StarCraft® II

How do you know if the Zerg going to baling

Bust you. What are some good wall off structure
Reply Quote
If we are talking a super early baneling bust, you scan his natural with your second scan and if there are less than 10 drones there it is likely he is doing some sort of allin. I would say a Widow Mine in front and one behind a walloff is good. Also having barraks as part of a wall off is always strong.
Reply Quote
If I know that my bunker is absolutely toast, at the last second I pull the marines out of it, otherwise the bunker will die and they will just be sitting there waiting for the next baneling to kill them.

If you see a second base that is sparsely populated with drones, that is usually a good sign, and if you find the spawning pool quivering it means it is researching something (until hive, the only thing he could be researching is speed) which is usually used in conjunction with banelings.

What opener are you using? Might help if we know what you have for defense (hellions/banshees or marines ya know?)
Reply Quote
some dead giveaways that he's doing a very early bust:

- no second hatch (this is a huge red flag)
- look at how many gases he took (not 100% sure if all he needs is one gas?)
- and yes the guy above said it best. the second scan revealed a baneling nest

If at least two signs are positive - I immediately slap down another rax, lift the factory up and move it closer to form as tight a second wall as possible, and don't forget to keep on producing marines and widow mines, and extra depots(you're gonna lose at least one). Burrow a widow mine on the ramp.

When the bust hits - let's see him barrel down the second wall.
Reply Quote
For 2 base aggression of any kind, his taking gas before 4 minutes is a huge tell. Anyway, in HotS you should be able to have Widow Mines out before he hits and those should shut it down pretty hard.
Reply Quote
You don't thats the biggest issue of balance you don't know the next wave could be drones or it could be lings
Reply Quote
If I know that my bunker is absolutely toast, at the last second I pull the marines out of it, otherwise the bunker will die and they will just be sitting there waiting for the next baneling to kill them.

If you see a second base that is sparsely populated with drones, that is usually a good sign, and if you find the spawning pool quivering it means it is researching something (until hive, the only thing he could be researching is speed) which is usually used in conjunction with banelings.

What opener are you using? Might help if we know what you have for defense (hellions/banshees or marines ya know?)

I just 1 rax fe into 3 rax
Reply Quote

Oh...me too haha.

Like others say, in the case of knowing absolutely nothing about what the zerg is doing, one scan is really quite worth it.

Not getting his natural, having a macro hatch (or making a natural but with barely any drones at it) or not taking his third for far too long are good indicators that there is some hanky panky coming.

But ya, the scan is worth its weight in gold if it lets you survive the bust or inversely lets you know he is playing greedy and you can cut corners too.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 01:10 PMPosted by fingrknitter

Oh...me too haha.

Like others say, in the case of knowing absolutely nothing about what the zerg is doing, one scan is really quite worth it.

Not getting his natural, having a macro hatch (or making a natural but with barely any drones at it) or not taking his third for far too long are good indicators that there is some hanky panky coming.

But ya, the scan is worth its weight in gold if it lets you survive the bust or inversely lets you know he is playing greedy and you can cut corners too.

Ok thx but where should u scan there main base or expo?
Reply Quote
No second base, double gas is the largest red flag if this happens, drop a few more supply depots at the ramp, with bunkers. build marines, and after you have a good defense, build a cc in your base.

Hold it off and expand=win.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]