StarCraft® II

(Locked)

Good luck to anyone still trying. I'm going to bed now... Hopefully it will be working tomorrow! We should start a survivors clan :)
Reinstalled; finally works.
I'm dieing
Fix did not work
I am sad
Since 2pm EST

I really don't want to reinstall and have to download 15gb of data again (I don't have unlimited transfer of data with my ISP)
Edited by AreU on 3/13/2013 8:13 PM PDT
this is some !@#$ed up %^-*
Trying to debug this, i managed to make HoTS not crash immediately by deleting the region xml file in the sc2 main folder.

Doing so revealed that upon start, a "mismatch version" error pops up for region select. Having been playing in EU recently (and i live States side), i figured switching back to US would fix this. negative. and i'm crashing again.
Something to do with region version mismatch.
blizzard?? r u there?
blizzard?? r u there?

Not likely until tomorrow when the work day starts up again.
just restarted the launcher and now i'm getting a patch download.

EDIT: looks like that did it.

EDIT 2: it deleted my campaign...EFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Edited by Shift on 3/13/2013 8:35 PM PDT
All servers on maintenance .
Someone suggested on Teamliquid to run SC2 as administrator.
I just did that and it worked. I can connect to all regions but EU. It downloaded some files in the launcher, so I don't know if it's because of the admin mode, or just that Blizz pushed a hot fix just before that.

It still says "version mismatch" for EU, but at least I can play on the other regions.
I feel as though I should throw in my experiences too:

Kept crashing back to the launcher, and I eventually followed the steps provided by the blizzard guy in this thread, but I'm on enEU (I live in Britain), so I deleted the battle.net folder, downloaded the enEU installer (not the enUS), and it updated.

It stopped crashing back to the launcher, however I now have a client mismatch on the European servers. I tried switching to America and Korea, and it doesn't have a problem, but my save is on the European server!

Hope this gets resolved soon, I'm really enjoying the campaign at the moment! :P
finely got the client patching, fingers crossed that it will work, it look like bliz patched the servers without releasing the game client patch
I think they fix it because now is downloading a patch or something xD hope is not a virus.. oh! wait... sarcasm
Hello Everyone,

We apologize for the frustration and confusion with the Launcher. A fix is on the way, but for now we've found that the steps below can help. Please note that this fix is only for the Americas - English (US) client.

1) Delete the Battle.net folder in C:\ProgramData
2) Download and run the online installer (this will not fully reinstall StarCraft II, and will only re-download some data):
StarCraft-II-Setup-enUS.exe

3) Install to the existing StarCraft II location.
C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II

or
C:\Program Files\StarCraft II

This worked for me. Praise Jesus!
Finally got the patch to install, but now my campaign is reset ;(
is working now
I feel as though I should throw in my experiences too:

Kept crashing back to the launcher, and I eventually followed the steps provided by the blizzard guy in this thread, but I'm on enEU (I live in Britain), so I deleted the battle.net folder, downloaded the enEU installer (not the enUS), and it updated.

It stopped crashing back to the launcher, however I now have a client mismatch on the European servers. I tried switching to America and Korea, and it doesn't have a problem, but my save is on the European server!

Hope this gets resolved soon, I'm really enjoying the campaign at the moment! :P

same here! EU servers seem to be not fully patched..
Same here, I can log in to ANY region expect Europe... where my only profile is...
Same issue for me...
Blizzard/Activision, What a mob of crooks.
Does anyone remember what they did to Diablo 3? I go out and buy the expansion today only to find i have to download it anyway. So what did i buy? a pretty box with an empty cd. Yeah thanks! Im from Australia and when you have to pay for download usage there is nothing that makes me more angry. Now it is crashing my internet browser. Poor form once again Blizzard/Activision, this is the last time i will ever buy one of your products. This is a company thats sole purpose is to take your money and deliver a poor product. where did you go wrong?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]