StarCraft® II

(Locked)

It looks like some of us were awarded with this bug, as my girlfriend is playing as if nothing happened there.

The reinstalling fix didn't work here as well.
Hello Everyone,

We apologize for the frustration and confusion with the Launcher. A fix is on the way, but for now we've found that the steps below can help. Please note that this fix is only for the Americas - English (US) client.

1) Delete the Battle.net folder in C:\ProgramData
2) Download and run the online installer (this will not fully reinstall StarCraft II, and will only re-download some data):
StarCraft-II-Setup-enUS.exe

3) Install to the existing StarCraft II location.
C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II

or
C:\Program Files\StarCraft II

Yeah, this didn't work. I can't even get on the EU server. It says "battle.net connection lost"
Reinstalling also didn't work for me :/
This is pretty lame..
I was playing HOTS Campaign at about 1:00. Suddenly I disconnected, and saved & shut it off, since Achievements wouldn't be saved. I saw my Internet was still connected So I closed out of SC2 to re-start it. It started fine, so I tried logging in and it failed. Then I saw the "Notes" to the side, that Maintenance was running. So I made an Account on the EU Server, and played 2 games. Tried logging back into N/A Server an hour later, and then when I clicked Login, game crashed to the "Play/Note" Screen Launcher. Clicked Play, it went to the SC2 Login Menu, and Crashed back to the Screen Launcher.

So I waited an hour, retried it, fail. Restarted Computer thinking it was that, still did same thing.
Got off a few hours,
now it's 9:00, and it's still doing this.

Anyone else still having this issue?

This is basically word for word what I'm dealing with now too
The EU server's down now for the same reason NA was earlier today, give it a few more minutes and it'll be back.
Same here..... imma try to reinstall it. wish me luck!!!!!!
Don'treinstallit!Wehavetowaitforapatch!Blizzardpleasehelpus.
Re-installing worked for me.

Just make sure you download the US version if you want to play on NA server and don't install from disc.
Hmmmm started playing on US, servers went down for maintenance switched over to EU to keep playing. Tried to switch back, got this error. Played a few games tonight on EU and then EU went down for maintenance, now I can't even get on EU TT. None of these fixes worked. Hoping I won't have to redownload WoL & HoTS on my !@#$ty connection.
why bliz, eu was the only server I could play, na, sea and kr all broken, now i guess that will be broken to, fixes in here didn't work, aussie internet, a 50 mb file is large i cant just re-download 13 gig to fix this, I guess the logic was make it so we couldn't play on any server before fixing this issue.
This bug was was present for a lot of sea players trying to log into na on the 11th before hots come out.
fix doesn't work...

cannot play game.

stupid no offline mode. grr

:(
All i want to do is play the campaign!
Left my computer on over night to download it all (Australian net for the win) came on this morning keen to play it, only to find i cant log in at all and the game just crashes.

Hello Everyone,

We apologize for the frustration and confusion with the Launcher. A fix is on the way, but for now we've found that the steps below can help. Please note that this fix is only for the Americas - English (US) client.

1) Delete the Battle.net folder in C:\ProgramData
2) Download and run the online installer (this will not fully reinstall StarCraft II, and will only re-download some data):
StarCraft-II-Setup-enUS.exe

3) Install to the existing StarCraft II location.
C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II

or
C:\Program Files\StarCraft II

Trying this, downloading 6gb of stuff, another 3 hour wait until thats done.

EDIT: I get to the 'playable' part and i click play, and it still just crashes back to the patcher.
Edited by MrStarkk on 3/13/2013 7:38 PM PDT
I'm having the same issue guys. Eu servers were down, so I switched to US. Now I'm crashing to launcher as it hits the login screen.

Here's a video of what's happening... http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10151561739856495
Edited by Tablefloor on 3/13/2013 7:40 PM PDT
Cripes, I spent the money and the time to get and load a game I CAN'T EVEN PLAY!!!.
I know !@#$%ing about it won't get it fixed faster...But I feel a little better.
Same thing for me. Word for word as everyone else. Hope a fix comes soon...
Happening to me aswell, but on the EU side. Didn't play at all today, and just tried to login now to continue my campaign, and i just keep getting bumped back to the launcher....

:|
Good to see it's not just Sim City that's screwed!
Mentioned fixes didn't work for me.
I've tried the blue poster one, a registry hack, and LAN disabling/reenabling to change regions. Nothing worked, and I can't connect to any region at all.
I'm just hoping I wake up tomorrow and it's all working again... If the region changes were going to cause issues, they shouldn't have been available until they'd been properly tested!
still goin on for me right now 8pm pacific time 3/13/13
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]