not spending any more money on such nonsense. Blizzard, please don't take your writing cues from them or even from your own past games. WoL was the change in Blizzard I was hoping for, so let that story writing mindset continue).

When is Blizzcon, by the way?

By Nov 8th and 9th. I was surprised they didn't make it in October this year...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]