StarCraft® II

Tychus Findlay is dead or alive?

I think I may be crazy, I know I saw a cuteness where Jim and Tychus where talking, and I cannot remember it word for word, but Jim was saying he was glad he came to his senses so he did not need to shoot him over Kerrigan. And Tychus response was something smerk like I am glad so I did not need to kill you...

Am I crazy or does that movie really exist?
Reply Quote
Boom headshot.
Reply Quote
He's been confirmed dead in the epilogue of WoL, the book connecting WoL to HotS (Flashpoint) and the early missions of HotS. He's not coming back.
Reply Quote
Tychus was a better friend of what JIM deserved.

Both Fenix and Tychus, dead cause of Jim's obsession with Kerrigan.

He should had been like "Tychus, I shouldnt had brought you to char..." And "Mengsk, this is for what you did to Tychus!"
Reply Quote
I think Tychus knew he had to sacrifice himself for Kerrigan, after all he left his visor up and hesitated on purpose to give Raynor the "choice". He could have just killed himself, but he's not a hero and didn't want to die a hero. Also he went to jail for Raynor once already, and if he sacrificed himself again Raynor would take it for granted. So he made Raynor do it the hard way.
Reply Quote
nicely put Morsk. i gotta go back and watch that scene again but Tychus made some deal to get himself set free if he killed Kerrigan am i correct? i did not pay attention to the visor until Morsk bought it to my attention. i thought he was just trying to save his own !@#$.
Reply Quote
Sam, Tychus let Jim decide otherwise, he wouldn't say anything and just pull the trigger to kill deinfested Kerrigan. Aside the fact that he and Mengsk communicate to each other clearly in midle of the troops before he aim the rifle at Kerrigan.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure there's also a chat option with Horner where he says that someone has wired up Tychus' armor to a "kill switch" that will shut down his organ's at the press of a button. Mengsk essentially had a gun to Tychus' head.
Reply Quote
He is dead.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure there's also a chat option with Horner where he says that someone has wired up Tychus' armor to a "kill switch" that will shut down his organ's at the press of a button. Mengsk essentially had a gun to Tychus' head.

Yeah. The problem is this comes up pretty early on. :/ Makes you wonder why no one did anything.
Reply Quote
Well judging by my avatar.... would be nice to see Tychus join the swarm :P (A Fantasy for another time)
Reply Quote
Well judging by my avatar.... would be nice to see Tychus join the swarm :P (A Fantasy for another time)

Yeah I thought that was going to happen since his body was lying around Zerg territory. Guess Raynor at least got someone to bag his body for a proper burial lol.

But no OP that cutscene only existed in your head. Tychus pretty intentionally let Jim catch wind of the truth at the end there to give him a chance to kill him or not. It's actually probably the best written part of the SC2 trilogy thus far. That Tychus has no choice but to kill Kerrigan even when he knows it will put him in that position where he will be enemies with Jim. And he respects Jim enough to give him opportunity to kill him. Could also be seen as twisted revenge. It's got actual depth to the point it feels out of place in this trilogy lol.
Reply Quote
Listen to this:

In the special edition behind the scenes DVD, in the dev commentary for the cutscenes,

one of the devs say they would like to bring Tychus back.

It didn't sound like a decision, but an option. Let's see how it turns out!

If he's back, I'd prefer him to be zerg, but there doesn't seem to be much room in LotV for yet another 'badass' zergified terran.
Reply Quote
Listen to this:

In the special edition behind the scenes DVD, in the dev commentary for the cutscenes,

one of the devs say they would like to bring Tychus back.

It didn't sound like a decision, but an option. Let's see how it turns out!

If he's back, I'd prefer him to be zerg, but there doesn't seem to be much room in LotV for yet another 'badass' zergified terran.

Why?
Reply Quote

I would not rule that out. Perhaps one of the Amon's minions will resurrect him as an attempt hurt Raynor and by proxy Kerrigan. If that's the case, then hopefully, he will make the right choice this time.
Reply Quote
03/27/2013 12:57 AMPosted by Sifer

Yeah I thought that was going to happen since his body was lying around Zerg territory. Guess Raynor at least got someone to bag his body for a proper burial lol.

According to the book flashpoint no. He did not bag Tychus's body and even told his men to leave the traitor where he was. They were still surrounded by now leaderless and frenzied zerg and he wouldn't risk their lives by dragging out the corpse of a traitor.

Still, if he was infested you'd think that's something they'd mention to Kerrigan once she regain control of the swarm. Kind of a shame. I had no strong attachments to Tychus the whole brutish but loyal thug just doesn't hold much water with me. Especially with the loyal being a bit limited. Despite that he could have made an interesting hero unit. The man who found freedom as a monster.
Reply Quote
He is well dead.
Reply Quote
Tychus was never "confirmed" dead in Flashpoint. If anything, they left it intentionally ambiguous when Raynor ordered his 'body' be left on the planet because he'd be too heavy to carry. They do NOT check him. They do NOT look for vitals.

Admittedly it looks like he gets shot point blank in the head at the end of WOL. But I'd be willing to bet the writers left this open-ended, in case they wanted to bring him back. Remember, Tychus is *tough*. The bullet could've grazed his thick skull, bounced off a plate in his head, knocked him out... and when he came to, Jimmy was gone. That sort of thing.

Don't go around telling people he's "confirmed" dead. I like that the writers left it this way, and have the flexibility to resurrect a truly great character if they needed him again.
Reply Quote
We do not require Tychus to come back alive nor do we need him alive. Stukov and Tassadar have already been revived to give the older fans some happiness and to move the plot forward. Tychus' return doesn't rightly help anything right now. Besides, I think Tychus' death was fine. Maybe it could have used more lines to have Tychus say his farewells but it was fine. Let us allow Tychus to remain dead as Fenix and Raszagal are.
Edited by UltraNoob on 4/20/2013 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 06:55 PMPosted by AdmiralNoob
We do not require Tychus to come back alive nor do we need him alive. Stukov and Tassadar have already been revived to give the older fans some happiness and to move the plot forward. Tychus' return doesn't rightly help anything right now. Besides, I think Tychus' death was fine. Maybe it could have used more lines to have Tychus say his farewells but it was fine. Let us allow Tychus to remain dead as Fenix and Raszagal are.

seeing as it was left on 'char' though the protoss homeworld, after the end of WoL it could be possible that the protoss took their homeworld back and resurrected tycus as a 'immortal/stalker/dragoon' like they did with fenix. they may even bring back tassadar*(spelt wrong i know) as a stalker/immortal aswell cause he only died the one time. all in all though we will have to see what blizzard wants to do with the situation. personally i wouldnt mind seeing tycus,fenix or tassadar back. they were all awesome.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]