StarCraft® II

Phantom of the Void, Brutal

Stage where you have to un-power up Narud's beam. Any tips?
Edited by DarkSpell on 3/14/2013 8:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
6-7 ultras, 7-8 swarm queens, rest hydras.

use ultras to block ramp, hydras to DPS, and make sure to always have Stukov use his q thingy on hybrids, it increases the damage they take, micro the hydras to focus the hybrids down.

I kept a few swarm hosts and an army of spines to defend my bases while Stukov was doing his thing.

Also, upgrades! don't forget them.

would have gotten the no Stukov deaths achievement, but he died once just after I shut down the last temple. right before he goes invulnerable for beating the mission :(
Reply Quote
Yeah i just did, just used Ultras and frenzied hydras - had a single swarm queen to spread creep as i was using the atk speed and life regen buff from Kerrigan. Left no defense, that kamehameha bar was going left pretty fast just made sure i wasn't under atk before starting channeling. My Stukov died in the last one cause of bad positioning, my hydras got fubared by the colossi.
Reply Quote
Well, I haven't tried it on Brutal, but I pretty much massed Hydras and Roaches (Corpser strain).

Used the baby roaches and Infested Terrans to swarm around the Hybrid keeping him pinned in and busy, picked him off with Roaches and Hydras, that was pretty much the strategy I used every mission.

Edit: Sorry, mistook the mission for the 'Phantom Menaced' achievement.
Edited by QBall on 3/14/2013 10:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Stage where you have to un-power up Narud's beam. Any tips?

i massed ultras and queens with making defense at both my bases. you do that its easy win but just takes time. just a tip 2 of the bonus obj is on the left side and one on the right. cheers!
Reply Quote
Vipers.

Seriously, vipers. Spam blinding cloud. Trust me on this.
Reply Quote
Kerrigan's active ability where she enrages a group of Zerg for 15 seconds or so with increased attack speed and increased health is amazing at taking down Hybrids while minimizing losses.
Reply Quote
you don't control kerrigan in the mission
Reply Quote
Which is why VIPERS are the way to go. I'm pretty sure I was the only person who picked them over brood lords... but blinding cloud is soooooo op in the campaign. SO OP.
Reply Quote
Drone up and make sure the main base and the expo are saturated before you make anything else (use the double drone ability). Then just make mass roach hydra.

I was going for the mastery achievement at the same time so I did 8 roach, then pure muta ling - keep your ultras alive.

You need like 5 hatcheries for decent mutaling production
Edited by MeCHa on 3/14/2013 11:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Anyone know where all the pylon things are for the bonus objective, I could only find two but I can't find the 3rd one at all.
Reply Quote
did you get the one tucked in nice and close to your base? It's kind off off to the southeast and in a strange corner, pretty easy to miss. The other two are on the top half of the map, one way to the west, the other way to the east - if I remember correctly.
Reply Quote
Which is why VIPERS are the way to go. I'm pretty sure I was the only person who picked them over brood lords... but blinding cloud is soooooo op in the campaign. SO OP.

If my micro were better I'd have taken Vipers. Was disappointed to see the low range on the brood lords though.

Ultra wall with hydra dps is probably the easiest option for this mission, especially if you're going through the master archive and can get the good Ultra upgreades.
Reply Quote
lol...I just made a !@#$ ton of ultras like 8-10 and like 8-10 queens with ALL zerglings (Raptor Lings) and just "Swarmed". I've beaten the campaign now 3 times, twice on brutal.
Reply Quote
did you get the one tucked in nice and close to your base? It's kind off off to the southeast and in a strange corner, pretty easy to miss. The other two are on the top half of the map, one way to the west, the other way to the east - if I remember correctly.

I missed the one on the top half, Thanks for the info. Couldn't find it for the life of me lol.
Reply Quote
Ultras and Hydras + stukov A move to each temple
Edited by TheBaron on 3/15/2013 3:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Mass roaches and keep 3 spine crawlers and one spore crawler in base at the same time keep active with your army and dont forget to expo at the bottom right side ofyour base but clear the zealots first.
Reply Quote
Macro as hard as you can until there is just a sliver left on the bar at the start of the mission, then charge in and grab the first temple. The timer will stop as long as Stukov is on the beacon. Roach/Hydra will work well for this mission(especially if you have vile roaches), and a couple ultras doesn't hurt. Upgrades are an absolute must, as with every mission on brutal. It is also wise to spread creep, and I would advise taking malignant creep for this mission if you aren't already using it. Creeping up to a temple and then fighting on that creep while stukov is busy will GREATLY increase your chances of success. On a final note, the last temple will spawn two colossi, but they have a warp-in timer and can be destroyed before they finish warping in, it is wise to take these out before they warp in as they will totally rip apart your hydralisks in a matter of seconds if they warp in.
Reply Quote
Impalers.
Reply Quote
I pretty much mowed through everything with Hydra + Broodlords. Just get enough hydras so that they don't get stuck in the back of other hydras when you're at the temple.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]